Ab Workout

c-note

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can someone post a good ab workout regimen. i'm trying to get lots of definition on my abs. Thanks

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by c-note
Can someone post a good ab workout regimen. i'm trying to get lots of definition on my abs. Thanks
Do ab exercises until the cows come home, but it won't make you have a 6 pack. You'll be setting the stage to have one when you start dieting right, getting plenty of cardio in, and your body fat drops - but it's got to be a combination of all of these factors for your abs to show their glory. Otherwise your big hard abs will be covered by soft flabby fat.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't have abs without a low body fat percentage. However, that won't get it for you by itself. Some people say that you don't need to put on muscle on your abs, but if you look at body builders their abs are massive. I put flat weights on my chest and do 3 sets of 6-8 reps of x lbs.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
You can't have abs without a low body fat percentage. However, that won't get it for you by itself. Some people say that you don't need to put on muscle on your abs, but if you look at body builders their abs are massive. I put flat weights on my chest and do 3 sets of 6-8 reps of x lbs.
A second for that post.

Weighted ab exercises, build those things up. Keep them in proportion with the rest of your body by doing resistance training, and strengthen your core.

Alex_L

Don Juan
Reaction score
best method is too do sit ups and and really focus on the movement and really crunch hard into your abs when you come over (this well help define split your abs up nicely)

for the sides do the same but lean into one of your sides

reps off 8 - 12 usually work

for more resistance, try raising your legs too higher places ..up a wall being the most resistance.....you can also try them with your legs strapped hanging of a frame or somit.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that going to failure works best for abs. They are just a really commonly used muscle in your body. Just as you can probably leg press more than you can bench, you either need to use a REALLY heavy weight for your abs (which may not be possible due to size restrictions) or go to failure. You use your abs while standing, getting up, pulling, pushing, walking, almost everything. What I do is I strap a weight to my chest and go to failure. Works for me.