Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2009-2014 era SoSuave'rs?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read Doc Love articles when I was in college in the early 2000s. Texting wasn't really a thing back then. There were home phones and cell phones but the cell phones were used primarily for on the go phone calls. Doc was emphasizing home phones then. I didn't remember texting getting big until 2005 or 2006. The first iPhone hit the market in 2007. Before the iPhone, it was possible to date without using text messaging. After the release of the iPhone and the major popularity of the Blackberry (from 2007-09, the Blackberry was bigger), doing the early stages of dating without texting became nearly impossible.
The basics are still the same, whether it's a home phone or a raise to voice text or whatever. You still have to think. His point was to call the girl when they would likely be at home and not focused on other stuff. You want her full attention. No doubt that it's gotten tougher nowadays to do that, since most are buried in their phone all day anyway.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck calling a girl you didnt bang yet and expect her to pick up and give you her full attention in 2021...even more to schedule a date 3 days in advance.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My impression with the whole texting controversy was that the older wave of PUAs hadn't caught up with the technology yet.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2002 here... found this site after my high school girlfriend told me we should experience other people .,,

After finding this site I entered my glory days!! 20 years flew past and now I feel ancient.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2002 here... found this site after my high school girlfriend told me we should experience other people .,,

After finding this site I entered my glory days!! 20 years flew past and now I feel ancient.
I often wonder what would have happened if I had been around 20 when I found this place, instead of 48. I'm not at all sure I wouldn't have used it in self destructive ways.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often wonder what would have happened if I had been around 20 when I found this place, instead of 48. I'm not at all sure I wouldn't have used it in self destructive ways.
Same for me and HS (2002-2006), i found this forum at 22 give or take, i wish i found it during HS to be honest

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of 'old school player' advice is still the best advice.

Much of the advice you get these days has a 'modern, bluepill' nuance to it.
I agree, i know. Women dont "change" overall. Their psychology is still the same

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone from 2009-2014 era SoSuave'rs still on here(or older)? Im hardly on this forum anymore, but would love to see some old faces that are still around.
What's the point?

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone from 2009-2014 era SoSuave'rs still on here(or older)? Im hardly on this forum anymore, but would love to see some old faces that are still around.
Joined in 2012. I was 54, separated after almost 30 years of marriage. If I remember correctly, Rollo was still active here and was just starting his blog.

Taking the red pill in your 50s was an eye opening, interesting journey to say the least.

-Augustus-

Serenity

Reaction score
I signed up in 2013, discovered it just a couple of months before that while looking up information that could shed light on what the hell I was doing wrong with women. I am a very different man today, I wouldn't go looking for my oldest posts, it's so bad.

You might know me as Grewd. I locked myself out of that account in an attempt to quit a couple years ago, but signed up again as Serenity some weeks later. Grewd later got merged with this account.

Reactions: Von

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even the atmosphere in this forum was much better back in the early 10s, much more carefree attitude and humor.
Agreed, then we had an influx of all these members, when i signed up there were around 50,000 members, now there are double that. Everyone was helping eachother out big time around then also, it seems as the years go on the advice gets worse and worse, thank god i joined when i did / learned what i did around that time. Truthfully everything is in the bible, no one just seems to read it or even mention it anymore.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, then we had an influx of all these members, when i signed up there were around 50,000 members, now there are double that. Everyone was helping eachother out big time around then also, it seems as the years go on the advice gets worse and worse, thank god i joined when i did / learned what i did around that time. Truthfully everything is in the bible, no one just seems to read it or even mention it anymore.
forums always seem to do that. In the really early days here, back in the 2000's, there was really good advice on here that worked very well on principle, and for the time.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I signed up in 2013, discovered it just a couple of months before that while looking up information that could shed light on what the hell I was doing wrong with women. I am a very different man today, I wouldn't go looking for my oldest posts, it's so bad.

You might know me as Grewd. I locked myself out of that account in an attempt to quit a couple years ago, but signed up again as Serenity some weeks later. Grewd later got merged with this account.
Oh glad your back! I liked grewd

Man i missed the years by 1 :)