DonJefe19
Don Juan
- Joined
- May 25, 2025
- Messages
- 72
- Reaction score
- 49
- Age
- 40
I've been working remote for the past 6 years. I enjoy the benefits. Even when I was in college, I came to the conclusion that I didn't want end up like everyone else having to be at a place, at a certain time, for said duration, and have to deal with everyone else in traffic for an hour of my life. However, of all the benefits that comes with it, it doesn't help my social life all that much.
It's not like I don't leave the house when the work day is over. I go to the gym like everyone else and also do competitive dance as I travel around the country to compete. However, I do spend a lot time at the ballroom studio (3-4 times a week) to prepare for our competitions. On the other hand, I don't really do much outside of that.
I'm grateful I'm able to to work the way I can. Although, even with the activities I do outside of work, I still feel like a recluse.
Just curious if anybody else who works remotely have figured out ways to get out of that mindset?
It's not like I don't leave the house when the work day is over. I go to the gym like everyone else and also do competitive dance as I travel around the country to compete. However, I do spend a lot time at the ballroom studio (3-4 times a week) to prepare for our competitions. On the other hand, I don't really do much outside of that.
I'm grateful I'm able to to work the way I can. Although, even with the activities I do outside of work, I still feel like a recluse.
Just curious if anybody else who works remotely have figured out ways to get out of that mindset?