Will a Rolex Get You Laid? Will a Rolex Help You Get a Longer Term Girlfriend?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the biggest part of RolexMaxxing is that it's WristMaxxing, and a Rolex won't help a WristCel.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I "wore" a watch was back before the days of WIFI or even (small, cheap) mobile phones. I had an old fashioned pocket watch - a Swatch, that looked like an Euro train station clock - I had gotten the idea for getting a pocket watch by looking at a Euro train conductor use one :) - and I used that a lot - and even some chicks thought it was interesting. It broke and I got it fixed by some idiot American, and he put in a non-stock adjustment knob, and it pi33ed me off. Maybe when I return to Switzerland, I'll get it properly fixed. :rolleyes:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rolex is the most likely brand to get a man laid. Rolex has the brand recognition from women.

Cartier has some brand recognition but Cartier watches are considered more appropriate for women to wear than for men to wear.
So it's OVER for SwatchCels?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the hell is WristCel? It's a made up term. Few watch brands are meaningful for women. Swatch isn't one of them. There are even some nice, entry-level luxury brand watches that won't help much with getting laid. These are good watches in general, but bad watches for attracting women. Rolex is the brand that has the most awareness with women. There are a number of other watchmakers that are high quality with less name recognition like Patek Phillippe and Jaeger LeCoultre.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rolex is the brand that has the most awareness with women. There are a number of other watchmakers that are high quality with less name recognition like Patek Phillippe and Jaeger LeCoultre.
I wear different styles mostly and some get more reactions than others. The Luminox is a very bold watch and gets more (and different) reactions than my Woodwatch. And I can imagine that a slim gold Patek Philippe displays more of a subdued elegance in contrast with s Rolex Submariner.

Another thing is that Rolex is such a status symbol that counterfeits are profitable and many Rolexes are fake, so a Rolex won't convince every woman that you're a 'high value man'.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like the Rolex Submariner but others do. I tend to like Datejusts and the Day Date more.

You said it yourself. Rolex is a status symbol.

I think in order for a Rolex to be effective in seduction and in retaining a woman (if that's a goal), it has to be combined with other status symbols.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in order for a Rolex to be effective in seduction and in retaining a woman (if that's a goal), it has to be combined with other status symbols.
And you have to look congruent with a Rolex wearer. Or say it was a gift from your harem.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the gold Rolexes are better for initially attracting than the steel or even two tone Rolexes. Few steel Rolexes are going to stand out nearly as much as a gold Rolex.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the gold Rolexes are better for initially attracting than the steel or even two tone Rolexes. Few steel Rolexes are going to stand out nearly as much as a gold Rolex.
They are also more 'bling' and 9 out of 10 are fakes, so I think if you want to attract the smarter gold diggers you should go for the more subdued subtle Rolexes. :cool:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are also more 'bling' and 9 out of 10 are fakes, so I think if you want to attract the smarter gold diggers you should go for the more subdued subtle Rolexes. :cool:
The potential problem with that approach is that your watch goes completely unnoticed.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most cheap watches, even if they look good, won't get attention. You've got to get up to the Rolex class to get attention for your watch. It's also the gold Rolexes that get more attention than the steel ones. There are some very nice steel Rolexes but they don't quite stand out like a gold Rolex. The gold Rolexes also cost far more than the steel ones. The steel ones are also plenty expensive, but more of budget Rolexes.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most cheap watches, even if they look good, won't get attention. You've got to get up to the Rolex class to get attention for your watch.
My secondhand Promaster diver watch got me a date first day I wear it.

Citizen BJ7100-82E Promaster daylight.jpeg

I bought this watch secondhand from a guy on Marktplaats (a Dutch 'craigslist') and when it arrived today I removed the metal bracelet (I don't like shackles) and put a heavy duty black and silver ZULU/NATO strap on the beast.
I went with my teenage daughter and tomcat for cheesecake and coffee at one of my regular haunts. We were the only ones except for a young man and young woman.
I think she kept staring at my beastly watch while she filmed my cat sitting on my lap and asking me for my IG. When I got home there was a message waiting for me to meet with her.
Apparently she wants to extend our conversation at my place and talk more about herself.

Maybe I should wear my Orient Flieger next time, less butch.

Orient Flight Flieger black:orange NATO Daylight.jpeg

Reaction score
Well I suppose R helps if it gives you confidence?
And if you like to collect nice things, I bet watches are better than high end knives, or AR-15s for pulling chicks! :D

In a more autistic tone:
In my own experience (as masculine looking guy) when signalling more provider-value qualities (wealth, liking children or kinder side of your persona) can make chicks really light up. But remember that slipping too much into provider-frame can make power-dynamics definately sh1ttier in the beginning.
No problem here, if you have good frame control / game.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the time any dude should be able to comfortably afford Rolexes (being able to buy them casually like they're candy bars), it becomes irrelevant. Having a Rolex without also having a Rolls Royce is kind of like when guys have nice cars but live in sh1t apartments. You'll initially get the attention of women, but be sniffed out in due time.
If a man has a Rolex, it needs to work in conjunction with other possessions. It needs to work with his home and car. The Rolex isn't as big of a priority as the home, its furnishings, and the car.

There's an argument that in an initial approach, a Rolex can be seen without the car or the home being seen. The Rolex serves as somewhat of a lure because a man can't take his car into the bar/mall/grocery store to attract the women.

I have heard of men who will be out in public and display their car keys with a BMW or Mercedes-Benz logo on the keys in order to attract women. That's the closest way that a man could take his car into the bar.

Using the Rolex could be a little bit more subtle than using the BMW or Mercedes-Benz logo. The gold Rolexes attract more attention than the steel ones.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a man has a Rolex, it needs to work in conjunction with other possessions. It needs to work with his home and car. The Rolex isn't as big of a priority as the home, its furnishings, and the car.

There's an argument that in an initial approach, a Rolex can be seen without the car or the home being seen. The Rolex serves as somewhat of a lure because a man can't take his car into the bar/mall/grocery store to attract the women.

I have heard of men who will be out in public and display their car keys with a BMW or Mercedes-Benz logo on the keys in order to attract women. That's the closest way that a man could take his car into the bar.

Using the Rolex could be a little bit more subtle than using the BMW or Mercedes-Benz logo. The gold Rolexes attract more attention than the steel ones.
For me, the hierarchy would be Home > Car > Watch.

Car debt is awful. Credit card debt is even worse. In the big picture, I don’t think it’s worth putting yourself into debt to get things to impress materialistic women.