Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will a Rolex Get You Laid? Will a Rolex Help You Get a Longer Term Girlfriend?

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watches are obsolete technology (obviously this doesn't apply to smartwatches.) Their only purpose is to advertise wealth. I'd never wear an expensive watch as it increases your odds of being a victim of an armed robbery. There are far more practical methods to peacock.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watches are obsolete technology (obviously this doesn't apply to smartwatches.) Their only purpose is to advertise wealth.
I think many men think that the primary purpose of a Rolex is to help them get laid.

If you have a Rolex and a good German car brand, is that enough to get you laid? Or do you still need more?
I have them both , And I can not say that I have a better sex life than I used to have before having them
I would think a lot of men would find that a disappointment if they got those two things and it didn't affect their sex lives.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of watches, and shoes, what about jewelry?

Ruby, sapphire, emerald?

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, say you were going to buy a $5,000 Rolex watch at Target or so.

So as the conveyor belt runs, the cashier scans the Rolex watch, $5,000, and then okay, you swipe your card, pay for it.

Would you not want to pick the hottest female cashiers?

And the reason I chose Target is they allow their female employees to wear tank top uniforms that can show some cleavage, instead of others, so.

2. What if you were going to buy a Rolex watch with your wife? Would she oppose you picking a hot female cashier, would she force you to pick a guy cashier?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Rolex is one of the most prestigious brands. To get a Rolex time piece, expect to spend more than $8,000.

While there are other watch brands, Rolex is the one most well known.

If a man isn't getting laid and is struggling in swiping/approaching, how much difference will a ~$10,000 Rolex make in terms of attracting women initially? How much difference will it make in terms of obtaining a girlfriend?

I've never had a Rolex. I was gifted a better than average watch at college graduation but not comparable to Rolex. That watch has never gotten me any female attention. This is a watch that retailed at over $1,000 in the mid-2000s. A Rolex in the mid-2000s was at least $6,000-$7,000 for the sake of comparison.
Women like watches on men. They just do. And they don't care what brand it is, per se. As long as it looks good. This excludes techy watches like Apple and Samsung as they're too generic. I've had MANY females love my Mr. Daddy watch by Diesel obviously because of the outrageous size of it. But it looked good on me and it was an easy conversation starter. It was like playing with a cheat code, that my friend went out a got one. So I'll agree with the video that size matters. Would I get the same reaction or attention from women with a small face Rolex? Highly doubt it.
BUT if you decide to buy a Rolex of any kind, the best way to get laid is to come up with a background story about the watch like it was your deceased grandfathers that was handed down to you or something like that because it conveys sentimental value and women get all in their emotions when they hear stuff like that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, say you were going to buy a $5,000 Rolex watch at Target or so.

So as the conveyor belt runs, the cashier scans the Rolex watch, $5,000, and then okay, you swipe your card, pay for it.

Would you not want to pick the hottest female cashiers?

And the reason I chose Target is they allow their female employees to wear tank top uniforms that can show some cleavage, instead of others, so.

2. What if you were going to buy a Rolex watch with your wife? Would she oppose you picking a hot female cashier, would she force you to pick a guy cashier?
Rolexes are not sold at Target. Rolexes are typically sold in upscale shops/upscale jewelers.

Buying a Rolex at an upscale shop from an attractive female sales rep means nothing. She deals with rich men all day.

It's possible to buy a pre-owned Rolex either online or at some specialized shops in-person as well.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Concur with @Glassguy on this one. Get it because YOU like it and it's YOUR style. They can be an investment, like any high end well known designer piece of jewelry, and they are also a bit for showing off in certain circles. In more upscale circles they signal belonging, but really get one if you like it.

I may get one myself. But what I want in a Rolex is pretty unique. Some years ago they made one with a burled walnut face. Different than your standard issue, and less desirable by resale value standards, but I find these cool. I have not yet, however, come to justify the cost. That and watches tend to short out on me for some odd reason. In expensive watches and expensive watches. I had a Cartier stop working after I'd worn it for a while. That was annoying. Last thing I'd want is a Rolex or Patek Phillipe watch stopping for some unknown reason.

So I guess I like the idea.

I couldn't care less about whether a man wears a Rolex or not. I do care about style so if a man has savvy style, well that's something. Otherwise dress to taste and within your budget, otherwise you are posing, and posers are passe.

The surgeon in the OP? He's got bigger issues if he's having to go about bragging that he's a physician and then buying a Rolex to further front to people. He likely lacks looks, style, panache and social skills, but money can't but him those things, so he's trying to make do buying what he thinks will make up for the things he lacks that money CAN'T buy him, like confidence and style.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a new Rolex is essentially only possible at a Rolex boutique and they are more than likely not going to sell you jack s*** and pop you on a waitlist. If you haven't payed 'fees' (lined pockets), have prior history buying a Rolex and are not of some status you aren't getting a new Rolex gmt master ii, period. In years past you may have been able to grab a brand new black dial submariner, but not now. That and the cheapest Rollie you're going to find is a date-just at around 7k used. That aside, most watch enthusiast would push one to look at Rolex's sister brand Tudor.

Wearing a good looking watch and wearing it appropriately is all that matters. Wearing a 12k Cartier tank with a swimsuit and tank top? You look stupid and try hard. That same outfit? Wear and affordable Orient diver or G shock and you're golden. The whole look is important, if you're strolling up with a gawdy Invicta you payed $130 for (actually at target) then you look tryhard and tacky. If you spend $25 bucks on a casio digital with a metal band and wear it right, it looks good.

I get complimented on everything from my cheap Casio's/modded Seikos to the higher end Longines and Tudor I own. Most people don't know anything about anachronistic technology like watches. The only ones who care are watch nerds (mostly men) and rich dudes with money to blow.

As long as it looks good and fits the vibe that is all that matters.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about owning ruby/sapphire/emerald? Isn't the start of a recession the best time to buy them?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That and the cheapest Rollie you're going to find is a date-just at around 7k used.
Used Rolexes aren't that great of a deal. They are nearly as expensive as new Rolexes.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a new Rolex is essentially only possible at a Rolex boutique and they are more than likely not going to sell you jack s*** and pop you on a waitlist.
That's why I would prefer to buy a pre-owned Rolex if I were to buy. I would not want to wait.

The only ones who care are watch nerds (mostly men) and rich dudes with money to blow.
A lot of hobbies that men like are mostly men.

Most recreational bicycle riders are men. When I bike on a local popular biking path, the male to female biker ratio is between 8-10 men for every 1 woman.

The more competitive tennis players are mostly men.

There are more female runners than male runners from what I observe. Most fitness classes are more females than males, but they are not as good for pickup as one might think with those good ratios.

This is what makes them decent investments.
They can be. It can also be a pain to try to sell a Rolex online.

There are pre-owned Rolex retailers like select jewelry stores that will buy your Rolex and then re-sell it themselves. You won't get as good of a price going that direction as selling it yourself on the internet but it is more convenient.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The surgeon in the OP? He's got bigger issues if he's having to go about bragging that he's a physician and then buying a Rolex to further front to people. He likely lacks looks, style, panache and social skills, but money can't but him those things, so he's trying to make do buying what he thinks will make up for the things he lacks that money CAN'T buy him, like confidence and style.
If the men in this original article were 6'0"+ with muscles, I don't think they'd be worried about owning Rolexes or other luxury watch brands.

That surgeon was 53 years old at the time of the article's writing and likely not that impressive looking. He probably hadn't gotten good feedback on his approaches, dates, or via online dating. That's why having a luxury watch was so important to him. I think you're correct that he was lacking somewhere.

Get it because YOU like it and it's YOUR style. They can be an investment, like any high end well known designer piece of jewelry, and they are also a bit for showing off in certain circles. In more upscale circles they signal belonging, but really get one if you like it.
There are certain types of girls that respond to high dollar watches. They hang out in upscale bars looking for easy targets. At best they are good for pump and dump.
The signaling is a big reason why someone would buy it. There are men out there that believe that a Rolex will signal to women that he's worthy of their attention and their vagina. There is a reason this line of thinking exists and the 2nd quote is why it exists.

Pathetic mindset in my opinion. The level of simping in this world is beyond comprehension. For every guy who thinks flexing his money is helping him get a girl, that same girl has been banged endlessly by broke ass dudes without a dime to their name.
This is such as important point. For some men, flexing money is the only way they perceive they can get laid. As a result, they create a frame where they lead with their money and possessions.

Mike recalls a recent night out in Atlantic City when an admiring guest at the roulette table zeroed in on his bling: “I have a pretty small frame so, when I wear this watch, it takes up most of my arm,” says the 5-foot-7 banker. “I hit a spin, and this woman said: ‘Oh my gosh, that thing must be half your weight!’

“Then she was asking me what I did for a living, and where I was staying.”

One thing led to another. “Let’s just say it was a lucky night,” he demurs.

Mike, who earned $400,000 last year, including a $120,000 bonus, even admits to driving his Lexus LS around the Jersey Shore in the summer, the windows rolled down and his wrist hanging out, on display.
Do you'll think a person with charisma, confidence and self love would say something like this? Of course it was luck for him, cause he got nothing else to offer other than his Rolex, Beta Bux at its finest.
I don't think the story of Mike from that article would be the mindset of someone other than beta with a lot of bux.

Last edited:

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
got a 18kt two-tone dayjust with an original factory diamond bezel with papers and box
(same watch as Patrick Bateman in American psycho except the diamonds)

Never has it helped me get laid but girls do notice. it’s whatever though any given day I will probably flip it for a quick 6k cash infusion

Attachments

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have two, I have never met a woman who noticed or commented on them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a Rolex without also having a Rolls Royce is kind of like when guys have nice cars but live in sh1t apartments. You'll initially get the attention of women, but be sniffed out in due time.
I do think it takes more than solely a Rolex to get laid if the strategy is to use material possessions to get women. I think the Rolex needs to be combined with a nice bachelor pad and a luxury brand car too.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even wear my Tommy automatic dress watch I got myself for a milestone achievement, ever. It isn't produced anymore but got me fascinated stares often. I have a beater, all black G-Shock I bought for $70 that I exercise and hike with. Sometimes I'll rock that in public. My go to casual wear watches are a $350 G-steel and an Invicta Pro Diver $70 from Amazon. I won't be buying more.

I wrecked a Seiko chronograph and a 299 "quid" G-Shock Mudmaster already. Back when I frequented London, I went with my gut feeling and got a lay of the land pretty quickly. It was obvious to me that the black/OD green Mudmaster would do. Ironically, that was my most expensive watch I owned then. That's how I avoided getting robbed. The G's I have now will survive any holocaust or holodomar thrown at them.

These narc females aren't worth shyt at present, so I'll gladly wear a t-shirt and a black G while leaving the rest to their pea brain imagination. Yes, some women have already gotten wrong ideas after seeing the Invicta on my wrist. They can't tell their asses from a hole in the ground.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
got a 18kt two-tone dayjust with an original factory diamond bezel with papers and box
(same watch as Patrick Bateman in American psycho except the diamonds)

Never has it helped me get laid but girls do notice. it’s whatever though any given day I will probably flip it for a quick 6k cash infusion
That's a solid Datejust. Has owning/wearing a Rolex Datejust made you more confident? Do you think women were attracted to that confidence and that has helped you attract/retain women?

I have two, I have never met a woman who noticed or commented on them.
Very cool. If women haven't noticed them, do you think it's indirectly helped you? Has it given you more confidence and self-esteem? More confidence and self-esteem is attractive.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To break the ice with you my guy it’s mostly other men who notice the watch. I do feel more confident if I’m dressed good with a clean haircut and the timepiece definitely is an accessory to the flair no doubt.
But after a while it tapers off and I forget I got it on.
maybe it turned into an extension of my person.

I feel that girls notice my whip ,shoes and tallness more than the watch though.

Never had a girl comment on it except a 38 year old Latina milf I was seeing during the peak of covid. The gleam in her eyes just lasered to the watch when we’re mackin “ is that a Rolex” I just replied
“something like that” with a smirk.
Girls do like natural diamonds.

Last edited: