Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Between YouTube videos and i'm learning from actual hand to hand ex-military combat instructors I always knew don't want to punch in the street fight

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I busted two hands and sprained my wrist and several occasions back in high school throwing punches like that more effective a slap or he'll punch to the nose or chin

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
As someone who's grew up in Brooklyn and lived in Chicago most my life, I've been in a handful of fights myself as well as did a bit of boxing growing up.

and I know what you mean. I think I was about 17 when I first fractured my wrist/hairline fracture.. Intense immediate pain is what you feel and then your hand swells up like twice the size. Ofc I've always had pretty skinny wrists.

That's why things such as wrist wraps are so important in combat sports. Boxers, Muay THai, MMA, they all wrap their hands underneath the gloves. The wraps obviously start at the hand but cover the wrist to secure the wrist as well. Aside from fracturing your wrist, you can break tendons in the hand, bones in the hand, etc

I think one of the things that I used to do as a mistake when I first started getting into scraps as a kid was I used to have my thumb sticking out, which is a big no no. You also don't want to thuck your thumb into your balled fist.

Never punch like a robot either.. The natural way to punch is your turn your wrist in or throw with your wrist/palm parallel to the ground.
Also when punching, focus all your contact on your index and middle knuckles/fingers.. Punching the wrong way/landing with your ring/pinky finger knuckles can break those fingers.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what’s even worse ... taking knuckles to your mouth.... with no guard... and breaking several teeth....

Fighting can be very expensive and life changing.... avoid at all costs unless you have no choice. Seen two guys get into a scuffle at a bar while on vacation. At any moment both of them could have simply walked away.....they kept at each other.... went outside. One punch thrown and the dude fell back and cracked his head off the curb. He passed away... other guy is now in state prison.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
You know what’s even worse ... taking knuckles to your mouth.... with no guard... and breaking several teeth....

Fighting can be very expensive and life changing.... avoid at all costs unless you have no choice. Seen two guys get into a scuffle at a bar while on vacation. At any moment both of them could have simply walked away.....they kept at each other.... went outside. One punch thrown and the dude fell back and cracked his head off the curb. He passed away... other guy is now in state prison.
Or getting permanent brain damage if we're really trying to talk about "whats worse". The back part of our heads are soft and don't offer protection like the front part of our skull.. yet I've seen people get punched in the back of the head while unconscious multiple times, stomped in the back of the head.. That sht can change someone forever/ even paralyze them.

Never had any problem with my teeth when it comes to fighting but def a reason why mouth guards exist. I did break my nose before and ended up having a deviated septum for years until I got surgery to fix it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Buy some chapstick and always keep it with you. If you get in a situation, put it in your hand and close your fist on it...your punch will be much harder than it normally would, almost as if you had brass knuckles due to having no give to it like a normal fist would.

If you ever wonder why everyone walks around with chapstick on them in the ghetto that's why.

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out solar plexus punch. one punch man. One mind any weapon run away

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah man. Not only did dating changed , society as a whole changed for the worst .

The way i grew up and was brought up was all about respect and honor. If we would be walking together down the street and you would get into a fight, i would actually be the referee and let you guys duke it out. Nowadays we would jump that dude together and break all his bones . A honest fight is a thing of the past.

Eli, remember you are one fight away from permanent, life altering damage . And i say that as a former professional fighter.

-You either win, they'll return and take revenge. Meaning you'll have to look behind you all the time.

-You win ,they'll call the cops on you amd now your future is in the hands of a judge or even worse; a jury.

-You lose and you'll lose confidence, and perhaps teeth, eye, brain damage ect.

All three are also possible with the same newly created person/enemy. A simple "watcha looking at" can escalate into dramatic proportions.

My greatest victories were the fights i ran away from!

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy some chapstick and always keep it with you. If you get in a situation, put it in your hand and close your fist on it...your punch will be much harder than it normally would, almost as if you had brass knuckles due to having no give to it like a normal fist would.

If you ever wonder why everyone walks around with chapstick on them in the ghetto that's why.
Never heard of chapstick. I’ve heard of the lighter method though.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only been in one fight in my life which was a few years ago, and we actually ended up wrestling on concrete rather than throwing punches, luckily it only resulted in some minor abrasion from the pavement.

I almost got into one last summer as well, but I walked away once I realized there is no positive outcome from it besides keeping your pride, but I'd rather take the disrespect, especially if its from a retard or narcissist, they don't matter anyway. And really, breaking your hand should be the least of your worries...I'm more concerned about brain damage or prison time. You never know what the **** can happen, even if you win the fight the guy might have 3 friends nearby who jump you afterwards or they may even pull out a gun or knife. People are ****ing crazy nowadays.

Honestly my strategy in the future will be to just walk/run away or say whatever I need to say to get them off my back. If you have no choice or need to protect someone, then try to knock them out asap and run away.

Last edited:

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I served overseas in Korea on the DMZ, our combat training was top notch from 2 Korean masters. We did learn to punch, but learned more of other techniques like spear hand strikes to vulnerable targets, joint locks/breaks, kicks, throws, etc. and they turn out to be much more effective in situations when you can't avoid confrontation.

But here's the thing about street combat and conflicts, every accomplished martial artist I've ever known was not only skilled at self defense, but equally adept at diffusing these type of situations through diplomacy and psychology. A skill that we all work on here in dealing with women.

... and yes a lesson I've learned after having to get my knuckle repaired in surgery.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A kick to the nuts is the surest knockout. And then yes, definitely the run away part. Avoiding cops is another benefit to this technique.
I heard you can make a v shape with your fingers and jab them in the eyes if you can do it unexpectedly when their guard is down.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard you can make a v shape with your fingers and jab them in the eyes if you can do it unexpectedly when their guard is down.
I remember training that move. The thumb is on the underside and hits them in the throat, as well as a simultaneous crotch kick. It felt like something out of The Three Stooges, but was supposedly a samurai move. Japanese people have always been small in stature, thus their jiu jitsu contains a lot of dirty tricks like that, to help a smaller person defeat a larger opponent.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a lot of fights in high school (finished but never started) but it was different back then. Over 15 years of martial arts training.
Nowadays my net worth is way too much for me to risk punching someone in the mouth. The fight would almost certainly be more enjoyable than the legal system and potential lawsuits. I started BJJ a few weeks ago though to have more options that won't necessarily leave marks or damage on anyone who might want to start something. Thoroughly enjoying it.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember training that move. The thumb is on the underside and hits them in the throat, as well as a simultaneous crotch kick. It felt like something out of The Three Stooges, but was supposedly a samurai move. Japanese people have always been small in stature, thus their jiu jitsu contains a lot of dirty tricks like that, to help a smaller person defeat a larger opponent.
Yes that is where I heard the move originated from as well. Supposedly it's enough of a shock to their nervous system that it causes them to pass out.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A lighter also works

I fractured my left middle knuckle in a fight, hurt forever, took a long time to feel good again clenching that fist and it looks a bit deformed if you check closely.

I definitely stay away from fights these days but always prepared to give and take a punch.

I don’t think “someone could get really hurt” at a very low probability is an excuse to emasculate and humiliate yourself in public.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man. Not only did dating changed , society as a whole changed for the worst .

The way i grew up and was brought up was all about respect and honor. If we would be walking together down the street and you would get into a fight, i would actually be the referee and let you guys duke it out. Nowadays we would jump that dude together and break all his bones . A honest fight is a thing of the past.

Eli, remember you are one fight away from permanent, life altering damage . And i say that as a former professional fighter.

-You either win, they'll return and take revenge. Meaning you'll have to look behind you all the time.

-You win ,they'll call the cops on you amd now your future is in the hands of a judge or even worse; a jury.

-You lose and you'll lose confidence, and perhaps teeth, eye, brain damage ect.

All three are also possible with the same newly created person/enemy. A simple "watcha looking at" can escalate into dramatic proportions.

My greatest victories were the fights i ran away from!
All this assumes you know the person, it’s all caught on cctv in a public area, the police catch and charge you, you live in the same vicinity as the enemy, it’s a brutal fight/he’s big/has weapon/friends, one or both know how to fight.

Rarely the case you will tick any of these boxes and you shouldn’t be fighting if any of the above are true.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All this assumes you know the person, it’s all caught on cctv in a public area, the police catch and charge you, you live in the same vicinity as the enemy, it’s a brutal fight/he’s big/has weapon/friends, one or both know how to fight.

Rarely the case you will tick any of these boxes and you shouldn’t be fighting if any of the above are true.
Nowedays there are cameras everywhere. Not only public cameras also ring doorbells, people have mobile phones and dashcams. And lets mot forget the power of multiple witnesses against you. I've been in fights ,got arrested and apparently a few random John Doe's gave statements against me. The judge didn't budge .

Karma has her funny ways of dealing with us humans. If yiu beat some one upnreal bad that'll be a enemy for life. Just my 2 cents, i am against violence