Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations about college sex life from someone that went to a party school.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The overcompensating, washed up athlete is often an older Millennial now (1981-1989 birth).

This is one of the places where we'll agree to disagree. I'd rather deal with the ex-college athlete than the lesbian or SJW.

Sometimes, the lesbian might be an ex-NCAA athlete.

I have known more heterosexual female ex-NCAA athletes than lesbian ones.

Either way, the female ex-NCAA athletes don't appear to be overcompensating tards.

Like any female, the female NCAA athlete or female ex-NCAA athlete can put up a huge notch count if they are somewhat attractive.
Female athletes are a different story, I have found them a joy to work with. The issue are male athletes, especially those that went to no name schools and especially those that played sports like LaCrosse or hockey or some crap. FWIW, I notice that in the north, there is that need to compensate more. Perhaps it is because the northeast, for the most part, is not seen as masculine or alpha as the deep south in major American sports so the guys need to compensate and boast more.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
College sports are a bigger thing in Southern and Western states than in the Northeast.

I have seen narcissism in male athletes from Southern/Western schools and even those who played smaller sports (anything not football-basketball-baseball...its even arguable if college baseball is considered major).

Reaction score
This is one of the places where we'll agree to disagree. I'd rather deal with the ex-college athlete than the lesbian or SJW.
Same, the lesbian/SJW or toxic female could put me out of a job and play silly power games if they don’t like you. The athlete bro, I just watch them topple on their own and avoid the ones I don’t like lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Female athletes are a different story, I have found them a joy to work with.
In undergrad, I had some class group projects with female NCAA athletes. There were no issues with the group project. There was one woman in one of my classes/group projects that I wish I had more confidence with. I wanted to ask her out immediately. I think I found out that had I asked her out immediately, she already had a boyfriend at that time. She was not putting up a huge notch count. Some heterosexual female athletes can put up big notch count numbers. Hope Solo is a good example of that.

I have met many post college as well. There were a couple of interactions with ex-NCAA athlete women that left a sour taste in my mouth.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The topic of religion was a part of another thread. At my "Hot Girl U" public university with a good party scene, I saw a number of people from good Christian homes go WILD in college. I actually saw more of this behavior in males than females, simply because I had more male social connections than female ones. One guy from a devoutly religious household who had "Chad" tier looks (6'0"+, good physique) got laid within the first month of freshman year and had a downward spiral of sex and substance abuse. That was the most extreme example that I saw of that.

At most public schools, there are religious groups/communities for the various religions. It's possible to live a religious lifestyle at a public, non-religious university. I didn't see too many of these people at my college. They are way outnumbered by the people who aren't actively practicing religion at that phase of their lives, though some might return to religious practice later in life. Returning to religious practice later in life is becoming less common. Millennial college graduates of the last ~15 years haven't been practicing religions later in life as much as previous generations.

In my freshman year dorm, I didn't know anyone who attended religious service on Sundays. I saw the other males on my wing of the dorm and almost all of them were partying hard the night before and not waking up early on weekend mornings. Waking up before 12 PM was nearly unheard of among the other male students in my wing. I wasn't even in the biggest party dorm on campus either.

I imagine the difference is bigger at the stricter religious schools.

There are also some religious schools that are not as strict. Texas Christian University (TCU) and Southern Methodist University (SMU) fall into this category. There are many TCU and SMU alumni running around Dallas. Most of these women are not big time religious practitioners as post-college alumni. I rarely interact with current students of those schools. TCU and SMU alumni women are usually DTF post-college.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 Maybe Texas is different but religion was big in my state. People in the deep south states take religion way more seriously than Texans and Floridians do. At my school, it was pretty big. After Greek Life, a lot of kids got involved in religious communities that were Christian. Come to think of it though, most of those kids were lame. They sat in on Fridays to watch netflix together rather than going out to drink.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the Texas public colleges are bigger on religion than others. Texas Tech is bigger on it than University of Texas for instance. Texas Tech is in Lubbock whereas University of Texas is in Austin. Lubbock is more religious than Austin. Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston State are in East Texas. East Texas (east of Interstate 45) is a lot like the traditional Deep South.

There are also both some Catholic and some Protestant religious colleges in Texas. Some are more religious than others.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love going to my gf's Catholic church occasionally. She jokes about even though we are both divorced and living in sin, they still ask her to lector every 3 weeks. I'm friends with one of the deacon's daughters. Tatted up single mother that was after me like a dog in heat....

Religion is just an excuse. For many it only applies the hour they are in the Sanctuary, and they keep it in their back pocket like a fly swatter.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It gets me to this day that when I joined a fraternity, it seems like the point was the preserve whatever girls you did have and not get new ones. So many of my brothers stuck with high school friends and folks they knew in high school. Now from there they could expand out to newer girls and such but it was nothing fast like approaching and a lot of them sucked at meeting new women.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It gets me to this day that when I joined a fraternity, it seems like the point was the preserve whatever girls you did have and not get new ones. So many of my brothers stuck with high school friends and folks they knew in high school. Now from there they could expand out to newer girls and such but it was nothing fast like approaching and a lot of them sucked at meeting new women.
Our Fraternity would send representatives to the Sororities and Women's Res halls for their "Man of tri-Delta" or whatever living group contests. Similar to the "Chapter Sweetheart" Frats would have. It basically was like an ambassador to get those groups to come to social events our chapter hosted and Vice versa. We ended up with guys winning the title at 3 different womens living groups. Looking back, I could have made much more of the women's dorm I was the "Man of" but when they had events we were always invited with "Bring your friends"

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's insane! The whole point of a fraternity is to get the status to get some sorority women to have sex with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently reading "The Rational Male: The Players Handbook". I previously read "The Rational Male". I highly recommend both of those books.

There's a chapter in the book on Sexual Zones, and determining what or what is not a sexual zone. Obviously, white collar workplaces are not sexual zones. Most white collar workplaces emit a very non-sexual vibe.

A university campus may or may not be a sexual zone according to Rollo Tomassi. Rollo gave a caveat but not a hard rule against doing approaches after classes and at official school functions (I think campus extracurricular clubs fall under this definition). Do you think campuses/campus life constitute sexual zones? I think @CollegeMan22 is one of the most qualified guys to answer this as he is an active poster currently on a college campus.

University campuses are hotbeds for feminism and anti-male sentiment. There's always the whole rape culture stuff that is overhyped on campuses. Both of those things were going on when I was completing my undergraduate studies from 2001-2005. It's likely that they have gotten worse since 2005.

Rollo also gave a caveat but not a hard rule against off campus parties, likely of both the Greek Life variety and non-Greek Life variety,

The chart below, which I have commonly reference, gives us meaningful insight.

For decades, as more people went to college, more people formed extended romantic relationships from random interactions on campus or at off campus college parties with the man approaching the woman. Around 2000, as the Millennials were first getting to college, formation of longer term couples in college diminished. I've tracked a lot of my contacts from my college years over time on social media. Almost no one today from that cohort is with their college era partner. This also coincides with the Millennials having poor social skills and the rise of internet technology, which worsened the social skills of Millennials. There's no indication that any of this has changed with the older part of Gen Z. The oldest members of Gen Z are 25 in 2022. Gen Z is the cohort in college right now and will comprise the majority of college graduates in the 2020s.

How Heterosexual Couples Meet.jpg

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 I cannot find it anymore but Good Looking Loser had a great article on college life years ago. What he basically said is that college is even more status-driven and has more of a hierarchy than high school ever did. If it is situated in a college town, I would agree with him. I think that cold approaching needs to be done in a very calibrated way because you can easily go from smooth guy getting numbers to campus creep. In fact, PUAs have often been outed at college campuses because they decided to do their bootcamps there or run spam approach game. Word gets around very fast and regardless of the size of the school, it starts to feel small.

In college, women care a lot about who you run with. Girls want to know that you are cool and have a lot of friends which can be tough to do in most cases. You have to pick for lonely and desperate girls in order to make it possible to pull with ease. After college, the better looking women become more available to guys that would normally cold approach.

A girl getting with a cold approaching rando in college is seen as low status. This is why so many college girls love vacations and internships in big cities, they can actually sl*t up more as opposed to being under the watchful eye of their social circles.

Can cold approach be done in college? Yes, but you have to be calibrated with it and not come off as too aggressive. Unfortunately, most PUA guys do not get this and will immediately become campus creep.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What he basically said is that college is even more status-driven and has more of a hierarchy than high school ever did. If it is situated in a college town, I would agree with him.
That makes sense.

I think that cold approaching needs to be done in a very calibrated way because you can easily go from smooth guy getting numbers to campus creep. In fact, PUAs have often been outed at college campuses because they decided to do their bootcamps there or run spam approach game. Word gets around very fast and regardless of the size of the school, it starts to feel small.
A regular student doing some campus approaches will likely be fine if he's at least normie tier.

I did more off campus party approaching than on campus random approaching, on campus extracurricular club approaching, or after class approaches of a woman in one of my classes style of approaching. There are times I look back and wished I had done more of the 3 types of approaches I mentioned in the last sentence. It doesn't matter now because any relationship I would have formed then would be long over by now.

In college, women care a lot about who you run with. Girls want to know that you are cool and have a lot of friends which can be tough to do in most cases. You have to pick for lonely and desperate girls in order to make it possible to pull with ease. After college, the better looking women become more available to guys that would normally cold approach.
If a college has a higher percentage of students participating in Greek Life, then this is true. Small school + high concentration of Greek Life = True to larger degree

A girl getting with a cold approaching rando in college is seen as low status. This is why so many college girls love vacations and internships in big cities, they can actually sl*t up more as opposed to being under the watchful eye of their social circles.
You didn't mention Spring Break in Mexican beach towns, Florida beach towns, South Padre, or Lake Havasu.

We've barely even talked Spring Break in this thread.

Can cold approach be done in college? Yes, but you have to be calibrated with it and not come off as too aggressive. Unfortunately, most PUA guys do not get this and will immediately become campus creep.
That's pretty much what Rollo Tomassi says in The Players Handbook.

Reaction score
No where at my college campus during the day was friendly to cold approaching from my remembrance. I got most of my lays during house parties. Once I turned 21, my sex life started to turn because people favored bars over parties. The bars were basically filled with the same NPCs that came in groups with their Greek sisters/brothers. Most of the single women never ventured out of their small social circle parties and you could only meet them through connections or luck lol.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 I cannot find it anymore but Good Looking Loser had a great article on college life years ago. What he basically said is that college is even more status-driven and has more of a hierarchy than high school ever did. If it is situated in a college town, I would agree with him. I think that cold approaching needs to be done in a very calibrated way because you can easily go from smooth guy getting numbers to campus creep. In fact, PUAs have often been outed at college campuses because they decided to do their bootcamps there or run spam approach game. Word gets around very fast and regardless of the size of the school, it starts to feel small.

I think this is part of what happened with the Austen Summers Colombia Bootcamp unfortunately.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 Because Spring Break is only for a week and even then, I realized most people stuck to their own cliques. I remember reading an article years back where these older dudes would go to spring break and hook up with college girls. As for the cliquishness, unless you go to a commuter campus, it is everywhere. Even in liberal arts schools, I hear the cliques exist.

You make a good point about off campus approaches though. Every town has this grocery store that girls go to shop at or coffee shop everyone is at. Way better to approach there than on campus.

@Jake_Gyllenhaal69 You got that right. Some college bars are so bad for game that if you approach the girls, expect to have a fight started by the frat boys at the bar itself. Not sure how yall did things at Bama but in Athens, a big number of bars were controlled by a specific frat because the alumni of that frat owned it. It is where each fraternity went to chill and if girls went there, it is because they already know who they would be hooking up with.

Reaction score
@SW15 Because Spring Break is only for a week and even then, I realized most people stuck to their own cliques. I remember reading an article years back where these older dudes would go to spring break and hook up with college girls. As for the cliquishness, unless you go to a commuter campus, it is everywhere. Even in liberal arts schools, I hear the cliques exist.
Our spring break was extremely cliquish af lol. The dudes mainly hooked up with hot leads from the sorority group or the straight up 304s.

@Jake_Gyllenhaal69 You got that right. Some college bars are so bad for game that if you approach the girls, expect to have a fight started by the frat boys at the bar itself. Not sure how yall did things at Bama but in Athens, a big number of bars were controlled by a specific frat because the alumni of that frat owned it. It is where each fraternity went to chill and if girls went there, it is because they already know who they would be hooking up with.
Most of the bars were pretty frat dominated. You could go to any bar, but if you weren’t in a frat then you stuck out like a sore thumb. You make a move on the wrong girl and you would have 4-5 frat guys ready to get in your face because they were all in groups. There was only one neutral bar where everyone hung out at and it was still not a good place to find single women.Needless to say, I gave up on bars for a finding a girl a longggg time ago.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the bars were pretty frat dominated. You could go to any bar, but if you weren’t in a frat then you stuck out like a sore thumb. You make a move on the wrong girl and you would have 4-5 frat guys ready to get in your face because they were all in groups. There was only one neutral bar where everyone hung out at and it was still not a good place to find single women.Needless to say, I gave up on bars for a finding a girl a longggg time ago.
Pretty much the story in about every SEC college town although I found Oxford, MS laid back on this. College bars are good when there is an event in town like a football game or something and you know the girls coming are not from the town. The only other time it is good is when townies are cool people and you get a lot of grad students and such. Most southern towns are broke so the townies are sketch and usually drugged up.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No where at my college campus during the day was friendly to cold approaching from my remembrance. I got most of my lays during house parties.
We had similar experiences in college using off campus apartment/house parties to attract-seduce women.

Once I turned 21, my sex life started to turn because people favored bars over parties.
I stopped going to apartment/house parties while in college once I turned 21.

You make a good point about off campus approaches though. Every town has this grocery store that girls go to shop at or coffee shop everyone is at. Way better to approach there than on campus.
One legitimate gaming mistake I made while in college was not doing grocery store approaches at grocery stores near campus at my "Hot Girl U" university.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was a college student, I disliked football/basketball game days.

I'm not sure that game day made it easier for the non-athlete beta male fans to get laid. I am sure that game days were an inconvenience for me if I wanted to do things on campus during the years I had off campus apartments and needed to park on/near campus. I don't think major college sports added to my experience as a student in any way.

Even after college, I learned that the type of alumni get togethers that are good for finding dates are not the football/basketball game watching events. They are the other more generalized social events.