"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Have you ever hit a woman?

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I always have to chime in on this topic about the law, as in look into your own before you record someone without their consent. In my state, that is a felony wiretap.
IN our state he was able to use as admissible evidence. It proved her instability. The cameras are in his own home where he is the primary resident.
 

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
17,568
Reaction score
6,344
Age
50
Location
midwestern cow field 40
IN our state he was able to use as admissible evidence. It proved her instability. The cameras are in his own home where he is the primary resident.
Good. In my state you would have to have signs up that say premises under video surveillance, even on your own property. My wiretap law was written by crooked politicians, to make it a felony to record them taking bribes.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Good. In my state you would have to have signs up that say premises under video surveillance, even on your own property. My wiretap law was written by crooked politicians, to make it a felony to record them taking bribes.
I'm sure the honest people who use it wouldn't have an issue displaying a notice indicating that recording is occuring.
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
Women who have been in abusive relationships tend to think some form of physical force is the norm, i.e. a slap to the face, throwing things, pushing, etc. I know because I've been in a relationship like that before. My advice is if a woman admits to being in an abusive relationship, assume at some point she's going to be abusive with you and try to drag you down with her.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Women who have been in abusive relationships tend to think some form of physical force is the norm, i.e. a slap to the face, throwing things, pushing, etc. I know because I've been in a relationship like that before. My advice is if a woman admits to being in an abusive relationship, assume at some point she's going to be abusive with you and try to drag you down with her.
Some of those will eat your masculinity alive of you dont abuse them. It's best as you said to stay away.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
You should be able to put a woman over your knee, if she needs it; most men probably shouldn't try that, though, these days. Do it will anything less than 100% serene entitlement, and you'll probably end up with a criminal record. Better to just walk away.
Yep. Shouldn't have to physically handle her. Thing about it is a "prick" of a woman can get you in trouble for handling her during consentual sex.
 

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Never.

Even the self defense argument is debatable, considering how much larger and stronger men are than women. You are very likely to be able to subdue her without hurting her.

For example, most women I've dated are about 100-130 lbs. They possess what I would guess is 1/3 of my strength, therefore trading punches is not going to end well for her even if I show an immense amount of restraint. And in all likelihood, the LEOs are going to take her side on this one.

If you have to defend yourself or feel the urge to hit a woman, it's best you just leave. And don't forget to document it... My ex-wife hit me on a few different occasions. It was my "ace in the hole" if she continued to push for full custody, even though my attorney felt I should divulge it initially...

If she's threatening my life or someone else's, all bets are off...
 
Top