Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"You have beautiful eyes", what to come back with?

lizardfloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
What should I say whenever a girl tells me that I have beautiful eyes? I've never been able to think of anything clever enough to come back with to a genuine compliment?

I've been told this a million times my whole life, but always go blank or say the cliche', "Thanks". I was at the grocery store a moment ago and got told the same thing from the checker at the counter. She said "they look like the ocean" or something to that degree. I wasn't really attracted to her so i just said "yeah, i know".

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had that question too awhile ago- I had been receiving that compliment a lot.

My standard response now is

"That's what my mom always told me." *grin*. "What's your name?"

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You have beautiful eyes"

............... "and they're undressing you as we speak". ;)

Cheers!

chinwaggler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if they are not an attention wh0re, and are giving a genuine compliment, just say thanks

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Yes, the window to my soul leads to a gentle pasture where sheep graze quietly next to a crystal clear waterfall, the kind of place you want to get lost in...(i'd go on for like 5 minutes)" (you've got to look off in the distance and get lost in the moment)

"Did you just come up with that?"

"No, but i'm tired of just saying 'thanks'. What'd you think?"

Continue conversation...

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Thank you. Tell me more about me." :D

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any comment about a physical feature is NOT a compliment. You had no choice in the matter, you were born with those eyes. The key is to NOT come up with a wise-ass answer because you don't want to slip into an approval seeking mindset, you need to move towards a chooser mindset. If you were to read into their comment, you'll find that what they're saying is that they find you attractive.

You could say "Oh I get that a lot" and follow up with "What's your name?" or even "Thanks...(pause)...what's your name?" and start a conversation.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A smartass comment to a compliment sounds pretty arrogant to me. A simple thank you is always a good path to take.

Tenzen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with a simple thank you. It won't keep the conversation going, you kill it with just a thank you. I'd respond "you're jealous"

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever a woman tells me that I have beautiful eyes I just look her straight in the eyes, and smile.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenzen said:
I disagree with a simple thank you. It won't keep the conversation going, you kill it with just a thank you. I'd respond "you're jealous"
say thank you, then move the conversation forward on another thread, duh

and your response is trash. the girl gives you an IOI in the form of a genuine complement. you should be rewarding her to encourage her to keep the IOI's coming. a simple thank you does this. your wannabe c&f line doesn't

Tenzen

Don Juan
Reaction score
not worth arguing, doesn't matter what u say back confidently.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get compliments on my eyes, I get them on my eyelashes. I still haven't come up with a witty comeback for that one.

Mr. Stock

Reaction score
Hot Chica: You have really pretty eyes!

You: They're not real...

HC: What?

You: What do you look like? (Stare off into distance)

HC: Shut up!

You: You have a pretty voice. Oh well...

P.S. This is just a joke. All noobs reading this, don't listen to me. As many have said before, a simple "thank you" is enough. DJing doesn't revolve around pickup lines or canned phrases. It revolves around become a better person, and truly knowing that you're the best.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have't read all of the replies but

GUY YOU DON'T NEED 'COMEBACKS'

Just be honest a genuine. A sincere thank you is probably the best reply.

IF YOU TRY TO BE ****Y AND FUNNY WHEN SHE IS BEING SINCERE IT WILL SCREW IT UP!

I've done that way to many times back when I massively overrated ****yfunny and thought it was the answer to everything.

Say what you are thinking at the time.

"Wow... thank you, I don't know what to say"

BEING HONEST AND SPONTANEOUS THE BEST ANSWER

Although if she is in a playful mood or is saying it as a joke ****y/funny is GREAT!