Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you buy a Lambo to attract women if you could?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it isn’t. Some watches appreciate or hold value while you benefit from its use over 20 years.
As for the Lamborghini, that’s a toy payed for out of “fvck you” money. You do know what that is, right?
I'm just speaking for myself here. If someone really likes a Lamborghini, they can get one. I wouldn't, it's not my thing. Even if I were that into cars (which I'm not), I would rather have a fleet of vintage cars like Jay Leno than a Lambo.

As for a Rolex, I still think $50,000 is too much for a watch. And I'm sure there are better investments out there than buying watches.
Again, if someone wants one, they can get one. I have plenty of stupid toys I've bought myself that wouldn't make sense to other people. I didn't buy them to attract women though, which is the OP's question.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, if I had that amount of cash to purchase a Lamborghini I would turn around and plan out my mini-retirement. Get the first flight out of Ohio and spend the entire winter snowboarding.

It'll last as a memory, and women tend to love enthralling stories.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just speaking for myself here. If someone really likes a Lamborghini, they can get one. I wouldn't, it's not my thing. Even if I were that into cars (which I'm not), I would rather have a fleet of vintage cars like Jay Leno than a Lambo.

As for a Rolex, I still think $50,000 is too much for a watch. And I'm sure there are better investments out there than buying watches.
Again, if someone wants one, they can get one. I have plenty of stupid toys I've bought myself that wouldn't make sense to other people. I didn't buy them to attract women though, which is the OP's question.
Not everybody’s got 50k to throw down. I get it.

Pro tip for you watch fans: you can get a vintage Presidential that looks new for under 6-7k, and sell it in 20 years for more than double while enjoying its use.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Waste of time. Don't be a showboat with a car. Most women couldn't care less. Well, unless you want a gold digger. Plenty of them around these days.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not necessary. But I'd buy one because I like driving, cars, and no one respects prius drivers here.

I like this one, it's electric:

Last edited:

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't. I already learned not to shell out money on people's approval. If I became a closet millionaire, I'd likely just own some average, plain-ass, cars and live a relatively normal life. I learned from a young age that there's more to life than money, cars, etc. And this site among others taught me that doing anything for women that's out of the way just spells loser.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not everybody’s got 50k to throw down. I get it.
Not the point. I don't think any watch is worth spending $50,000 on. It tells time, and maybe shows a little style. I don't buy a solid gold toaster.
I have a very "A penny saved is a penny earned" philosophy. I respect the millionaire next door type, not the guy who flashes his money.
Besides, the OP's question assumes you can afford it.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not the point. I don't think any watch is worth spending $50,000 on. It tells time, and maybe shows a little style. I don't buy a solid gold toaster.
I have a very "A penny saved is a penny earned" philosophy. I respect the millionaire next door type, not the guy who flashes his money.
Besides, the OP's question assumes you can afford it.
Nah, you missed the point. Certain watches appreciate at a greater rate than your local bank’s CD.

Nothing to do with flash. It’s a matter or preference, taste, and selection. Moot discussion with you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing to do with flash. It’s a matter or preference, taste, and selection. Moot discussion with you.
What are you trying to say, I have no taste?

I specifically said, this was my preference, and others could buy what they want, several times I believe. I would not spend that much on a watch. Feel free to buy as many as you like.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, you missed the point. Certain watches appreciate at a greater rate than your local bank’s CD.

@zekko's preference is not to buy one; it's not part of his taste. You are operating in an identity trap in assuming what you value is the same as what other people value. If you pay $50,000 for a watch, that's what it's worth to you, but not to everyone.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He'd probably have better luck dressing nicely in black pants, fitted black shirt with a black sports jacket and a gold Rolex on. My boss's boss has a gold Rolex and everyone eyes just follow it as he moves his arms, men and women. I don't get. It's a watch. Who cares. I get it, it's a status symbol, but I'd never buy a Rolex. Too tacky for me.

Looks like this
Yeah but that bit of magic from the rolex might put your game over the top.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@zekko's preference is not to buy one; it's not part of his taste. You are operating in an identity trap in assuming what you value is the same as what other people value. If you pay $50,000 for a watch, that's what it's worth to you, but not to everyone.
Negative.

You quote out of context. His claim was to buy a 50k watch is ridiculous. That’s the identity trap.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative.

You quote out of context. His claim was to buy a 50k watch is ridiculous. That’s the identity trap.
Can you show me where he said that? I don't see it. I see "not practical" and "too much." The presumption is he's stating his opinion since he added that he was just speaking for himself.

And is the point that it's a sound investment, or that it's a matter of taste, preference, and selection? Or both?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good to get your sh!t together for you, it's not good to get your sh!t together to attract women.

Also, if a guy has that naturally sex appeal he can be broke, sleeping on a mattress and women will still fvck him, probably won't date him long term lol but they will fvck him.

If a girl wants you because of your car then she's not attracted to you, she's attracted to what you have. You're just going to get used for your stuff. She's not into you.

Naturally attractive guys don't need materialistic things to get women.

Only unattractive guys with no sex appeal have to have there sh!t together to attract women.
Often times the confidence of having this item or the attention recieved does get into the owner raising his confidence and swag in the world. But like the rest of you i believe its best that your core you being stripped naked and bare is sexually attractive to them. Nothing worse with them coming just to get your stuff or to get your attention.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you show me where he said that? I don't see it. I see "not practical" and "too much." The presumption is he's stating his opinion since he added that he was just speaking for himself.

And is the point that it's a sound investment, or that it's a matter of taste, preference, and selection? Or both?
Both.

If you want to discuss overall investment strategies, let’s, after all, that’s what I do.

Can you tell how his claim that a 50k watch is way too much when dealing from a perspective of investing, taste, preference and selection is true?

Because I can show you how’s its untrue if you like.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t understand why this site frowns on “beta bucks.”

As long as she doesn’t touch your assets, I’d say buck all you want. If I was to get married I would buy her pretty much anything she wanted While We Were Married. But I would make sure she couldn’t touch any assets while we were married or if we got divorced.

It’s not bucking that matters, it’s the assets that you don’t want her to touch. Spend your entire paycheque on her? Fine. Buy her watches and clothes? Fine. Buy her dinners? Fine. Leave it open for her to come after property and stocks? Nope.

Heck, I’ve picked one wrong stock that was recommended by PhDs and Microsoft execs and Prince William and Meghan Markle. I lost my shirt. And I’m not going to spend a few dinners and trips for a hot girl to kiss me a little bit? don’t think so.

This site can be often penny wise, pound foolish.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both.

If you want to discuss overall investment strategies, let’s, after all, that’s what I do.

Can you tell how his claim that a 50k watch is way too much when dealing from a perspective of investing, taste, preference and selection is true?

Because I can show you how’s its untrue if you like.
I'm sure you can tell me why it's a good investment. I didn't know that - but I suppose as jewelry that makes sense.

Taste and preference are subjective. I'm not sure what "selection" means in this case other than choosing the right watch, but that's either 1) subjective or 2) objective based on data if we are talking about it as an investment, i.e., which one will likely appreciate.

I can tell you that a 50k watch is worth that to someone who wants to pay that much for it. It's too much for someone who doesn't. That is regardless of one's objective and would hold true for a stock or real estate investment. A price is a price when two parties agree. If you want to get technical, the watch is worth more than the money to the buyer, and vice versa for the seller.

I concede that you know a lot more about luxury watches than I do. I also can't speak for zekko, but his "claim" sounded like a matter of opinion - which is a pointless thing to debate. It is therefore "true." Well, I suppose only he knows for sure.

I see your point that it can be a sound investment and therefore worth it. Would you wear it, or put it in a safe deposit box? And if you want to tell me why what you say is true, as maybe I'm way off course here, please do. "I know that i know nothing."

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the thing Sam. His claim is false because it lacks a qualifier.

He should said, "50k for a watch is way too much IF it comprises more than X% of your net worth."

Even for investing purposes, this revised statement might be true depending on X.