Attraction runs on a clock.
She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.
The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."
One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.
Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
What the hell?Originally posted by Spike_the_cowboy
most men prefer tall guys on the level of physical attraction. I am living proof of that.
![]()
True with many women, real women though will instead love it when a guy can take the reigns and be the leader. My girl and many of my female friends (LuvMyArmyMan being one of them) are like that. But then again, I tend not to associate with feminists.Originally posted by trevor2003
This is a GREAT thread!!!
My take is that women have a strong desire to be in control of the relationship, and get scared/intimidated when they meet a man who has more power than they do!
They may be attracted to the Top Dogs but will settle down with the average chump because they want a husband they can pu$$y-whip. They want to be able to drive around in their husbands SUV's and gossip with their female friends while their husbands are at work! All the while laughing about how great it is to have a husband/or steady boyfriend who will do anything to please her!
This is a great thread! Keep it going!
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Imposter!Originally posted by Spike_Tha_Cowboy
Women usually say they prefer my smaller manhood because it hurts less when we do it.
Never mind the rest I speak the truth.Originally posted by Spike_Tha_Cowboy
Women usually say they prefer my smaller manhood because it hurts less when we do it.
What I saidOriginally posted by Spike_Tha_Cowboy
Women usually say they prefer my smaller manhood because it hurts less when we do it.
When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.
Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.
Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.
The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.
Where does this thread mention marriage in the previous posts?Originally posted by Unregistered
Who wants to marry women, anyways? I would rather make monkey love.
Originally posted by Good_ol_boy
Geez, Years ago a study showed that during time of ovalation, women wanted the rugged "macho" male (good genes) and the rest of the time they wanted the softer "provider".
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.