Women going back on their word

Reaction score
I have been dating a girl for 3 weeks and she has gone back on her word THREE TIMES already! That's once a week not a good honesty ratio.

I am a man of my word and I never do this stuff.

I mean these are very petty things, but it is still annoying and it's a big RED FLAG in my opinion. Am I just being picky or is there a legitimate beef here?

Her
"I will check my email tonight!"

2 days later
"I havent checked it yet"

Her
"I will bring food over to your place to cook!"

She shows up with nothing.

Her
"we can meet for breakfast tomorrow morning"... I never heard from her to confirm, and I didn't care so it's not like I showed up anywhere.

The next day she messages me
"i forgot about breakfast i'll make it up to you"

What does she tell me next, and how am I supposed to believe it?

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
i would probably next

Not yet, too soon. I still like her and enjoy hanging out with her. Nobody is perfect right?

selfmademob

Banned
Reaction score
I ****in hate when women flake out. I am getting tired of it, I cussed out a few chicks recently cuz I need to let it out. It felt good.

Reaction score
selfmademob said:
I ****in hate when women flake out. I am getting tired of it, I cussed out a few chicks recently cuz I need to let it out. It felt good.

I feel your pain buddy, but would you call this flaking?

I'm just to the point where I want a girl to tell me something she is going to do, and it comes to fruition. That's what is bothering me. Maybe she doesn't even realize what she is doing. Perhaps she is just an airhead, even though she isn't blonde.

But would you categorize this girl as flaking or is her behavior normal and most women act this way?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you need to remind her of what she promised when she doesn't come through. If it pisses her off that you're holding her accountable, Next.

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
I think you need to remind her of what she promised when she doesn't come through. If it pisses her off that you're holding her accountable, Next.

Actually when she texted me about "forgetting breakfast" I sent her back "I'll forgive you this time but don't let it happen again" I sent it with a wink ofcourse, because I didn't want to be TOO serious. She didn't reply to that text directly, but I did hear from her later in the day talking about something else.

Hopefully she understands that I won't tolerate the bullsh!t forever, like the other AFC's she has dated. I'm no doormat and I am establishing this EARLY that I WILL drop her a$$. That is key I believe. She may hate you for it now, but later she will respect you much more.

Just imagine, an AFC would have said "don't worry baby, we can have breakfast anytime, you are so sweet and beautiful! take care!!!" UGHHHH I shiver at the thought.

But you have good advice no doubt, let her know it's unacceptable.

britiny_9

Banned
Reaction score
i would probably next and I am sure you will get what you want.
:flowers:

Reaction score
I forgot to mention I think she is BROKE! That would explain her bailing out of anything money related. I wish she would just tell me though, instead of making up lame excuses.

I mean as Francisco said, "DAMN, she could have at least showed up with a frozen pizza and some wine coolers"

LOL

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flaky crap is a test to see if you care and or if you are going to put her in her place. That's from my experience.

At some point the thing that is flaky will be something you can't ignore, you'll have to do something about it. It seems to start small and innocently but eventually she'll pull out the big stuff, forcing you to put her in her place. She may be wanting to test you for strength.

Of course some guys here say that if a girl ever flakes she has zero interest in you, some guys say it's a test, I myself think it's a test.

The thing is what are YOU going to do about it. You can't get angry next time she pulls something, but you can't let it slide either. You have to find the right balance between "you know, what you did is not going to trip me up" and "do that again and I'm gone".

Reaction score
reset said:
Flaky crap is a test to see if you care and or if you are going to put her in her place. That's from my experience.

At some point the thing that is flaky will be something you can't ignore, you'll have to do something about it. It seems to start small and innocently but eventually she'll pull out the big stuff, forcing you to put her in her place. She may be wanting to test you for strength.

Of course some guys here say that if a girl ever flakes she has zero interest in you, some guys say it's a test, I myself think it's a test.

The thing is what are YOU going to do about it. You can't get angry next time she pulls something, but you can't let it slide either. You have to find the right balance between "you know, what you did is not going to trip me up" and "do that again and I'm gone".

Hey my old friend reset. Thanks for chiming in. I will digest your post and get back to you. Let's see how the weekend turns out. With my luck it will be drama filled.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
You can't get angry next time she pulls something, but you can't let it slide either. You have to find the right balance between "you know, what you did is not going to trip me up" and "do that again and I'm gone".
Yup I would tell her what she is doing and how you don't like it! Can you control your ho's? Or you could ask youself, why is she doing this? Could there be more of a reason of why she is blowing you off?

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
selfmademob said:
Flakes suck, but s**** does happen, and sometimes the excuses are legitimate. As long as they are offering their spread legs before me in a darkened bedroom on occasion, I dont mind the flaking.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Women flake cause they can and loose nothing.. they have so many options or plates most times that they care very little for you at all... unless you are very rich AND or a super model which 95% OF MEN ARE NOT.

Beethoven

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
Women flake cause they can and loose nothing.. they have so many options or plates most times that they care very little for you at all... unless you are very rich AND or a super model which 95% OF MEN ARE NOT.
This advice hits the spot.

On top of that, men tend to think logically, and see their word as something they keep. For women, it's not the same - their 'word' is simply something they say to keep you happy at the time. They don't feel they've done something wrong if they don't keep it, and will think you're 'nasty' if you complain.

I'm not fully certain how to get round this problem, but here's two tips I've had good success with:
  • A girl won't bail on you if she doesn't WANT to. If she's very keen to meet you, she'll 'keep her word' and meet you.
  • When a girl next wants to see you after bailing, say you can't meet her - you're going to meet another girl, as this other girl 'always meets you when she says she will'. She'll feel a competitive instinct, and will try to keep her arrangements with you to not lose out.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Beethoven said:
This advice hits the spot.

On top of that, men tend to think logically, and see their word as something they keep. For women, it's not the same - their 'word' is simply something they say to keep you happy at the time. They don't feel they've done something wrong if they don't keep it, and will think you're 'nasty' if you complain.

I'm not fully certain how to get round this problem, but here's two tips I've had good success with:
  • A girl won't bail on you if she doesn't WANT to. If she's very keen to meet you, she'll 'keep her word' and meet you.
  • When a girl next wants to see you after bailing, say you can't meet her - you're going to meet another girl, as this other girl 'always meets you when she says she will'. She'll feel a competitive instinct, and will try to keep her arrangements with you to not lose out.
True but the only problem is how do we know when something really came up or they are just BSing...

Beethoven

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
True but the only problem is how do we know when something really came up or they are just BSing...
There's no difference.

Either something else is more desirable to her than meeting you - or it isn't. A woman won't let something she's more concerned with go by merely because she gave her 'word'.

If she's BSing, it's because you didn't rate highly enough in her eyes. Rate more highly next time.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
Not yet, too soon. I still like her and enjoy hanging out with her. Nobody is perfect right?
Nope, but there is that thing called respect. Hey, why haven't you mentioned her age? :whistle:

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Nope, but there is that thing called respect. Hey, why haven't you mentioned her age? :whistle:

yeah she just turned 21 did i forget to mention that?