Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why "Be yourself" is the best advice in the world...and why no one gets it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rsxtreme said:
be yourself, it always works unless your an A1 arsehole to begin with
or self conscious,
or an AFC,
or a jealous Neanderthal,
or a defeatist,
or self critical...

The list can go on and on...

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True that, Francisco...

That being said, nobody's perfect. Even guys with the aforementioned issues (and some with far more) can land HB's. Heck, some are convinced that the issues you listed are advantagious.
be yourself, it always works unless your an A1 arsehole to begin with
It works in the sense that you're being honest with women you meet, therefore they'll have a better appraisal of you; it's not a PUA method.

Slyder

Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels:

Great post! Infact this is one of the best posts I have read on here...

It's all about allowing; allowing to be yourself, and allowing the things you desire to come to you, without resisting them in any way.

Have you read The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent by abraham-hicks?
Or The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle?

d2j

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i like this post. Being yourself

making your own deicions.
sorting out negitive thinking patterns.
feeling comfortable in your own skin.
not needing anybody elses approval.

Cool post :)

But lets get something straight..being yourself isnt an excuse for lazyness or being a wuss. As men we need to be the best we can and that means changing anything that makes us unattractive

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see we still have a few society zombies here who want someone to hold their hand while they approach and give them signals on how to approach. This post isn't about doing the same thing you do now, its about removing all the bull**** society has put in your head over the years, the same things that have ****ed your life up. Things ranging from approaching women, do being a *****, to kissing ass, you name it. When you believe in yourself and go with your REAL INSTINCT, not the bull**** society "instinct" you gain a HUGE amount of confidence, and you actually learn from situations.

I don't know about you guys, but as of tomorrow I am going on a journey, one where I will fall flat on my ass, AND feel like im flying, I have had enough of everyone telling me to act this way to get this, remember, the fun is in the journey, not the destination. Every single "technique" created by a guru was created from EXPERIENCE, ANYTHING will work once you have removed all of the bull**** society imposed blockers. So, start believing in yourself and go after what you want. To all the robots here who want techniques, all I will say is that one day you will realize it is about more than a set of do this and this and achieve this, I just hope you are willing to think of the possibilities.

A book that explains all this REALLY well is tyler durdens - blueprint, he has a good way of explaining everything, it will be out soon. It is time to start living guys, I know a lot of older guys here want techniques NOW because they don't want to tick their life away reaching their end goal of getting women, but once you embrace the journey getting there, then it is worth it.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jiza101 said:
Good to see we still have a few society zombies here who want someone to hold their hand while they approach and give them signals on how to approach. This post isn't about doing the same thing you do now, its about removing all the bull**** society has put in your head over the years, the same things that have ****ed your life up. Things ranging from approaching women, do being a *****, to kissing ass, you name it. When you believe in yourself and go with your REAL INSTINCT, not the bull**** society "instinct" you gain a HUGE amount of confidence, and you actually learn from situations.

I don't know about you guys, but as of tomorrow I am going on a journey, one where I will fall flat on my ass, AND feel like im flying, I have had enough of everyone telling me to act this way to get this, remember, the fun is in the journey, not the destination. Every single "technique" created by a guru was created from EXPERIENCE, ANYTHING will work once you have removed all of the bull**** society imposed blockers. So, start believing in yourself and go after what you want. To all the robots here who want techniques, all I will say is that one day you will realize it is about more than a set of do this and this and achieve this, I just hope you are willing to think of the possibilities.

A book that explains all this REALLY well is tyler durdens - blueprint, he has a good way of explaining everything, it will be out soon. It is time to start living guys, I know a lot of older guys here want techniques NOW because they don't want to tick their life away reaching their end goal of getting women, but once you embrace the journey getting there, then it is worth it.
:up:

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good thread...

...and it deserves a bump.
Just being yourself is fine if it prompts action, not stagflation.
There is a phrase which is much, much worse that my mother used to say:
"It'll just happen eventually."

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ol'BlueEyes said:
There is a phrase which is much, much worse that my mother used to say:
"It'll just happen eventually."
I've gotten the "just wait and it will happen one day" answer a bunch from family members(from my older brother to my dad) and it is indeed very frustrating. Its definitely a non-answer.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
manbearpig said:
I've gotten the "just wait and it will happen one day" answer a bunch from family members(from my older brother to my dad) and it is indeed very frustrating. Its definitely a non-answer.
I know what you're saying. I'd ask them if that were true and everyone believed it, what would they think would happen if everyone sat with their thumbs up their @ss. :rolleyes:

danro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, the just be yourself advice is the greatest thing in the world when it comes to getting girls. I do whatever I want all the time. I burp in front of the girls and I'm off the walls crazy, but all the girls I hang out with wish they were dating me. How do I know this? Because they've told me! So everyone just be yourself.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danro said:
... I do whatever I want all the time. I burp in front of the girls and I'm off the walls crazy, but all the girls I hang out with wish they were dating me. ...
Who would have known that lack of control of bodily functions would be such a turn on to women.... ;)

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danro said:
Man, the just be yourself advice is the greatest thing in the world when it comes to getting girls. I do whatever I want all the time. I burp in front of the girls and I'm off the walls crazy, but all the girls I hang out with wish they were dating me. How do I know this? Because they've told me! So everyone just be yourself.
lol you just keep telling yourself that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danro said:
... How do I know this? Because they've told me! So everyone just be yourself.
Yeah everybody! Be just like drano and do what he does, just be yourself!!!! :crackup:

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God yet another guy that doesn't understand the meaning of being yourself ......... yes young grasshopper burping and acting like a buffoon is being yourself (I wonder what sort of chicks fall for that crap must be really desperate ones) ........ yes go back to your seduction books now.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squirrels, this is an excellent post. Thanks a million.

Put briefly, the biggest barrier to being our ideal selves is the pressure we feel to be ideal? Remove the pressure and we become exactly what we wanted to become?

And, we need faith. Being yourself isn't so simple after all!

Oh well, food for thought, I'll get back to you. Very thought provoking.

Izza

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said at page 1. Hitler's mother told him to just be himself. The same thing with Jeffrey Dahmer, Pol Pot's mother (of course she said it in Cambodian).

You were right about me not needing to get laid. I've tried to explain that to my gonads a million times, but they keep pumping out the testosterone. What can you do?

Like all these theories they sound nice up to the point where they specify the day when the flying saucer is going to take the believers to Alpha Centauri, (or Jonestown whatever).

The image of you as the Zen master balling your eyes out over your Oneitis didn't help with the sales pitch either.