"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

What's the perfect amount of alcohol that will boost your confidence without making you obviously drunk?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
I need to know, it'll make my daygame approaches much easier.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2012
Messages
403
Reaction score
221
Age
38
Location
USA
I feel fine after 2 shots but I haven't measured my confidence levels based on how much I have drunk.
 

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
A good caffeine buzz does the trick for me on a day that I otherwise feel m'eh. But if you are going to do alcohol to get yourself to the state of mind you are looking for it's probably going to take some trial and error. Maybe lots of it. Different drinks in different quantities in different bodies produce different results. The short answer I guess would be "No more than necessary"
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
A good caffeine buzz does the trick for me on a day that I otherwise feel m'eh. But if you are going to do alcohol to get yourself to the state of mind you are looking for it's probably going to take some trial and error. Maybe lots of it. Different drinks in different quantities in different bodies produce different results. The short answer I guess would be "No more than necessary"
I'm not a super hardcore drinker or anything, beer and wine doesn't do much but anything stronger will get me drunk pretty fast. so i'll err on the side of caution and just have a rum and coke beforehand if I need one
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
If you need alcohol to boost confidence I think you probably need to do some work on you.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
If you need alcohol to boost confidence I think you probably need to do some work on you.
I wouldn't say need, it'd just make it easier some of the time. I do pretty much all my approaches sober, but today I came across a really hot girl that I couldn't approach and thought, "I bet this would be easier if I had 3 shots first"

There's other things too that would be easier with a bit of a boost, a weakness of my game has often been not being bold/ballsy or quick enough.

this thread is mostly a thought experiment, a consideration and maybe something to test rather than a plan of action
 

characternote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
1,466
For me, the sweet spot is about 3 pints of lager. I feel a buzz and feel confident, but i'm not really 'drunk'.

''If you need alcohol to boost confidence I think you probably need to do some work on you. ''

not really. You could be a naturally confident person, but you'd STILL likely get a 'boost' in confidence after a few drinks. Can't fight chemistry! Besides, lots of people already 'work' on themselves and meditate and workout and have a job and have hobbies and all the rest of the 'inner game' typical advice handled, and still struggle bad with confidence/approaching hot girls. It's all quite situational

For day game though, there's maybe better drugs that have a more anxiety killing/confidence boosting effect. Look into phenibut for one
 

Papa_smu

Banned
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
182
Reaction score
112
Location
Columbus, Ohio
zero drinks

That's how many you need to be confident. That and constant exposure to approaching complete strangers who are the opposite sex.
 

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2016
Messages
904
Reaction score
737
Location
USA
I am naturally confident but 2 shots of Fireball whiskey adds just enough "zing" to get me going.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
2/3 pints of beer/lager

or 3 shots

or 2 double vodka soda water and fresh lime

or 2 double gin and tonics

that gives me slight buzz/feel good but definitely not drunk

You will have to test it out yourself, your tolerance is likely weaker than mine plus genetically everyone will differ
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Boosting confidence via alcohol is a normal procedural mindset of an alcoholic in the making…
 

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2016
Messages
904
Reaction score
737
Location
USA
Boosting confidence via alcohol is a normal procedural mindset of an alcoholic in the making…
I disagree all the alcoholics I have known were miserable people who hated life in general..I have known confident people with poor impulse control...it's all about self control.
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
I disagree all the alcoholics I have known were miserable people who hated life in general..I have known confident people with poor impulse control...it's all about self control.
They drink to feel better about themselves and feel more confident. Poor inpulse and self control do not come from internal strength and self confidence.
 
Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Zero. You act stupider on alcohol. But if you have to 1-2 drinks. Its a bull**** puszy crutch cause your confidence is lacking.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
I will say that it is tough to vibe with drunk or buzzed people if you are sober.
Drunk people maybe but buzzed no.

I love how everyone is a doctor here too. Do you know how many people use alcohol for confidence boosts? Plenty of you posting here that’s for sure.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,758
Reaction score
9,963
What's the perfect amount of alcohol that will boost your confidence without making you obviously drunk?
This is one of those fundamental questions like "what is the meaning of life?".
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
What's the perfect amount of alcohol that will boost your confidence without making you obviously drunk?
This is one of those fundamental questions like "what is the meaning of life?".
Lmfao best post in the thread so far
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top