What would YOU do, if you could TIME TRAVEL?

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wanna go back in time and live in the 80s again...and see how different things were...that would rock! Back to the future was a great movie!

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Voting for the candidate that best represents you is never a waste.
What an idiot. Democracy is bullsh1t when most of the population is a composed of idiots.

Evidence: bush got elected....TWICE

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Voting for the candidate that best represents you is never a waste.
Idealistic but untrue. There should be a 3+ party system, but the way it is now, third parties are meaningless in the presidential elections.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what's with 'id by apple or microsoft'.

all youd have to do is what they did in back to the future. get a book that tells you who won every baseball and football game and you'd be a billionaire in no time.

then use the money to START microsoft, apple, playboy, etc. - heck, if you knew the future with 100% accuracy, you could easily end up running the world within 20 years.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
all youd have to do is what they did in back to the future. get a book that tells you who won every baseball and football game and you'd be a billionaire in no time.
DUDE! i suggested that already...scroll up.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
You know, I'd definetely go get a million dollar loan, and dump it into Apple when it first came out.
yeah but you know what that means...you would have to live in that time then...because if you go back to the present whose name is that investment going to be under? yourself? were you even born yet? and if you were to approach your parents they would probably think you were a crazy man and have the police come and put you in an asylum! Then you'd be really fvcked..put in an asylum...and an asylum in the past at that! Nobody would believe you are from the future!

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I know this thread is just a fun idea to think about. I'd simplly find myself in the past and I'd have a long list of suggestions for past self, not the least of which the winning super lotto numbers lol.

I know this isn't scientific, but if you were actually traveling through time forward or backwards why wouldn't you age or become younger relative to the time you moved to. Ie, If you traveled back in time to when you were 18, why wouldn't you actually become 18? And why wouldn't the time machine also age forward or backwards, meaning your time machine could only take you back to the point in time that of its first running.

Although for becoming older by your travel into the future, I have heard that if you travel at the speed of light, time slows down for you so that you, for example, if you traveled at that speed for 5 mins you would be 5 mins older but the earth would be 1000's of years older.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what if a child molester was able to go back in time and he went back in time and molested himself.

then the child him would grow up with the sole purpose of killing his older self who molested him.

BUT, when the child him became an adult he would become the adult him which would mean that he would do what his adult self did and travel back in time and molest the child version of himself.

hmmmm.

i think im going to pitch this to fox.

does anyone have an email address for the producers of tv shows at fox?

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
what if a child molester was able to go back in time and he went back in time and molested himself.

then the child him would grow up with the sole purpose of killing his older self who molested him.

BUT, when the child him became an adult he would become the adult him which would mean that he would do what his adult self did and travel back in time and molest the child version of himself.

hmmmm.

but if you did go back have molest yourself youd instantly have an attitude change because you are changing your future/present self at that time...just like if you killed your child self you'd instantly disappear because your future self would no longer exist...

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:

hmmmm.

it could follow "to catch a prediter"

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Id......Save the Cheerleader, Save the world.

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go forwards to a few days get the winning lottery numbers for a bunch of states, then go back and win the lottery.

I'd probably do this a few times :D, after that who knows.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go back in time and show the inventors what their inventions had become. Can you imagine showing Alexander Graham Bell a cell phone? Wouldn't he just FREAK????

Who invented TV's? I'd show him a flat screen plasma tv! Digital cameras! Blackberries! Minivans with a/c and DVD players! The list is endless!

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go back the the day before I met my ex-wife and drive a ten-penny nail through my foot, thus preventing me from meeting her!!

I would be worth the pain!! :)

Dietzcoi

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See Elvis in concert.

And maybe tell him to cut down on the burgers.

Cowhead418

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
but if you did go back have molest yourself youd instantly have an attitude change because you are changing your future/present self at that time...just like if you killed your child self you'd instantly disappear because your future self would no longer exist...
This is what is called a "Grandfather's Paradox". If you went back in time and killed your child self, then your child self wouldn't be able to grow up, get in the time machine, and kill his younger self. Similarly, if you went back and killed a young version of your grandfather, then he wouldn't have been able to have your father/mother, who wouldn't have been able to have you, and you wouldn't be able to go back and kill him. Pretty ****ed up, but interesting to think about nonetheless.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go back in time and provide all the secrets of modern technology to my favored groups. That way, they'd dominate or destroy themselves, and the modern world would be much more advanced. Would any of us exist then? Probably not, but who's to say that our consciousnesses have to be within our particular bodies?

That said, is there only one timeline? Or are there many? Because, technically, if there were many timelines, then I'd still exist... just not in this particular timeline. And that means nothing would change in the timeline in which we reside. People in the future could be screwing with our past right now and we wouldn't even know it because those different decisions branched into different futures.

Hey, that's good. Every time you think about sleeping with a woman, and you don't, you actually do, but you just don't know about it because you're not in that timeline.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Cowhead418 said:
This is what is called a "Grandfather's Paradox". If you went back in time and killed your child self, then your child self wouldn't be able to grow up, get in the time machine, and kill his younger self. Similarly, if you went back and killed a young version of your grandfather, then he wouldn't have been able to have your father/mother, who wouldn't have been able to have you, and you wouldn't be able to go back and kill him. Pretty ****ed up, but interesting to think about nonetheless.

Right but what never made sense to me is under that view of time travel, ie, when you go back you would find your past self. So in the past you have the "future" you and the past you existing side by side. So what if the future you bought the winning lottery ticket before the drawing and went back to the future to cash it in, would the lottery ticket disappear when you leave the past/arrive in the future since the past you never actually bought that number?

I know this all just theoretical/philosophical, it's kind of fun to ponder. But what would happen if you did something to your past self, that caused you to either not make the time machine? Would the instant you interact with your past self and do whatever leads to the change make the time machine disappear, leaving you stuck in the past with 2 selfs? lol. What if you killed your pastpast self What I'm getting at is even if time travel was possible I don't think there would be any grandfather paradoxes if there can be 2 selfs existing at the same time.