Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What kind of exercise should i do in replacement of situps?

Reaction score
I read recently that situps are bad for the spine. What would be a better exercise to do for my abs?

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do all the compounds and core/abs will develop. Squats, deadlifts, pullups/chins, rows, chest passes, dips, shoulder press etc.

Few isolations on top, including leg raises. No need to do shed loads though, more about bf% rather than doing shed loads of ab exercises if you want to see them.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Planks, Russian Twists, Heel Taps, Windshield Wipers, Side Planks, Mountain Climbers, Alternating Superman's, standing high knees with an ab crunch down as you bring your knee up etc...

Endless amount of ab exercises you can do

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ab wheel (of satanic death).

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not done sit ups since college. I do the ab wheel with a weighted vest.... and then rely on heavy compounds... zercher holds and using slam balls. If I wasn’t still playing baseball and competing in golf tournaments I really wouldn’t do anything other than heavy compounds for abs. Once I got my body fat low enough to see them I realized they look pretty good regardless of how much isolation work I do....

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

garciaevans

Banned
Reaction score
There are lots of exercises that you can use in place of situps like Planks, Side Planks, Mountain Climbers. You can also use mini fitness ball, these fitness balls are very helpful in exercuse.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do all the compounds and core/abs will develop. Squats, deadlifts, pullups/chins, rows, chest passes, dips, shoulder press etc
I agree with all of this except the dips. I see OP is 40. Don't do dips when you're old(er). It can lead to shoulder inflammation.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with all of this except the dips. I see OP is 40. Don't do dips when you're old(er). It can lead to shoulder inflammation.
yeah, dips are a funny one. can really stress some peoples shoulders. maybe down to form, build or bit of both.

I'm 41 and have been doing weighted dips for 20 years without issues.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for abs; hard sprints and crunches (not sit-ups, crunches are a little different).

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read recently that situps are bad for the spine. What would be a better exercise to do for my abs?
A lot of pussies these days. Unless they got results don't listen. Nodd and wave but ignore. Do hanging knee raises. I do rings. I also do IF. MY ABS pop now and it's from clean diet and living. Rings I engage my core so it's been profound from a aesthetic perspective.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most body builders poise that you really don't need to concentrate on your abs at all, most of them don't.

With this being said, unquestionably for functionality there is no more important muscle than the stomach, it's aiding every movement you perform.

So you kinda want to decide what your goals are, if you wanna look good, but you don't plan on having a flat stomach or whatever, maybe you just skip abs entirely, maybe not, on you.