Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What every skinny guy should know...

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
wouldn't weigh 180 lbs or more make someone shorter than 5'10 seem like a wall of bricks? i mean, if you are 10% or less bodyfat, you would look impressive at the beach, but when you have your clothes on, you would look pretty bad...

haha keep telling yourself that to make you feel better about being skinny

Supereuroman

Reaction score
I am back. I pm'd my response to bobbob, but I believe many could benefit from this as well. Back to your question, I'm around 190lbs give or take 1-2 lbs right now, this is 50lbs of muscle later with 4+ years of consistent training and meal planning.

I had a goal of reaching ~205lbs before, but realistically speaking, it is not easy to attain or maintain for an ectomorph base bodytype (narrow shoulders, smaller bones, long, thin- google for definition). I would look forward to packing on more mass, and would always welcome more muscle, but I'm happy to say I'm satisfied with the body I have after all this hard work and consistent training/dieting/resting.

Part of success in life, which leads to women wanting to be a part it, is to be realize what you've accomplished and how far you have come. I used to feel like I could always use more muscle and was not satisfied, but realizing this difference allowed the doors to fully open.

Regarding specifics, it's quite simple: (Recommended for ectomorph types)

Training:
Compound exercises (85% of my training consists of dumbbell exercises- it helps develop a more well balanced/rounded physique)

Frequency:
At most every other day, ectomorphs fatigue easily thus rest is the most important component for growth and recovery (really applies to everything else as well)

Diet:
There's the usual emphasis on protein and carbs, fat and all that, but it's really a simple equation:
Calories burned VS Calories consumed.

For instance, I burn around 3,700 kcals on a day I train, and around 3,200 kcals I don't, so I make sure I consume around ~4,200 and 3,800 calories, accordingly. 60% of my diet consists of carbs mainly in the form of rice and some wheat bread.

To summarize, the crucial keys of building strength and quality mass for an ectomorph would be 1) Training intensity 2) rest 3) proper calorie surplus (of mainly quality carbs and protein) and 4) consistency

I take whey protein supplements asap after my training, but that's it (no need for creatine or other stuff)
This is the foundation of my solid regimen which I follow closely and all this strength and muscle I've built from scratch stays and increases overtime with me forever.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

S

Originally posted by bobbob
I wrote this as a PM to supereuroman but then decided that maybe other people could offer opinions as well.

You seem to be a similar height to me. I'm 6'3", close to 6'4".

I used to weigh 155 pounds coming out of college. I worked out and ate like crazy for 3 months and got up to 180 pounds. Then I stopped eating so much and went down to around 173 - 175.

Now its 5 years later and I'm pretty much constant at 177 - 178.

anyways, my question is that do you feel happy at your body weight? I feel WAY too skinny right now. Also, I have narrow shoulders, so that makes me look even skinnier. When you said you have hot girls approaching you ... that has NEVER happened to me.

I figured that for my height, I'm just too skinny and need to get up around 210 to 220 before I can have any kind of success with women.

Well, just wondering what you're doing right, cause I am having no success whatsoever. peace

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well

Really I think this is HIGHLY subjective. I will take my own case. I have screwed a 9 and 10 (totally sober etc), and im 6'1 and like 190 pounds, and girls think Im very very hot (never really did work out, but yes it does help so im going doen that path now :)).

I see alot of really attractive/beautiful girls with older guys sporting pot bellies......

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're absolutely right, it IS highly subjective. I'm starting to think all that really matters is that you're strong enough, and fit enough, to hold your woman down and fu-ck her little brains out for a long time. That's the only reason I can think of why they like "tight buns" and rock-hard abs.... think about it. Put literally, they are your fu-cking muscles.

Hendrix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bro, what supplements are you on? I got some HMB but am gonna take it back...too expensive. Im on l glutamine, whey, fish oil, flax seed, calcium, and a multivitamin. I'm thinking of trying tribulus that testosterone booster for 12$ supposedly its natural herbs. I just turned 16 and started working out seriously a week or two ago. I'm getting on a good diet with 6 meals a day. My other question to you is, do you squats and deadlifts? They seem to put undue stress on my knees and lower back which scares me because I like my knees and would like having them when I'm 30. I just do light weight. What's the best way to increase strength? Low reps right? Thanks man and you are brighter than Aristotle.:D By the way I'm 5 10 143 lbs.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silverback82
haha keep telling yourself that to make you feel better about being skinny
i'm no skinny by any means, i'm 5'9 and 156 lbs

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hendrix
Hey bro, what supplements are you on? I got some HMB but am gonna take it back...too expensive. Im on l glutamine, whey, fish oil, flax seed, calcium, and a multivitamin. I'm thinking of trying tribulus that testosterone booster for 12$ supposedly its natural herbs. I just turned 16 and started working out seriously a week or two ago. I'm getting on a good diet with 6 meals a day. My other question to you is, do you squats and deadlifts? They seem to put undue stress on my knees and lower back which scares me because I like my knees and would like having them when I'm 30. I just do light weight. What's the best way to increase strength? Low reps right? Thanks man and you are brighter than Aristotle.:D By the way I'm 5 10 143 lbs.
Don't waste your money on all that shi-t. Just get some whey and you're good to go. Testosterone booster at 16? Sheeit, I was hard enough to control as it was, haha.
Low reps with a lot of weight is the way to go.... and you don't need to spend 2+ hours in the gym every day either. Go in, do about 2 exercises per muscle and about 2 HEAVY sets (aim for 8 reps) per exercise. The goal is to go in and STIMULATE muscle growth, not kill them, so you don't need high reps or a lot of sets or a lot of exercises. Tell that to the average moron who is over-training and they just won't be able to understand it.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm no skinny by any means, i'm 5'9 and 156 lbs
not for your age but that is a light weight for a guy in his 20's

to think that a guy your height and 180 lb would look worse than you is delusional

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

to think that a guy your height and 180 lb would look worse than you is delusional
You're right..... most guys have beer-bellies by the time they're in their 20's.

What is delusional about someone knowing how they look best? If you are short, muscle most likely isn't going to help you look any taller. I have a toned body now, but if I looked anything more than athletic, with my small body frame, I just don't think I would look right. Besides, muscle is just another excuse guys can use for why they aren't getting women, and this thread isn't helping anyone.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
You're right..... most guys have beer-bellies by the time they're in their 20's.

What is delusional about someone knowing how they look best? If you are short, muscle most likely isn't going to help you look any taller. I have a toned body now, but if I looked anything more than athletic, with my small body frame, I just don't think I would look right. Besides, muscle is just another excuse guys can use for why they aren't getting women, and this thread isn't helping anyone.
Who said it would make you look taller? Some guys probably do it to make up for height. Short and strong is better than short and weak.

I've seen all your posts in this thread and I can't understand your logic in thinking you would look better skinny than muscular. Face facts, muscle can help the same way dressing well can help. It's not necessary but like I said it defintily helps.

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
For 5-7 pages, all you did was trying to justified your skinnyness I can't believe you are using your skinny head as an excuse not to gain muscle, that is insane... unless your head is freakishly small. There is no excuse, maybe you really do have a really small head but don't talk as if you speak for everyone.

I have the exact same height at 5'8, weight and frame as you (am asian) and I know I look great with muscle on a small frame. Not only do I look good but I feel good also, as for short guy not getting any taller working out. That is partly true, you are forgetting that with working out your posture will greatly improve. It will make you look taller because you are walking straigher, also looking confidence can give an illusion of you actually being taller then you really are.

Working out has more benifit then looking good, its a jungle out there and you need to be strong. Its the damn metrosexual and weak guys out there contribute to the rise of femism. Men are meant to be strong, woman are supose to seek strong men for protection. I personally feel like crap knowing that I might not be able to protect my family or friend if they need me. How can I feel confidence knowing that? it more then girls and looks.

Working out is a LIFESTYLE! it build determination, courage, confidence, discipline. Not to mention looking damn great doing it.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you say man....
it goes both ways really though:
You have people justifying their need for more muscle just like people saying they don't need anymore muscle.
If you read my posts, then you should have already known that I was never against weightlifting in the first place. I offer no excuses. You can be a bad motherfu-cker with or without a lot of muscle, IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ARE. This has nothing to do with feminism or any of that shi-t either.
So far people have outlined several benefits of working out:
1. improved confidence
2. improved appearance to opposite sex
3. increased testosterone levels
4. high metabolism
5. protection
(add more if you have any)

Ok, numbers 1, 3, and 4 are based completely on the individual. A man can have all three things without a lot of muscle, especially if he's athletic. Number 2 is purely subjective as well, and is the major point of debate here. Number 5 is just plain obselete, if that is the right way of putting it.... I mean, it just isn't really a concern in this day and age, especially with the advent of our good friend Colt .45.

I never said it wasn't good to be physically fit or have a little muscle on your skeleton, I just said it is way overrated, and, in some cases, a waste of time. In fact, I know far more "athletic" guys who are getting tail than straight up bodybuilder type guys who spend long hours in the gym every other day. Suppose you have a less than average face, or you're of low intelligence, or something like that.... if you think muscle is going to change it all, you're wrong. If you're not happy with who you are right now, chances are you will never be happy with yourself.

Oh yes, for the record, my head is proportional to my body, but it is still size small by hat and clothing standards, so I am not using it as an excuse or anything. I have seen people with large bodies (from muscle) and small heads and it just didn't look right to me.... on top of that I love my face and it is probably my best feature so I want women to look at it more than anything else I have. You don't fu-ck around with your body much when you already have girls telling you you're hot, even when you only weigh about what they weigh. If I were ugly I still wouldn't do it. So there is my personal case for you. No excuses offered, only what I think is best for me. I lifted for a while, got athletic looking, then slowed down on it. Trust me, for my size, I am more than capable.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

i say that, since every guy my height i know who weighs more than 180 lbs usually carries lots of fat and looks worse than me

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes, for the record, my head is proportional to my body, but it is still size small by hat and clothing standards, so I am not using it as an excuse or anything. I have seen people with large bodies (from muscle) and small heads and it just didn't look right to me.... on top of that I love my face and it is probably my best feature so I want women to look at it more than anything else I have. You don't fu-ck around with your body much when you already have girls telling you you're hot, even when you only weigh about what they weigh. If I were ugly I still wouldn't do it. So there is my personal case for you. No excuses offered, only what I think is best for me. I lifted for a while, got athletic looking, then slowed down on it. Trust me, for my size, I am more than capable.
1st. when you already have girls telling you you're hot, you usually don't end up on seduction forums

2nd. it is very unlikely that you'll get too large of a body for your head's size at 5'8, unless you weigh more than 165 lbs... you're just 130 lbs according to your first post, so...

3rd. unless you weigh more than 165 lbs at 5'8, nobody will be looking at your body more than your face when you have clothes on... and if you're at the beach, the muscular body is really good

4th. in your first body, you say you have a 5% bodyfat... will you show us a pic of your body or someone whose body looks like yours? because i don't think you would be able to maintain a 5% bodyfat without lots of cardio, working out and following a strict diet

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dam-n, you people will argue about anything; it is pathetic.
1.) I'm here primarily to help others, not to learn.... God knows how much bullshi-t (just like this thread) gets thrown around on these forums and I do what I can to lead people to success. If I in turn can learn something in the process, great. Also, being hot isn't everything..... I admit I have had my own difficulties in the past, basically with "putting myself out there" and a desire to socialize, which will render anyone's looks useless, but this thread is about appearance so I'll leave it at that.
2. and 3., without knowing what I look like, you have no argument there.
4.) Last time I checked (with a handheld electronic thing), I think I had 8% bodyfat, but that was about 2 years ago in the middle of a growth spurt. Since then I have gained weight, both muscle and fat, so I am probably closer to 11% or so now but I don't know for sure. The norm is 15%-20%, but then I am naturally skinny so I think my numbers are pretty accurate. Since everyone has a different metabolic rate, I see no reason why 5% is that unbelievable. I used to do a LOT of intense cardio (sports) so I probably have been close before, but it isn't like I tried to make it so low. Still today, not involved hardly any in athletics and eating like a motherfu-cker I bet I still haven't touched 15%, and I don't care. I'm not saying it is desirable to have a really low BF%, but having high metabolism is something many people would probably kill for. I don't know exactly where each of my 130 lbs comes from, but since I am within the "normal" BMI range (check the charts), I do consider myself completely normal and healthy.

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno about that man, I just see alot of negativity in your post. You claim to help people but seems that all you do is defend yourself therefor helping just you.

I do agree with you that some people might use the excuse of needing muscle to start taking action. Most guys are here because they lack confidence. I believe in confidence comes from accomplishments in life what do you suggest the guys do to gain confidence? just be telling them they are "the catch" and just approuch girls?

Also, those eletronic weight thing are crap, they are not accurate. Ask any pros and they'll tell you the same. Use the Fat clipper and see your real result.

Rightnow am at 137 pound and I think am skinny but working my way up. At 130 is way too skinny, most guys would break you in half, they would certainly break me if I don't do anything about it.

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
now i'm 70kg (still at 5'9) and i don't know anybody who thinks of me as skinny... actually i look bigger than everybody in my class
When people call me a greyhound it's obviously tongue-in-cheek

I'll put it this way, you can't see an ounce of fat on me, it's just like having only muscle & bones. You can see my mucles, but that's only cuz I'm skinny (& they are hardly what you call big). Also, I'm generally a soft-spoken person & would lower peoples respect of me initially leaving me open to teasing.

I don't know, maybe your a more respected person than I in your social circle, all I know is I'm 5'6 & 65kgs & that is considered skinny to people I know (including myself).

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebsharp
I dunno about that man, I just see alot of negativity in your post. You claim to help people but seems that all you do is defend yourself therefor helping just you.

I do agree with you that some people might use the excuse of needing muscle to start taking action. Most guys are here because they lack confidence. I believe in confidence comes from accomplishments in life what do you suggest the guys do to gain confidence? just be telling them they are "the catch" and just approuch girls?

Also, those eletronic weight thing are crap, they are not accurate. Ask any pros and they'll tell you the same. Use the Fat clipper and see your real result.

Rightnow am at 137 pound and I think am skinny but working my way up. At 130 is way too skinny, most guys would break you in half, they would certainly break me if I don't do anything about it.
See, you're exactly the kind of person I want to help. True confidence comes from within, not from your dam-n accomplishments. It's good to have accomplishments as confidence boosts, but if you judge yourself only by accomplishments, you obviously aren't truly confident because without accomplishments you would be nothing, and many menfit this description exactly. Take the average joe, not ugly but certainly not much to look at, no above average intelligence, no major accomplishments other than holding a decent 9-5 job, but there are many men just like this who get women and it is because the fact that their confidence is not simply a measure of their accomplishments.

Yes I know the electronic ones are inaccurate but we're not here to debate the accuracy of different test methods.

130 is "way to skinny huh"..... I once again tell you, take a look at the BMI chart, and you'll see it is within "normal" range. People these days are so used to seeing gigantic weight numbers because America's health has gone to shi-t. By todays standards, I am skinny yes (not by the standards 50 years ago when hardly ANYONE was overweight), but it doesn't bother me. Look at a weight chart and you'll actually find a lot of men (our age of course) are our size. You actually feel like people can break you in half? Dam-n man, that is like the most low self-esteem thing I have ever heard. Who gives a fu-ck if they can anyway? I think we need to rethink who has the negativity in their posts...geez...

Just out of curiosity, how much do you bench press, curl, etc.... because if you can rep own bodyweight like I can on the press, you're way ahead of 95% of the population.

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence doen't grow on trees man. Person who have nothing will not have confidence just like a guy who isnt sucessful with girls arnt confidence. Confidence drop when you feel a sense of worthlessness (if thats a word) its common sense. You got it backward, these boards nail it into your head about confidence comes from within, well ofcourse... you can will yourself to be confidence but how long will that last? Why does this place exist? because guys here are NOT confidence. This place is like crack for confidence, you come here for a quick fix. How can you feel confidence without accomplisments and a sense of pride? can you feel powerful knowing that you havnt reach your goals and dreams? Improve yourself and girls will come. Just telling yourself that you are "the catch" is just fooling yourself.

Accomplishment stays with you and push yourself towards bigger accomplishments. I speak all this from exprience, I've been here since 2002. Tried to fake confidence and fool myself into thinking am the a great catch but without any direction in life. Now I focus on myself, building a bussiness. I havnt done as well as I would have liked but atleast am not faking anymore. Am just a better person then 4 years ago with many accomplishments.

Yea 130 pound is too skinny, when I was 130 you know what they call me? they call me toothpick behind my back. Its thin and can be normal but thats not my point. I let some people walk all over me because they are alot bigger then me, thats a crappy feeling.

Am in the fatloss phase rightnow, am trying to loose some bf but I can bench 80% of my bodyweight. Beching your own body weight doent say much when someone can bench twice your weight (exgerrated)

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bloke
When people call me a greyhound it's obviously tongue-in-cheek

I'll put it this way, you can't see an ounce of fat on me, it's just like having only muscle & bones. You can see my mucles, but that's only cuz I'm skinny (& they are hardly what you call big). Also, I'm generally a soft-spoken person & would lower peoples respect of me initially leaving me open to teasing.

I don't know, maybe your a more respected person than I in your social circle, all I know is I'm 5'6 & 65kgs & that is considered skinny to people I know (including myself).

i've noticed several times that american people are usually a lot bigger than european. anyway, it's not just people calling me that... i know they weigh less than me, even though their bodyfat is higher... where i live, average people who weigh 155 lbs are around 5'11 or so... 5'9 people's average weight at 18 yrs old is around 135 lbs or so