Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What every skinny guy should know...

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
You need to gain 1000 lbs.
i've been trying, but i hit a plateau every 100 or so... any ideas about why this happens?!

SuNmAN

Reaction score
I'm 6'4, 185 lbs and have a body of steel.

I've been told by MANY people that I'm ripped. I'd like to think that my face is fairly good looking too...now I wanna know why that guy that started this thread has women all over him and I don't?

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he's full of shi-t and/or seeking attention. That's usually what these type of "self-improvement" posts are about.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuNmAN
I'm 6'4, 185 lbs and have a body of steel.

I've been told by MANY people that I'm ripped. I'd like to think that my face is fairly good looking too...now I wanna know why that guy that started this thread has women all over him and I don't?
do you put yourself out there?

do you approach girls?

if I remember correctly pook said he got signs from hot chicks but he still had to make an effort by approaching

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked a couple questions on the Health and Fitness Forum, but I didn't get any answers, so I'll ask them here as well:

1. If I only read the free stuff which is on www.skinnyguy.net, and I'm not ordering the book, do I miss much significant information? Or could I start working out merely based on the free information on the site?
2. How do I measure my body fat level? And are all these methods expensive?

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) Don't have the book, but I'm willing to bet you'd be just as well off without it.... reading this site, asking the more experienced people questions, and reading that site, plus another site I love ( http://www.exrx.net/ ) should be all you need. The exrx site is great for beginners, because not only does it show you exercises and how they affect each muscle, but also info about reps and sets. It recommends about 8 reps target per exercise, 2 sets per exercise, with a max. of 2 exercise per muscle group. This means you don't need to spend more than an hour in the gym. Train hard and heavy man. Your friends may think they are accomplishing something by staying in the gym 2+ hours, but you can do just as much in much less time. You get in, stimulate muscle growth, and get out.
2.)There is an electronic BMI thing that tells you your body fat percentage when you put both your hands on it.... it uses some sort of electrical current to detect it density and thus, fat, but I don't know about the accuracy. There is also the old fashioned method of immersing yourself in a tank of water (also uses density), but I'm pretty sure the first method is used almost always now. There are probably other methods, forgive my ignorance, but I only know of these two.

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, thanks!
But where can I get this electric BMI thing? Could I buy it somewhere and own it? And how much would that cost?
And, why is it so essential to frequently measure my body fat during a work-out period? Should the changes in my body fat level have an effect on my work-out?

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it isn't important enough to buy the scale thing, but I suppose if you must know your body fat percentage you could get it tested at a clinic or something. I actually got to try one of those things out at physical education class while I was in highschool.... pretty neat, but not that important to me.
Obviously I'm not an expert here, but as far as I know, bodybuilders monitor their body fat levels so that they can adjust their diets accordingly. Many people put on some fat when they're eating all those carbs and stuff necessary for their workouts, so they may use it to keep that from happening too much.... I really don't know, but that's all I can think of there. Short answer would be, you don't need to know your fat percentage.

LittleElf

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is wrong with being skinny? Seriously, what kind of girl are you looking for? I can see why you wouldn't want to be fat, but skinny isn't so bad.

I will tell you something. I am like a sheet of really cheap paper. Toned, but very lanky and thin. So thin that I have to spend a fortune on high priced (think Sweet Years, Armani Jeans, and other overpriced streetwear lines that you can find in Europe) clothing that actually fits me. I also wear fitted clothing. I detest baggy pants/jeans and shirts. Even when I am in the USA I wear fitted shirts and jeans/pants. Most of you would probably take one look at me and think that I was some kind of reject (which in many ways I am when it comes to America :cool: ) But you know what? I don't care. I have no problems finding girls that literally look like high fashion models back in the land of milk and honey ;), and I will be damned if I let some fat ankled female in America run my life. This is the key. Be a real man and take back America!! Don't be ashamed of who you are. Instead of picking on skinny or fat guys start picking on the hideous females that have polluted American streets. If not, I will probably be seeing more of you boarding some s****y Eastern European airline in some major European Hub. Believe me, 20 plus hours in airports and on airlines isn't exactly easy on the body.

SinisaD

Don Juan
Reaction score
NoNickName thx for that site I just went on it. It has some good tips. I think as well that am a hard gainer. I have one question am 5'10' and I weigh 165 lbs. Is that alrite weight for me or should I try to gain more weight??????

The type of body am leaning more towards is not just muscular. But more like an athleticaly built muscle guy. I don't want bulky muscles thats just my opinion and preference hehe :). All opinions on my question are welcome.

Just wanna say thank you ahead of time for the responses :D

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SinisaD
NoNickName thx for that site I just went on it. It has some good tips. I think as well that am a hard gainer. I have one question am 5'10' and I weigh 165 lbs. Is that alrite weight for me or should I try to gain more weight??????

The type of body am leaning more towards is not just muscular. But more like an athleticaly built muscle guy. I don't want bulky muscles thats just my opinion and preference hehe :). All opinions on my question are welcome.

Just wanna say thank you ahead of time for the responses :D
i'm 5'9 and 155 lbs and i'm much above average in my upper body, but my legs sùck. depends on how your weight is shared over your body. i'd like to get to 170 or so, but i want to be more than athletic

SinisaD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
i'm 5'9 and 155 lbs and i'm much above average in my upper body, but my legs sùck. depends on how your weight is shared over your body. i'd like to get to 170 or so, but i want to be more than athletic

yeah I was thinkin something along the maybe 175-180 lb range. I think that would be just good for my body type. But as you my legs are weak. So am doing tons of runing and squats. But what kinda suprises me is that not a lot of people belive am actually like 165-170 :-(!.... They think am more along the 140-150LB range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arg!:mad: But o well. I think am follow the advice that the site NoNickName posted.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm like the exact opposite..... my legs are much better developed than the rest of my body, even though they look skinny too. I mean, I know guys who bench 50+ more lbs than me and when we have gone to do the leg presses and stuff they can't believe I am right up there with them, even though I have never exclusively exercised them (well I did used to play soccer a LOT). The point is, some people are more developed in certain areas than others. My biceps, triceps, lats, abs, glutes, quads, and calves are top notch for my size, but my main torso area including pecs, delts, etc. leaves just a little to be desired. My goal is to just maintain the "cut" look though, nothing much more.

SinisaD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry if this has maybe been brought up before. Before when I weight lifted I never used or suppliments to help me recover faster. Tho when I read up on it, it's actually better if you use vitamins and some suppliments to help you recover and have a better nutrition intake. So my question being is which Brand do you guys recommend best for vitamins or suppliments you use? and what are some of the suppliments that you use???

Thank you for your responses and patience with me :cheer: !

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
i'm wondering, would you consider 65kg skinny for a 5'9 high schooler?
reading this stuff, it seems so, but it's very hard to define me skinny
I'm 5'6, & I am 65kg & get called a greyhound.

If your 3 inches taller than me... yes, that is skinny

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bloke

How is that? You're actually well within the normal weight range for your height (according to the medical charts).

Also, the type of weight you have matters too.... if you are all fat and no muscle, you probably will look less skinny, but obviously you will look more athletic with the muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat too.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bloke

now i'm 70kg (still at 5'9) and i don't know anybody who thinks of me as skinny... actually i look bigger than everybody in my class

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alex_L
I'm 180lbs at 5' 9" .. and the bigger I get the more the girls check you out... I'm amazed that everytime I go out now, girls who are 7-8+ (;) not age! but out of 10 lol) are always checking me out even those with their boyfriends ..I feel like a magnet, that girls are more attracted too me now than they have ever been , i feel great that I could just go up too most girls and that theyed want too go out with me.. :) I'm so not used too it!

top tip though would be too make sure you work your arms hard... cause i had been working out on and off since i was 16, but i never did my arm just my chest , stomach and back a bit.... so for the past 6 years people have taken me too be "fat" ..but as soon as I put on 3 inches on my arms ..people realise now i'm not fat but i'm infact muscle :) ...as soon as I worked my arms I became literally a babe magnet, i'm not confident in myself though so it's weird lol.
wouldn't weigh 180 lbs or more make someone shorter than 5'10 seem like a wall of bricks? i mean, if you are 10% or less bodyfat, you would look impressive at the beach, but when you have your clothes on, you would look pretty bad...

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm easily under 8% bodyfat, but not by choice..... I have actually attempted to put pure fat on, with no luck of course.... my dam-n metabolism is absolutely out the roof. Oh well, I consider it sort of a blessing sometimes, since I'm payed back with great muscle definition and the ability to eat any amount of any kind of food I want at any time I want.... most people would kill just for that, and I realize many people who work out do it partly to raise their metabolism so they HAVE this kind of freedom. I have basically given up the "bulking" up, simply because I saw it as worthless IN MY CASE. If you are 5'7", athletic, and have a small frame (and head), you might understand. Otherwise, keep your opinion to yourself. You have heard the saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Well, when you are turning heads and have bit-ches telling you you are hot already, you don't go out and try to fu-ck up what you already have. What works for you, doesn't necessarily work for everyone else.