Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think to this workout split?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if i can get strength and muscle and get down to 10-15 percent body fat I will be fine.

I know its going to take years and a massive overhaul of my lifestyle and diet. But I am willing

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but you won’t be able to hold that state forever for one thing
That's the point. They don't walk around at this level of bf% year round. With all the craze of bulking and cutting it looks like more people would get that. It's the same concept as powerlifters gaining mass and strength in the off-season and cutting to make a weight class for competition. It's called periodization.
What I mean by that is you will ONLY look like the guy in the picture does naturally if you NEED to.
Competition?.?.
Ordinary people can’t maintain that though;
I wouldn't exactly call individuals who have spent a decade + in the iron game ordinary. It requires sacrifice, dedication and it is just downright painful at times.
It’s just not efficient.
Not sure what the point is here?.?. Bodybuilding is the definition of inefficient, other than maintaining higher levels of mass and lower bf%'s. The whole concept of BB'ing is to constantly disrupt homeostasis. Not sure who ever called that efficient.
or your CNS will fry way before you can get there.
The method of the majority of bodybuilders is to train in a way that promotes sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (higher volume@lower intensities, longer TUT, suck pump), especially after novice and intermediate levels and CNS fatigue isn't as prevalent with training at lower intensities relative to limit strength. You see more CNS issues with powetlifters and anaerobic athletes (hammer throw, Oly weightlifting, sprinters, etc.).
It’s just not feasible to think one can get there when they’re still a beginner too.
Scroll up and you will see where I stated about the photo taking years to accomplish.

Last edited:

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if i can get strength and muscle and get down to 10-15 percent body fat I will be fine.

I know its going to take years and a massive overhaul of my lifestyle and diet. But I am willing
https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101078918-building-the-monolith-5-3-1-for-size
Plenty of Q&A's answered, feedback and before and after photos out there on the tnation forum from average Joe's out there who have completed the program. I've ran quite a few of his templates in the past and can probably answer any questions you might have or you can find them yourself on the tnation forum. If you look at this and can get more specific with what you might be looking for as far as programming protocols (amraps, drop sets, whatever floats your boat) I can send you some templates in that direction. Here's a few more...
https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101075206-5-3-1-and-bodybuilding

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/westside-for-skinny-bastards-1

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the point. They don't walk around at this level of bf% year round. With all the craze of bulking and cutting it looks like more people would get that. It's the same concept as powerlifters gaining mass and strength in the off-season and cutting to make a weight class for competition. It's called periodization.
Most NORMAL people want to look reasonably good at all times. There is no bulking and cutting for them except maybe once when they get experience just to bulk up some and then cut to look like how they want to look like. The rest of the time is a slow recomp.
Competition?.?.
Again. Normal people. When I say normal, I mean a person who wakes up, goes to the gym, lifts, heads back home to shower and eat, then go to work, and then come back home and go to sleep. Most people don’t compete. Competition places a NEED to look good or be good which will invoke a physiological response if felt on the subconscious level. Your average Joe isn’t feeling that.
I wouldn't exactly call individuals who have spent a decade + in the iron game ordinary. It requires sacrifice, dedication and it is just downright painful at times.
Then everyone is a special snowflake. No, these people are ordinary unless it is their job to be fit (i.e personal trainer), they take steroids and/or compete, or some other need to be that way (i.e prison). Yes it takes sacrifice and hard work, but so does everything else in life. Nothing special there. Most weightlifters are just ordinary people. They just so happen to lift...
Not sure what the point is here?.?. Bodybuilding is the definition of inefficient, other than maintaining higher levels of mass and lower bf%'s. The whole concept of BB'ing is to constantly disrupt homeostasis. Not sure who ever called that efficient.
Stop diluting the argument. You keep changing it to people who dedicate their lives to this ****. That’s why EyeBRollin was saying how it’s not possible to look like that really. For normal people, it isn’t. And you keep saying it is because steroid abusing professionals do. You are also forgetting that it’s thier JOB to look like that. If it wasn’t, they wouldn’t look like that. For ordinary people, they can efficiently gain a great looking physique. Just not THAT great like the dude above. Make comparisons to normal people, not competition athletes.
The method of the majority of bodybuilders is to train in a way that promotes sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (higher volume@lower intensities, longer TUT, suck pump), especially after novice and intermediate levels and CNS fatigue isn't as prevalent with training at lower intensities relative to limit strength. You see more CNS issues with powetlifters and anaerobic athletes (hammer throw, Oly weightlifting, sprinters, etc.).
It comes from too much stress in general, it’s not discriminatory to power athletes or bodybuilders or endurance athletes.
Scroll up and you will see where I stated about the photo taking years to accomplish.
Scroll down and you’ll see how I said that most normal folks want results right away. For these people, it’s unattainable because they’ll give up too fast.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Brad Pitt from fight club is totally achievable natty. The picture of the other guy is not.

I'd start with a 5X5 program - either Stronglifts 5X5 or Starting Strength. Do that until you've maxed your newbie gains. It should take 3-6 months to do that. Since your base of strength doesn't seem to be advanced, I'd stick with those programs and variations for an entire year before worrying about cutting and sculpting.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most NORMAL people want to look reasonably good at all times. There is no bulking and cutting for them except maybe once when they get experience just to bulk up some and then cut to look like how they want to look like. The rest of the time is a slow recomp.
Again. Normal people. When I say normal, I mean a person who wakes up, goes to the gym, lifts, heads back home to shower and eat, then go to work, and then come back home and go to sleep. Most people don’t compete. Competition places a NEED to look good or be good which will invoke a physiological response if felt on the subconscious level. Your average Joe isn’t feeling that.
Idk what you're getting at here. No one on this thread has implied that achieving op's goal will be achieved by normal measures. I think that's actually the only thing we've all agreed SEVERAL times about now.
You keep changing it to people who dedicate their lives to this ****.
Jesus H, some do and for op to ever come close to realizing something like the photo, he would have to as well.
Stop diluting the argument.
It's only diluted, because you are ignorant to the facts.
Scroll down and you’ll see how I said that most normal folks want results right away. For these people, it’s unattainable because they’ll give up too fast.
Who cares what most people want. The thread isn't about most ppl. It's about the op and HIS goal and he seems to be aware, that something like this takes a huge amount of time and effort. You made the statement and your posts are like a dog running in circles trying to catch it's tail.
comes from too much stress in general, it’s not discriminatory to power athletes or bodybuilders or endurance athletes.
No, there is CNS fatigue and metabolic stress. Agreed stress is stress and yes both are systemic, but one to a greater degree. CNS fatigue. You are also right that they are not discriminatory depending on what mesocycle an athlete is in, but it is dependent on what energy system being emphasized and loads used. An Oly lifter or powerlifter will taper to higher intensities/lower volumes, closer to competition which will be more demanding neuraly. For a bodybuilder, these phases will be in reverse and for a lesser part of their overall programming. Metabolic stress can be monitored very easily with just a little bit of awareness and easier to dig yourself out of.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk what you're getting at here. No one on this thread has implied that achieving op's goal will be achieved by normal measures. I think that's actually the only thing we've all agreed SEVERAL times about now.

Jesus H, some do and for op to ever come close to realizing something like the photo, he would have to as well.

It's only diluted, because you are ignorant to the facts.

Who cares what most people want. The thread isn't about most ppl. It's about the op and HIS goal and he seems to be aware, that something like this takes a huge amount of time and effort. You made the statement and your posts are like a dog running in circles trying to catch it's tail.

No, there is CNS fatigue and metabolic stress. Agreed stress is stress and yes both are systemic, but one to a greater degree. CNS fatigue. You are also right that they are not discriminatory depending on what mesocycle an athlete is in, but it is dependent on what energy system being emphasized and loads used. An Oly lifter or powerlifter will taper to higher intensities/lower volumes, closer to competition which will be more demanding neuraly. For a bodybuilder, these phases will be in reverse and for a lesser part of their overall programming. Metabolic stress can be monitored very easily with just a little bit of awareness and easier to dig yourself out of.
You lack the social skills to understand anything that I’ve written.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You lack the social skills to understand anything that I’ve written.
You mean comprehension? Says the kid who doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground, but seems to manage to talk out of it quite well. You are arguing against decades of science and statistical data, not me kid. I can point you in the right direction if you are willing to learn though.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean comprehension? Says the kid who doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground, but seems to manage to talk out of it quite well. You are arguing against decades of science and statistical data, not me kid. I can point you in the right direction if you are willing to learn though.
You’re fat. Why are you of all people trying to insult others or even talk about fitness? It’s CLEARLY not your thing lol.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re fat. Why are you of all people trying to insult others or even talk about fitness? It’s CLEARLY not your thing lol.
CTFU! Child please. You're not in highschool anymore. You are about to be exposed for the fraud you are. You talk as though you know, when you clearly don't. Like your dissertation on prison inmates and kids growing up doing physical labor, when you could have saved your time in writing that novel and mentioned GAS and would have saved me the time in having to read all that drivel. Then, you try to muddy up the conversation by injecting what "most" or "ordinary" or "normal" gym goers want, when this post has jack chit to do with what they want. You are attempting to turn a specific goal into a general one. Then you question my knowledge of fitness, when this post has zero to do with fitness. Fitness is the ability and measure of capability to complete a SPECIFIC task. You may be fit to clock an exceptional 1 mile run time, but lack adequate fitness to log a decent 500 meter row time. As for you, you're not fit to lace my shoes, much less this conversation and I see it's been a massive waste of time. Peace and fish grease sport.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CTFU! Child please. You're not in highschool anymore. You are about to be exposed for the fraud you are. You talk as though you know, when you clearly don't. Like your dissertation on prison inmates and kids growing up doing physical labor, when you could have saved your time in writing that novel and mentioned GAS and would have saved me the time in having to read all that drivel. Then, you try to muddy up the conversation by injecting what "most" or "ordinary" or "normal" gym goers want, when this post has jack chit to do with what they want. You are attempting to turn a specific goal into a general one. Then you question my knowledge of fitness, when this post has zero to do with fitness. Fitness is the ability and measure of capability to complete a SPECIFIC task. You may be fit to clock an exceptional 1 mile run time, but lack adequate fitness to log a decent 500 meter row time. As for you, you're not fit to lace my shoes, much less this conversation and I see it's been a massive waste of time. Peace and fish grease sport.
The butthurt is real. But that’s because the truth hurts sometimes, doesn’t it?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet, here you are quoting and replying.
I’m saying it to you. And I’ll keep doing it to provoke you into going back on your word like you’re doing here. Keep replying back to me when you said you’re done with this conversation. You’re ego can’t handle you not being able to get the last word. Weak man. No impulse control. Just like the twinky that’s on the table in front of you. You know you’re gonna eat it. You can’t help it. Weak.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Tnation website is hot though, it has articles after articles on working out and a variety of other topics, love the layout compared to BB.com

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m saying it to you. And I’ll keep doing it to provoke you into going back on your word like you’re doing here. Keep replying back to me when you said you’re done with this conversation. You’re ego can’t handle you not being able to get the last word. Weak man. No impulse control. Just like the twinky that’s on the table in front of you. You know you’re gonna eat it. You can’t help it. Weak.
Lmao. You're a lop dude. I find it amusing. Talk about calling the kettle black.

U

user43770

@Eternal_water at one point I was lifting 2 times a week due to time constraints. The routine I used is below.

Workout A
Squats - 3 x 8
Bench press - 3 × 8
Pendlay Rows - 3 x 8
Calves - 1 x 15

Workout B
Deadlift - 2 × 6
Weighted Chin-ups - 3 x 8
Shoulder press - 2 × 8

Simple routine, but if you're giving it all you have, eating and sleeping right, you'll make gains.

By the way, I was using Reverse Pyramid Training.

Last edited by a moderator: