Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think to this workout split?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on your diet. There's no magic bullet routine around this. Those routines are very bad too. There's literally tons of tried and true programs out there, with forums full of asked and answered questions and feedback etc. BB'ing.com isn't one of them imo. Tnation has a pretty large handful of knowledgeable users and the coaches forums are a treasure trove. Intensemuscle, elitefts, jimwendler.com, jts, Joshbryant.com. You will get much further, without spinning your wheels jumping on a cookie cutter routine and sticking with it long enough, until you get a feel for what works and learning about programming in the process and be able to write your own. If you're dead set on DUP, the cube method is hard to beat. Massive iron 531 method is good too, I would just drop some of the redundant assistance work.
Trying to get shredded like Bradd pitt in fight club

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shredded is diet and lots of cardio. Lifting would be accessory to cardio. I’d take up running, cycling, swimming, or rowing. Cardio-heavy sports like soccer or basketball work also. Build your lifting split only to supplement your cardio of choice. Bottom line: you won’t get shredded under strength building or bodybuilding programs (unless you take drugs). You have to train more like a cardio athlete.

Last edited:

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tnation looks good thanks
No prob. Look into barbell circuits, giant sets(specifically how Brian Alshrue sets them up) and complexes. You can stick to strength and bodybuilding routines, but setting PR's with strength in mind aren't necessarily congruent with your goals for most, past intermediate stages. It can be done however. You are a beginner, so you can make huge strides in strength gains, building muscle mass and losing fat all at the same time for awhile, though. Take advantage of being a novice and better recovery abilities and push the volume a little. Mix anaerobic/glycolytic energy systems training on your lifting days (prowler pushes/pulls, sled pulls, sprints, airdyne sprints, Farmers carries, etc) with slow steady state cardio on off days. The anaerobic work will help you build/retain muscle mass, while also helping you lose fat at the same time as well as improving insulin sensitivity. Up your protein and healthy fat intake a little and slowly reduce your carb intake.

Last edited:

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
5 months hurt back, haven't lifted for 2 weeks, I need a simple program for beginners
Ooff. My sympathies. Sciatica or lumbar?

Sciatica in 2014. Literally walking with a peg leg/limp.

long haul flight to Cuba. Worked out well because it hurt like hell I had a verocious snarl and I reckon it helped me not
getting taking advantage of over there.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that splits are necessary or more/less beneficial than whole body workouts.
They aren't. One way or another. They just are what they are and are prescribed with many different variables taken into consideration. There comes a point, when you are moving too much weight for total body routines to be an efficient use of time. Not to mention the total tonnage moved in itself. It takes me on average 20-30 minutes working up in weight to my work sets and my sessions are very dense. I've also made my best strength gains in the squat and deadlift by alternating each weekly. That means I'm only squatting and pulling twice a month per lift. Conventional wisdom would have us thinking my d!ck would have fell off in the process. Simply not the case.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The common denominator I sense with most people toward fitness is the unrealistic expectation of doing the minimum while expectating the maximum.
Actually I have been doing this lately and it’s worked out great for me. I don’t need to do nearly as many sets or reps as most people do to yield the same/better results gain them. I just changed the mindset I go around in and my intensity is higher, so I don’t have to do as much volume. And I also don’t have to go to the gym nearly as often as most people for muscle-related gains. I think I may have been doing too much before though. I stopped listening to my body and kept forcing it to work. Now I just do what I feel will give me what I want. My workouts aren’t even the same when I do go to exercise. I mix everything up, and if you saw me working out, you’d be like ‘this kid is a ****ing retard and has no idea what he’s doing’ but I feel myself getting stronger. Particularly out of the gym. I might lift once or twice a week and that’s good enough for me. But I also do other strenuous physical activity pretty much everyday though regardless of whether I lift or not (lifting was just supplementary).

Basically, you just gotta know you’re body and know what you’re doing. Know how to listen to your body. That will yield maximal results with minimal effort.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Others have said it with the cardio bit. But avoid cycling because that has been known not to increase androgenic hormones afterwards. Swimming, running, playing other sports, etc. will but cycling won’t for whatever reason. Probably because it can crush your balls or something but that’s just my guess.

Also, after you do cardio, don’t eat right away. You’ll feel tired and hungry and you’ll want to eat. But don’t. Not right away. Wait until you don’t feel tired anymore before you do eat. Should be about 1 - 2 hours depending. This is only good for getting shredded though, for muscle gain it’s not optimal. But since you want to get more lean, it’ll be better this way.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all these forums I ask what's a good beginner program and I get the run around SMH

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're talking years of allot of hard work and living and breathing your goals, but this^^^ is attainable naturally. Proportionate to your bone structure anyways.
It’s not possible without drugs. Stop lying to him.

all these forums I ask what's a good beginner program and I get the run around SMH
Starting Strength by Mark Rippletoe or Stronglifts 5X5

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s not possible without drugs.
Dude, stop putting your limitations on everyone else here. It's not possible for YOU, without drugs. The physique in the pic is shredded more than he is huge. I've had one buddy that wrestled at a division II college that lived off of ground beef and pony kegs that looked just as big and shredded as this pic. Several friends that were bigger, but not as cut living off of beans and bologny sandwiches in the penitentiary. Gaining the mass is the easy part compared to reducing bf% to this level, something that takes more mental focus and sacrifice, than anything else. Take your defeatist attitude and p!ss poor genetics elsewhere.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, stop putting your limitations on everyone else here. It's not possible for YOU, without drugs.
It's not possible for YOU either, or the OP. Do you look like that? Nope.

The physique in the pic is shredded more than he is huge.
No, he's huge and shredded. Natural lifters can either be extremely lean and somewhat muscular, or be big and somewhat lean. They can't be both huge and shredded.

I've had one buddy that wrestled at a division II college that lived off of ground beef and pony kegs that looked just as big and shredded as this pic.
No, he didn't. And if he did, there's about a 100% chance he was doping. PEDs are rampant in college athletics.

Several friends that were bigger, but not as cut living off of beans and bologny sandwiches in the penitentiary.
Thanks for proving my point.

Gaining the mass is the easy part compared to reducing bf% to this level, something that takes more mental focus and sacrifice, than anything else.
His abdominal definition suggests no more than 7% body fat. That is impossible to achieve with that much muscle mass without drugs. Body builders only stay super lean for a few hours for competitions. The human body cannot adequately function with low levels of body fat for extended periods. Not only is his body fat level low, he looks huge. Natural humans at that body fat percentage look depleted.

Take your defeatist attitude and p!ss poor genetics elsewhere.
When you know you're wrong, attack the messenger. Stop lying to the OP. The guy in the picture is obviously juiced.

Well if i can look similar to that im fine, still not going to limit myself
Fitness is about having a healthy body image. The only way you will look like a steroid abuser is through drug use. You can have an aesthetic natural physique without drugs, but it will never have the level of mass and leanness he has. Don't model your body goals after fitness models, actors, or high level athletes. If their body is their source of income, best believe they are "enhanced."

Last edited:

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not possible for YOU either, or the OP. Do you look like that? Nope.
Not as long as I would rather enjoy eating chitty food, than do what it takes to cut down to this level of bf%.
No, he's huge and shredded. Natural lifters can either be extremely lean and somewhat muscular, or be big and somewhat lean. They can't be both huge and shredded.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Whatever Lol.
Body builders only stay super lean for a few hours
Very few are able to. No dispute. This isn't even a bodybuilder physique. Not even a natural bodybuilder competitors physique. This is most likely a physique competitor, that has cut down for a comp or photo op as his periodization allows, but you understand jack chit about that, because you've been doing the same chit for years and still wonder why you can't achieve anything near this level. Juiced, natty, bodybuilder, physique, regardless walk around like this year round.
When you know you're wrong, attack the messenger. Stop lying to the OP. The guy in the picture is obviously juiced.
LMAO! Dude, you are a joke and I'm probably debating a 140lb twig that eats like a bird on the other end.

Last edited:

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, he didn't. And if he did, there's about a 100% chance he was doping. PEDs are rampant in college athletics.
Never met said guy in question, but he's 100% for sure doping. But no he didn't and if he did. Sounds legit.
Thanks for proving my point.
The penal system isn't exactly known for their healthy food options, moron. Lol

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, stop putting your limitations on everyone else here. It's not possible for YOU, without drugs. The physique in the pic is shredded more than he is huge. I've had one buddy that wrestled at a division II college that lived off of ground beef and pony kegs that looked just as big and shredded as this pic. Several friends that were bigger, but not as cut living off of beans and bologny sandwiches in the penitentiary. Gaining the mass is the easy part compared to reducing bf% to this level, something that takes more mental focus and sacrifice, than anything else. Take your defeatist attitude and p!ss poor genetics elsewhere.
Well it’s not that it isn’t possible. It’s just that the guy in the picture definitely is on steroids (most fitness models are) and the level you need to be at in order to get to that point is something else entirely. What I mean by that is you will ONLY look like the guy in the picture does naturally if you NEED to. As in you need to put of survival or something. That’s the type of mindset you need to have. Ordinary people can’t maintain that though; they don’t know how to. There’s a reason why people get bigger and stronger when they get released from prison. It’s the mentality they had over there. They HAD to be that way or else the next guy would be able to walk all over them. It was felt on a subconscious level so their bodies forced itself to become that way. Basically epigenetics. That’s just one example. You can definitely get to the point of the dude in the picture, but you won’t be able to hold that state forever for one thing, and secondly you will have to change pretty much your entire lifestyle and persona (particularly when at the gym) to get it. It’s just not efficient. Plus, it’ll take years, if not decades. And by then, your body will begin to deteriorate from age or your CNS will fry way before you can get there. Most people who ever get that lean and muscularly naturally anyway have been doing physical activity their whole life, as in while going through puberty. This means that their body was needing to adapt to the stress while growing and changing, and so it also changed to become stronger and more powerful too.

It’s just not feasible to think one can get there when they’re still a beginner too. All people who are just starting out a beginners program want to look like big and ripped but in reality they’re so far away from that physique that they don’t realize they may never get there. Especially because those same people often times want results FAST, and things just don’t work that way. They end up just giving up or not sticking with it because they think it’s not worth their time. Little do they know that because they’re beginners, they’re making gains faster than anyone else in the gym who is big and strong themselves lol