Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ways to reduce anxiety/stress

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have learnt that stress and anxiety are affecting my life, and have recently made it my mission to significantly reduce them.

I tend to worry a lot during social interactions, whether I am coming across the way I want to. For example I worry if I'm coming across as unlikable or awkward at times.

I sometimes tend not to voice my opinions, because I worry if people may harshly judge them.

I also find it difficult to get out of my head and just not care.

I feel like I cannot truly be myself because people will not like me. I think that in order to get many friends or girls I need to project a fake persona of coolness.

Does anyone have this problem, or overcome it? Do any of you have useful tips or advice to share to overcome this?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worrying creates a vicious cycle. People may not like you, some will. You were not put on this planet to be liked. Consider focusing on higher priorities.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with @sosousage

Obviously the gym is #1 but give nofap a serious try. I’m on day 60 and I’ve found that my stress/anxiety has greatly reduced. I know all too well the feeling of having to put on a fake persona of “coolness” but in these last 60 days it’s become less and less of a need for me.

Just this past weekend my buddies who live below us had a pregame party before we all went to the bars and I found myself entertaining other people and making them laugh without trying so hard. Just came naturally.

YMMV but I’ve found some success and will continue to ride it out.

Also I’ve read meditation helps a lot with training your brain to live in the moment rather than overthinking shyt.

Haven’t started it yet but I plan to soon.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with @sosousage

Obviously the gym is #1 but give nofap a serious try. I’m on day 60 and I’ve found that my stress/anxiety has greatly reduced. I know all too well the feeling of having to put on a fake persona of “coolness” but in these last 60 days it’s become less and less of a need for me.

Just this past weekend my buddies who live below us had a pregame party before we all went to the bars and I found myself entertaining other people and making them laugh without trying so hard. Just came naturally.

YMMV but I’ve found some success and will continue to ride it out.

Also I’ve read meditation helps a lot with training your brain to live in the moment rather than overthinking shyt.

Haven’t started it yet but I plan to soon.
I have only done nofap for one week. I'll try doing it for longer.

I also need to work on my confidence. Anytime I get rejected, or I see another guy get with a girl that rejected me, I feel my confidence get crushed. At that point to tend to go into confusion why they rejected me, cause I know I'm a good looking guy.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have learnt that stress and anxiety are affecting my life, and have recently made it my mission to significantly reduce them.

I tend to worry a lot during social interactions, whether I am coming across the way I want to. For example I worry if I'm coming across as unlikable or awkward at times.

I sometimes tend not to voice my opinions, because I worry if people may harshly judge them.

I feel like I cannot truly be myself because people will not like me. I think that in order to get many friends or girls I need to project a fake persona of coolness.

Does anyone have this problem, or overcome it? Do any of you have useful tips or advice to share to overcome this?
Do stuff that raise your confidence.
What activities makes you feel better about yourself ?

To reduce stress:
1. Eat well (reduce sugar and salt)
2. Workout (at gym or cardio: running/jogging/swim)
3. Sleep well (go to bed early - aim for a 7-8 hours of sleep - no computer and electronic screen 1 hour before bed as they mess you up)
4. Take melatonin (sleeping aid bills that increase your iron - airline pilot use that to fight jetlag and it's a over counter pills so no md advice needed, just talk to pharmacist)
5. Eliminate stress sources (bad people, bad news, bad job)
6. Give yourself some time to do other things (outside of routine)
7. Stop taking everything so seriously or needy.. People are alot more focused about themselves than you think... they don't care about what you do.
8. Practice to overcome your issues (talk to girls for fun, talk to guys for fun).. The more practice, the more natural and easy it becomes.
9. Dress well - improve your image (clean shave, clean teeth, nice hair, good clothes, well-dressed in style)... if your image improve so will reaction of others but also your own reaction Towards yourself. - A guy who dress well is a guy who value himself
10. Just do it, your the most important persons and you'll feel better doing it than regretting staying in the audience.

Here's my 10 tips.

I used to worry alot about opinions of others until I realized the only opinion that matters is your own, and others are far too busy with their own live to "ever have opinion time about you" and if they do: it's usually alot more positive than you imagine

Oh and action will always give you a positive opinion (like you the guy who dared to approach 10HB girl at the bar while everyone stared...).

They will remember more the action/approach than the results (if you pickup or not). More reasons to approach

And remember how improving and action makes you feel good. It's quite motivating

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I also need to work on my confidence. Anytime I get rejected, or I see another guy get with a girl that rejected me, I feel my confidence get crushed. At that point to tend to go into confusion why they rejected me, cause I know I'm a good looking guy.
let them fall in love first = zero rejection

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cortisol stress hormone is a killer.

Try a variety of things. My life includes the following:

• Meditation
  • Yoga
  • Hiking
  • Jogging
  • Exercise
    • Calisthenics
    • Weight training
    • Rings
  • Sex
We were once in nature all the time. We were active. We hunted for food. We're now lazy. Everything is there. Its easier to be a slob and follow the beaten path.

Try the following. Yoga is great BTW. Tons of baee too.

EverSure75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some good responses above imo.

Transcendental meditation has helped tremendously with my anxiety over the last few months. I learnt the technique in my early 20s as a student (its way cheaper to learn as a student)and practiced it intermittently over the years.
I picked it up again in March and have been doing it twice a day everyday since. The effects have been gradual and cumulative but I’m in much better shape mentally and emotionally now than in March. I owe a lot of that to TM.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

No Fap is helping me on dates.

I’m way funnier and just smoother on NoFap. Went out with HB 8 in Santa Monica on Friday, didn’t initiate any Kino at all, just acted like I’m the boss and she kept trying to extend the date every time I tried to go home. Gonna try 90 days and lifting 6 times per week.

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

About 5 months ago i was exactly the same. It was difficult for me to hold a flowing conversation that lasted longer than 5 minutes because I was so worried about what I was going to say next was going to be interesting to the other person that I was only physically present in the moment.

From january to mai I was studying abroad. I went by myself so I was forced to interact with people if I didn't want to spend the semester alone. So i had to leave my comfort zone.

Since then it clicked for me. It has become natural now, It becomes addictive meeting new people once you manage to leave that state.

What did it for me was the fact I was there on my own and I told myself it doesn't matter what they think of me I'm probably never going to see these people again when I get home. And guess what, there are dozens of people I met who i want to stay in contact with.

It's insane how much 4 months can change a person, I really did not expect that. In addition to being more self confident now I also find it way easier to read body language and tell the mood of a person I am interacting with.

This may not be a tip but I know how difficult it is, it took me years to get out of that state.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should really try 0 carb diet i feel like on drugs its so powerful. my brain is 200% more active 24/7 and more motivated/happy
What are you mainly eating on a daily basis for breakfast lunch and dinner?

Isn’t it hard to have the energy to lift without carbs?

I’ve also read that low carbs correlated with low testosterone. BS?

Genuinely interested.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
What are you mainly eating on a daily basis for breakfast lunch and dinner?

Isn’t it hard to have the energy to lift without carbs?

I’ve also read that low carbs correlated with low testosterone. BS?

Genuinely interested.
first month will be tough but afterwards should be easy

also, i dont have a source but i think fats help your testosterone.

im mainly eating eggs, sausages and meats. some veggies ham cheese etc.

but like really theres so much difference you should just try it. i was always a slim guy but guys use keto diets (low carb diet or no carb) to go from 300lbs to 150lbs without problems just following keto diet. its great for getting ripped, while there shouldnt be any issues if you want to bulk

but honestly im most happy from the brain effects, i used to drink 2-4 coffees daily and always after second coffee i started feeling like chit. demotivated, tired physically and mentally, like just sitting there not being able to find force.

with keto diet i can drink 5 coffees easy daily no side effects im fully productive and creative (milion ideas daily) assuming i drink the last one before 6pm otherwise i wont be able to sleep.

i think carbs have something to do with feeling like chit cuz its sugar