"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Was I used by this girl?

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
I casually dated a girl on and off for a year(I know this was dumb). She started going through rough financial times and she asked me for money. I helped her and she started ghosting and flaking on me. When I addressed she said she was depressed and wants to be alone. Eventually after me arguing with her saying that I don’t feel appreciated, she dumped me for good claiming that I’m hanging **** over her head too much and I keep briging up the favors I did for her; I helped her financially three times, twice for rent and once for helping her buy things she needed for work. I gave her money to overturn her eviction notice; I saved this girl’s life!!! I didn’t mind doing so cuz she invested in me, bought me gifts ,dinner and the like. All I wanted to do was continue seeing her. Is it too much to ask that she doesn’t flake w/o a word or ghost me. What’s the lesson here? Not asking for sympathy. I know I ****ed up.
The lesson is don't worry about her. Cut ties. She did not deserve your help. Never help her again no matter what.
What do you do with a parasite? Remove it!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top