Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Waking up early is it worth it

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been reading alot lately about getting up early life 530 or earlier just wanted to know your thoughts :)

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you start a second thread on this?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
You have to do what works for you.

Have a specific plan and purpose for getting up early. Maybe you want to clean the kitchen, hit the gym and study XYZ subject. That’s fine. Pick a time that suits your goals.

Otherwise, you’ll be on SS early in the morning lol.

Last edited:

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you start a second thread on this?
First, I agree with this.

Been reading alot lately about getting up early life 530 or earlier just wanted to know your thoughts
Second, I think it's more important to get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what time you get up/go to bed.

Third, what ever you do, make it consistent, make it a routine. Do the same thing every day. This will give clarity, an idea of what's ahead the next day. Before you know it you have your tomorrow planed and filled with activities until the end of the evening.

And when you get up in the morning, do as Marcus Aurelius did (read his book Meditations, considering the subject this seems to be something you are interested in):

"At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: “I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm? ""

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried it and the benefit is limited , no studies found that prove waking up early has any benefit , infact if you are not getting enough sleep you will get into health problems

mitaliwebratna

Reaction score
Obviously worth it! Because of a busy schedule and stress, no one can give time to family as well as not maintaining health so it is the best remedies to stay healthy and stress-free. So wake up early and enjoy your life with your family.:)

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Second, I think it's more important to get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what time you get up/go to bed.

Third, what ever you do, make it consistent, make it a routine. Do the same thing every day. This will give clarity, an idea of what's ahead the next day. Before you know it you have your tomorrow planed and filled with activities until the end of the evening.

And when you get up in the morning, do as Marcus Aurelius did (read his book Meditations, considering the subject this seems to be something you are interested in):

"At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: “I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm? ""
Nice

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Second, I think it's more important to get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what time you get up/go to bed
This ^

Waking up early is overrated. Getting a full night's sleep is underrated. I used to wake up at 6AM so I could get to my office at 8AM and get a head start on work. Going to bed at 10-10:30PM, I would rarely get a full 8 hours, and found that I wasn't being terribly productive at my desk pre-9AM and I would need extra coffee to get going, which would then crash me in the afternoon.

I've since started waking up at 7AM, and getting to the office at 9 fully rested, energized and alert from a full night's sleep. I am much more productive and get a lot more done. The extra hour at my desk in the morning doesn't make me get more done. The extra hour of sleep does.

Different people have different sleep requirements. I need 8 hours. Not 7, not 7 and a half. The full 8. So waking at the a$$crack of dawn is counterproductive for me. And there's no such thing as 'training' yourself to need less sleep. Sleep is precious and underrated. Be greedy with your sleep.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve got up at 5am for about 20 years. I love the morning. Gym is empty. You’re prepared for the day long before others.

most people I know rush out at 8, and watch TV till 12. I am usually in bed by 9.30.

you miss feck all 9-12pm. Nothing happens, unless you are partying. Literally the most useless hours of the day.

in my prime, I had meditated, exercises, cooked a healthy breakfast and studied work stuff by 7.30. The rest of the day is free and when you’re done working, you’re done for the day.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

nice more into socartes

DJnoob

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This whole getting up 530 in the morning is just to make u feel like "you are disciplining yourself" and showing yourself you've set a small goal this can lead to you accomplishing bigger goals.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I love it. These days, do to my work, I’m in bed By 8:00 and up at 3:30 during the week. Up by 5 or 6 when I’m off.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not quite true. While getting your 7-8 hours is important, following the circadian rhythm is crucial. You sleep when it's dark, you're active during daylight.
All the miserable, sick people working night shifts is a good example of what happens when you go against nature.