Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Video Games anyone?

I'm Charming

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
So I had the system sent from Dell with the 512MB Radeon ATI HD 3870 card which is definitely not as good as yours Andy
Actually it's quite a bit better. :yes:

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Well I had to go cheap for the time being little buddy but the idea at the time I was buying it was that I'd spend the dough for the core essentials such as a highly upgradeable for gaming PC with an awesome CPU and a ton of RAM and I thought I'll just get a better videocard in a year or two when it'll be necessary again and I'll have more cash to spend.

So I had the system sent from Dell with the 512MB Radeon ATI HD 3870 card which is definitely not as good as yours Andy but should get me by just fine for a while and it runs Mass Effect about as good or better than the Xbox 360 so thats pretty impressive for it I think.
Actually I think thats a good idea. I have an HP media computer with Vista Home Premium, no where near a gaming computer. I left everything the same, I added 4gb of RAM and my 8600gt. It runs games very well, with all those awesome parts on your computers inside, all you really need to do is upgrade the gfx card and your set with an awesome computer.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna kidnap you and we're gonna play a game of chess, HBK.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got a ps3 an i absolutely love metal gear solid 4. best game i have ever seen or played.

gta 4 is alright, motorstorm is pretty cool too.

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Leipzig starts tomorrow if you guys are interested. Leipzig is a game convention in I think Germany. I know Sony is going to announce some new stuff. Microsoft is probably not gonna show anything new, but will most likely give out new info on Fable 2/ Gears 2/ and Banjo.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got Fable 2 and Gears 2 on pre-order even though I fear like the first one Fable 2 will suck.

I hope it doesn't though.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my PC:
22" high def monitor
3.0 intel core 2 duo
9600 gt
3.5 gigs of RAM
accelerated hard drive (i forgot the exact speed)
mx 518
steelseries Qck

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
I've got Fable 2 and Gears 2 on pre-order even though I fear like the first one Fable 2 will suck.

I hope it doesn't though.
To me the first Fable didn't suck it was just really short. I really hope Fable 2 is a great game because I loved the first one. Gears is just Gears. They are going to polish the single player/multiplayer and it will be a great game. I just hope the single player in Gears 2 is better than the first one.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
SO I guess I'll be playing Warhammer online come september. If anyone wants to join me and a couple of my buddies your more than welcome. we have a vent server for chat and everything.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i own a xbox 360 and for being 21 I probably play way to much. But its a great way to wind down after a day of work. Playing online against people is so much fun.

I mostly play Call of Duty 4, but also lots of Halo 3, GTA 4, Guitar Hero 2, and MLB 2k8

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Motion said:
But then again I cant really make presentations, surf the internet, use Word, itunes etc on a frickin Xbox. Im not exactly rich (atm) so its not like I can even afford a "fun machine", which i probably wouldnt be able to use that often either. Also, you make it sound like the only use of a computer is gaming, which ofcourse is extremely wrong. I have never done a major update on my computer (its pretty new though). So yeah. A computer IS a better investment. Of course, if your rich or spoiled, enjoy your funbox, but it serves one purpose: FUN (Like other guy mentioned in reply to me). I can get the same amount of fun from my computer. Or living life outside a screen.

Btw: Spending a 100 bucks++ on a new game everytime you want one and expenses for TV and accessories for console isnt exactly cheap either.
Umm, I never implied that the PC is for games only. Heck the reason that I even own a console and don't game on the PC is because my PC is simply not powerful enough to play games on, but it is obviously powerful enough to go online etc. Everything you said can basically be done on a 500Mhz PC. Of course you can't play new games on it. And that's the point of my post. If somebody wanted to play new current games, then they need it to be at least the high midrange and buy new parts about every 4 years. You completely misunderstood my argument.

"But then again I cant really make presentations, surf the internet, use Word, itunes etc on a frickin Xbox."

But you can on a PS3 if you install Linux. I would not be surprised if the next Xbox and or Playstation lets you install the next version of Windows on them. I think the gaming and PC industry would completely change if the next Xbox, the Xbox 720 lets you install the next Windows OS, Windows 7 on it.

As for me not playing PC games I take that back. The only PC game I've ever played is World of Warcraft. My only computer is a notebook and it's just powerful enough to be a bit above the recommended requirements. I haven't played WoW in a year but I'll be back when Litch King comes out and I'll probably last a few months before I get bored of it.

I'd like to try Age of Conan and Warhammer, but I will not buy a game without trying it out first.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got it and have finished it Andy.

Its a fun game but pretty much more of the same as far as GTA goes.

Nothing really new or innovative.

Basically its a standard new game series update.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Cool man Ill probably get it pretty soon

Hey K-X have you ever heard of Frys Electronics? Im not sure if there is one where you live, I also dont know your budget but I was at Frys the other day and I saw a GeForce 9600gt 512mb PCI-E for 140 dollars with a 30 dollar rebate. Thats a bargain because I get my 8600 for 200 bucks, and a 9600 is a very nice card, just thought id let you know because its a pretty good deal IMO.

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Frys electronics is a great store. Everytime I go down to the states I visit one of those stores and check out any deals they got. Got meself a camcorder last time :up:

Will be going down to the states again tomorow. :)

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh heh make sure you never say that on a videogame board San Jose California.

The Nintendo fan lemmings run damage control like no tomorrow and prop up delusional beliefs about some of Nintendo's worst decisions ever being good.

When everyone sane knows that most of Nintendo's decisions are horrible.

ssj4halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
super smash and rock band. Pretty much it. However, I am waiting for starcraft 2!!

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
When everyone sane knows that most of Nintendo's decisions are horrible.

I guess that's why the Wii is the highest-selling console of the three, huh?