Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Video Games anyone?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I guess that's why the Wii is the highest-selling console of the three, huh?"

Actually it may be the current fastest selling but I believe for installed userbase 360 owns both Wii and PS3 currently.

And also I wouldn't be proud of who is buying the Wii in those high numbers if I were you which is namely old people, little kids and soccer moms.

Those demographics and the products Nintendo is creating for them do nothing whatsoever to elevate and advance gaming.

Nintendo is going backwards and dumbing things down while Sony and M.$ are moving forward with better gameplay, better graphics and more powerful systems.

The hardcores stay with Nintendo for idiotic brand loyalty the company hasn't lived up to since SNES.

The Wiimote isn't so much innovation as it is a gimmick and a glorified oldschool arcade light gun.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
KontrollerX said:
"I guess that's why the Wii is the highest-selling console of the three, huh?"

Actually it may be the current fastest selling but I believe for installed userbase 360 owns both Wii and PS3 currently.

And also I wouldn't be proud of who is buying the Wii in those high numbers if I were you which is namely old people, little kids and soccer moms.

Those demographics and the products Nintendo is creating for them do nothing whatsoever to elevate and advance gaming.

Nintendo is going backwards and dumbing things down while Sony and M.$ are moving forward with better gameplay, better graphics and more powerful systems.

The hardcores stay with Nintendo for idiotic brand loyalty the company hasn't lived up to since SNES.

The Wiimote isn't so much innovation as it is a gimmick and a glorified oldschool arcade light gun.
Fvcken-A right!

The Wii itself is a gimmick. It's purely for those stuck in nostalgiac limbo who don't have the balls to game with big boys on Xbox Live or PSNation.

Although, The new Super Mario Brothers for the DS is off the hook!

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hilarious when all you have to do is drop the word Nintendo in a thread with certain "gamers" and they get absolutely furious and offended. Are you women or what?

Nintendo.

I've got about 30 Wii games and they all kick ass. Wii is basically the new PS2, a CRAP LOAD of games, sure there's heaps of **** but if you actually look, you find the best games out there for any tastes. For every Wii Fit and Carnival Games there's a Metroid Prime and Lost Winds.

Games are taking advantage of this new control scheme in different ways. Being more accessible isn't a bad thing unless you live in your parents basement and the only girls you want to see are the ones in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. Then on the other side, you've got the limitless possibilities of the controller giving birth to games that have not been possible until now.
but I believe for installed userbase 360 owns both Wii and PS3 currently.
You are wrong, it's a fact that Wii is now number one in every single major territory, both in sales of it's hardware and its games. Its sales momentum is actually getting stronger, after already being the fastest selling gaming system of all time. It hasn't even hit its peak yet. It's a great thing to watch this unprecedented phenomenon, both from a gaming standpoint and a market one. Pure dominance through disruption.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"It's hilarious when all you have to do is drop the word Nintendo in a thread with certain "gamers" and they get absolutely furious and offended."

It is pretty funny. Yeah though you should calm down dude. You getting all riled up over us not liking your favorite company Nintendo isn't going to help you avoid high blood pressure any.

"I've got about 30 Wii games and they all kick ass. Wii is basically the new PS2, a CRAP LOAD of games, sure there's heaps of **** but if you actually look, you find the best games out there for any tastes. For every Wii Fit and Carnival Games there's a Metroid Prime and Lost Winds."

The only good games out for the console are Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Corruption.

Thats it.

The rest are shovelware.

Well unless you want to count the Virtual Console games which are from past systems.

The VC is the true reason for Wii's massive success ie living in the past which is common of the typical Nintendo fan lemming.

Gotta give credit to Nintendo though for this business move.

They knew Nintendo fans were too stupid to understand how to operate an emulator and get all those same games for free on their PC with better controls and resolution.

They are an excellent company so far as recognizing and capitalizing on the stupidity of their fanbase and its blind foaming at the mouth loyalty.

"Then on the other side, you've got the limitless possibilities of the controller giving birth to games that have not been possible until now."

Which they are wasting on making oversimplified overpriced garbage Mii games instead of something cool like a Star Wars lightsaber game. Yeah you can point to Star Wars the Force Unleashed but its not specifically a lightsaber game nor is it an exclusive. Its going to have both better graphics and gameplay on PS3 and Xbox 360.

"You are wrong, it's a fact that Wii is now number one in every single major territory, both in sales of it's hardware and its games. Its sales momentum is actually getting stronger, after already being the fastest selling gaming system of all time. It hasn't even hit its peak yet. It's a great thing to watch this unprecedented phenomenon, both from a gaming standpoint and a market one. Pure dominance through disruption."

Many apologies for not being as big a nerd as the typical hardcore Nintendo fan and checking the sales figures hourly.

Anyway this is actually quite awful for the advancement of good complex game controls and graphics.

Thankfully the combined numbers of Xbox 360 and PS3 units sold still outdo Wii's numbers showing that the over all gamers who prefer advancement over cheap gimmicks and callous business practices are still going strong and are speaking with their wallets by buying those consoles over Wii.

So yeah dude you might want to put it back in your pants as the console wars are far from over.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
It is pretty funny. Yeah though you should calm down dude. You getting all riled up over us not liking your favorite company Nintendo isn't going to help you avoid high blood pressure any.

The only good games out for the console are Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Corruption.

Thats it.

The rest are shovelware.

Well, says so?

You?

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But there are people who feel the exact same way you do, except about the Xbox and Ps3.

Halo 3 is way, way overrated. I enjoyed playing through it, but it isn't the end-all mega-game people make it out to be. What you're failing to understand is that people have different tastes. I love the Xbox, but I also love the Wii. I defy anyone to pick up Smash Bros Brawl and put it down out of boredom. The Mario games are spectacular and nostalgic and are just so much fun to play in a way that Call of Duty 4 and other shooters won't match, no matter how good the graphics get.

Graphics aren't everything. You say gamers prefer advancement over cheap gimmicks?

Who was the first to come up with vibrating controllers? Nintendo.

Remote Controllers? Nintendo. and these are facts.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Fvcken-A right!

The Wii itself is a gimmick. It's purely for those stuck in nostalgiac limbo who don't have the balls to game with big boys on Xbox Live or PSNation.

Although, The new Super Mario Brothers for the DS is off the hook!

I guess in your opinion internet gaming = Balls? I don't get it.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Well, says so?

You?"

Me, Crimson, Karma and on and on...

"That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But there are people who feel the exact same way you do, except about the Xbox and Ps3."

Yep, plenty of old men and grandmas in rest homes just love the physical therapy aspect of the Wiimote. So what? I can think of a more fun activity and probably more therapeutic activity to do with one hand than swing a Wii remote around. Infact I'm sure that activity that will go unmentioned is exactly what Nintendo fans do in their spare time while they wait 6 months to a year to two years for one single decent good game to come out other than that shovelware crap like Elebits, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Wii Ski and the list of terrible over simplified games goes on...

Are you going to tell me Elebits is not shovelware? Seriously could you pass a lie detector test if you were asked "Is elebits shovelware?" and you said no. Would you pass such a test???

I don't think you and the majority of Nintendo hardcores would but you'd certainly be willing to lie your asses off about it until a machine told all of us what you really feel about the crap games your system is loaded with.

"Halo 3 is way, way overrated. I enjoyed playing through it, but it isn't the end-all mega-game people make it out to be. What you're failing to understand is that people have different tastes. I love the Xbox, but I also love the Wii. I defy anyone to pick up Smash Bros Brawl and put it down out of boredom."

I did just that after my buddy brought it over for us to play. And you call Halo 3 overrated?? Give me a break dude. The only reason any Nintendo fan buys this boring game is because of the name brand characters in it. Thats the only reason you guys buy it and pretend you are having fun with it. If it were a bunch of faceless characters and not Mario, Link and Zelda you guys would let it rot in the bargain bin of the local Target.

"Graphics aren't everything."

Never said they were I just said Xbox 360 and PS3 possess both better gameplay and better graphics than Wii which is a fact due to Sony and M.$ having more powerful systems. I understand being a Nintendo fan you are fully indoctrinated with the company's Kool-Aid and are attempting to run damage control and try to use your graphics wh0re shaming argument but its not shameful outside of hardcore Nintendo fan forums. Its common sense for a true gamer not loyal to any company to want to see the best graphics and gameplay possible for their dollar and you don't get both on Wii.

"You say gamers prefer advancement over cheap gimmicks?"

For now they do but if Wii's sales figures eventually eclipse PS3 and Xbox 360 combined not to mention PC gamer's sales figures who buy more mature titles as well then I guess gaming will of unfortunately shifted to the cheap gimmick being more popular than advancement of gameplay and graphics which will be a sad day for true gamers everywhere that don't base their loyalties on a company name but which companies are advancing the industry and moving it forward not back or off in a bad direction.

"Who was the first to come up with vibrating controllers? Nintendo.

Remote Controllers? Nintendo. and these are facts."

Actually all of this is irrelevant since all three console manufacturers have been hit with patent lawsuits over various controller functions and all of these companies have either had court preceedings or privately settled with the company whose technology they stole.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, since you can't seem to get it through your head that I like both the Xbox AND the Wii and have spent many hours playing on both...I'm just going to refer you as the "Xbox fan".

KontrollerX said:
Yep, plenty of old men and grandmas in rest homes just love the physical therapy aspect of the Wiimote.
......I don't even know what to say to that. You think the Wii was invented so that people could EXERCISE? Do you see people buying consoles to work out their thumbs? The Wiimote was invented to revolutionize the way people play video games by allowing a full range of movement, for people to swing swords, bats, to throw punches, spin, swing, twirl, whatever. I'd say its been doing that pretty well. You Xbox fans cant realize that, huh?

KontrollerX said:
I don't think you and the majority of Nintendo hardcores would but you'd certainly be willing to lie your asses off about it until a machine told all of us what you really feel about the crap games your system is loaded with.
Again...a matter of opinion. There are crap games on every console. But there are plenty of people who love the games you so passionately call crap. Oh, you Xbox fans...

KontrollerX said:
Give me a break dude. The only reason any Nintendo fan buys this boring game is because of the name brand characters in it. Thats the only reason you guys buy it and pretend you are having fun with it. If it were a bunch of faceless characters and not Mario, Link and Zelda you guys would let it rot in the bargain bin of the local Target.
Well gee, when my friend went and got the game after it came out about 7 of us rotated playing a crazy 4 free-for-all for hours. And half the characters I didn't even know existed, beyond the basic characters like Mario, Yoshi, etc. it was the gameplay. The GAMEPLAY. It's fast paced, addictive, chaotic, and exciting. Easily the most enjoyable game I've ever played, even more enjoyable than GTA.

KontrollerX said:
I understand being a Nintendo fan you are fully indoctrinated with the company's Kool-Aid and are attempting to run damage control and try to use your graphics wh0re shaming argument
Just because this is what you do on the Xbox forums, doesn't mean when all do it ! :cuss: :crackup:

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Well, says so?

You?"

Me, Crimson, Karma and on and on...
You shouldn't play the numbers game when the majority of the world disagrees. And you made a pretty big idiot out of yourself dissing Elebits, which is actually a great game with a LOT of love put into it, hardly a 1 month cash grabbing piece of "shovelware". Also made by the same company as Metal Gear Solid 4 which has been praised here. I bet you thought nobody had played it? Talk about backfiring LOL.

This guy is clearly clueless and just trying to start something HolyG, when someone contradicts their own points it's all emotion fueled, don't waste your time.

LOL. I think this thread took a bad direction. How about those videogames huh? They're fun. Current games i'm digging are Soul Bubbles, Battalian Wars 2, and of course Mario Kart Wii. Looking forward to De Blob, Wario Land and Race Pro. :)

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you would be able to pass a lie detector test if you were strapped into one and answered no to the question "Do you think Elebits sucks?"

If you notice your buddy completely skipped answering my question about it which just goes to show you Nintendo fan drones get tired of lying at times so another one of you just comes right along and continues the lying where the other one left off or side tracks things with a passive aggressive insult or basically anything else to take the focus off the sh!tty Nintendo game in question.

As for Elebits I too have played it and that is how I know it is bad for a fact.

Not only because it is kiddy but because it has poor collision detection.

Not that quality is a concern for Nintendo considering its fans will buy any shovelware as long as its for a Nintendo system.

"This guy is clearly clueless and just trying to start something HolyG, when someone contradicts their own points it's all emotion fueled, don't waste your time."

Says the guy who was really trying to start something with this little inflammatory garbage here...

"It's hilarious when all you have to do is drop the word Nintendo in a thread with certain "gamers" and they get absolutely furious and offended."

So yeah stop trying to play the innocent.

You are just as much a flame baiting message board warrior damage control expert Nintendo fanboy as any hardcore that froths at the mouth over that company that hasn't delivered anything good since SNES.

And yeah if I ever actually do contradict myself it'd be nice if you'd point it out to me instead of doing what you are doing now which is called oh I don't know...

MAKING SH!T UP!

"Also made by the same company as Metal Gear Solid 4 which has been praised here. I bet you thought nobody had played it? Talk about backfiring LOL."

Konami wasted their valueable time developing a dumbed down poor collision detection game when they could've been working on something thats you know...actually compelling.

And so what its the same company that developed MGS4?

Elebits is a dumbed down baby game and Wii exclusive for that reason.

Its not like it was made for any other company's console.

You're reaching pretty far if you got the contradiction idea out of that.

"Again...a matter of opinion. There are crap games on every console. But there are plenty of people who love the games you so passionately call crap. Oh, you Xbox fans..."

The difference is you Nintendo hardcores defend to the death every crap game that is on your console of choice unlike the rest of us who say a game on our own main console is crap such as Too Human. Man that game sucks. See how that worked? Now if Silicon Knights had stayed with Nintendo and released it for Wii I'd be getting into 10 page arguments with you and MandiNfanboy arguing against it being crap because you Nintendo fans just cannot stand any games on your system being bad because it threatens the image you all have in your minds of Nintendo being perfect.

The main point is Nintendo diehards don't let anything go as a passing comment, every game no matter how sh!tty must be defended to the death if it appears on your console and that is what I find so pathetic about you fans in particular and pretty much the rest of the online community that are not diehard Nintendo fan drones feels the same way.

Last edited:

ssj4halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am very dissapointed with Wii. I owned a Nintendo, Supner NIntendo, N64, Gamecube, and now a Wii. I am seriosely a "big a** fan of nintendo" Anyways, I have to admit. I lost intrest in the Wii games. There are good ones, but just like 5 of em..

If you go to gamespot.com or wherever, there are more "9/10" games on ps3 and xbox 360 than wii. I c ant believe Im saying this but the Wii sucks now :/

I have moved on to the xbox 360 :]. Even though I don't really play that much videogames anymore.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
So you would be able to pass a lie detector test if you were strapped into one and answered no to the question "Do you think Elebits sucks?"

If you notice your buddy completely skipped answering my question about it which just goes to show you Nintendo fan drones get tired of lying at times
I didn't answer 1 question of yours...while you didn't even answer 1 of mine...seems more than fair.

KontrollerX said:
You are just as much a flame baiting message board warrior damage control expert Nintendo fanboy as any hardcore that froths at the mouth over that company that hasn't delivered anything good since SNES.
Did the Nintendo CEO sleep with your mother or something? That would explain your irrational rage.

KontrollerX said:
The difference is you Nintendo hardcores defend to the death every crap game that is on your console of choice unlike the rest of us who say a game on our own main console is crap such as Too Human.
I can't even argue with you anymore. It's like you see the world in black and white, right and wrong, like a 11 year old boy, or a woman. You think there aren't fans of each console who are like that? You really think there aren't fans of Xbox who will defend every single game to the death?

You really think there aren't Nintendo fans who will acknowledge that some games suck.

Are you 12?

I'm Charming

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Wii would get more sales if they got lonely women into gaming via way of using the wiimote as a dildo for interactive Playboy mansion.

Wii - interactive sex for the uglies since 08'.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
my PC:
22" high def monitor
3.0 intel core 2 duo
9600 gt
3.5 gigs of RAM
accelerated hard drive (i forgot the exact speed)
mx 518
steelseries Qck
Is that a Core2Duo E8400?

The 9600GT is not too bad. Look at a HD4850 for a great budget. The HD4870 for best performance/price ratio. You get "free" 4xAA.

There's no such thing as an accelerated hard drive.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
HolyG said:
I guess in your opinion internet gaming = Balls? I don't get it.

Apparently much like a neutered dog you don't get it.

True gaming isn't waving around a fvcking wand like Harry Potter. It's about taking your skills to the "Next" level.

I'm Charming

Don Juan
Reaction score
True gaming? That sounds sad man. Gaming is just about chilling out, having a wind down, relaxing and having a bit of fun.

The idea that there is some "True" ideal or that there should be "Professional Gamers" is just stupid, when you play computer games you are participating in someone elses created reality for fun. It's a bit like reading a book, but you don't get "Professional Book Readers" do you, so being a professional gamer or true gamer is a stupid idea, and so is getting addicted to playing games.

The more you buy into someone elses reality the more you lose your own.

Gaming is fine in small doses, but when people talk about 'True gamers' or 'Professionals' - thats just jerking off over video games. Sad.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm Charming said:
True gaming? That sounds sad man. Gaming is just about chilling out, having a wind down, relaxing and having a bit of fun.

Gaming is fine in small doses, but when people talk about 'True gamers' or 'Professionals' - thats just jerking off over video games. Sad.
Quoted for truth. I pity some of the people on this site.

Squiggly Sponge

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't play video games that much anymore.

Really looking forward to Street Fighter IV on the consoles though. I wish I could game more these days though... can't afford a console and have a mac :(. It's an awesome hobby, there's a thrill you get from mastering your favourite game.