Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Video Games anyone?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm psyched for street fighter 4!

Friends who use to game with me in the past have explicitly txt me about playing this game because the mechanics haven't changed over 15 years. I've been a dominant street fighter player since the late 80's from arcades to consoles so this game apeals a great deal. Pvp there is no subsitue! Street Fighter wrote the book.

Only a few days more till the brawl continues!!!

lpite

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a PS3 eventually for MGS4, Gran Turismo 5 and anything else good and exclusive that might come out for it
Gaming is fine in small doses, but when people talk about 'True gamers' or 'Professionals' - thats just jerking off over video games

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't played Fallout 3 yet the game has my highest recommendation.

It plays like an updated even better playing version of Elder Scrolls Oblivion but with guns and is many things all at once in that if you want you can play it like a turn based RPG using the VATS system or you can literally have control of the action just like in a Halo or Gears of War game by pulling the right trigger and blowing someone's head off manually.

Its also both things at once in that you can choose to play it from either a third or first person perspective.

If it only had vehicles you could drive it as a series could probably come to top GTA or equal it in sales figures since the appeal of each game is quite similar ie a high degree of violence and chaos but the difference is Fallout 3's violence is much more well developed in that you can blow off individual limbs of your enemies and the graphics are better than seen in any GTA game to date.

So yeah thats pretty much it you can play the game pretty much any way you want to be it playing it to win it or just going around killing people and creatures and levelling up while exploring the wasteland or you could even play it like I am doing in that I always make my character as powerful and well equipped and stocked up on aid items as I possibly can and my current mission on my second playthrough with my good character is collecting as many rare and awesome weapons as I can.

There are two devastatingly powerful alien blasters you can get in the game one being named the alien blaster and the other falls from the sky after a UFO explodes completely in the air and you have to look around you and retrieve it as well as the alien power cells. The dog that you get from the scrapyard named Dogmeat really helps in finding the Firelance as it can be very difficult to find. The other alien blaster is always in the same place each time you start up a brand new game of Fallout 3 as its in a dedicated UFO crash location in the game where you find a dead alien body and a partially destructed UFO and when you are in the area of the crash site you get radiation readings and a new alien radio distress signal.

Bethesda seems to have gotten a better grasp of their radiant AI technology as well since you can find more random and awesome moments happening in Fallout 3 than you could in Oblivion.

So yeah definitely get this game if you like post apacolyptic game environments and a high degree of violence and survivalism bros. :up:

If you play it without cheats you get the feeling that the game is giving you just enough ammunition and guns to survive from encounter to encounter ie you get the feeling you are barely scraping by but being provided enough to do just that if you are careful.

Its an awesome awesome game. :rock:

Be aware though that only the PC and Xbox 360 as of now are getting the downloadable content which consists of extra missions and weapons. PS3 at least for the foreseeable future has been left out in the cold.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lpite said:
I'm thinking about getting a PS3 eventually for MGS4, Gran Turismo 5 and anything else good and exclusive that might come out for it
Gaming is fine in small doses, but when people talk about 'True gamers' or 'Professionals' - thats just jerking off over video games
Don't forget Killzone 2.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
For anyone who hasn't played Fallout 3 yet the game has my highest recommendation.

It plays like an updated even better playing version of Elder Scrolls Oblivion but with guns and is many things all at once in that if you want you can play it like a turn based RPG using the VATS system or you can literally have control of the action just like in a Halo or Gears of War game by pulling the right trigger and blowing someone's head off manually.

Its also both things at once in that you can choose to play it from either a third or first person perspective.

If it only had vehicles you could drive it as a series could probably come to top GTA or equal it in sales figures since the appeal of each game is quite similar ie a high degree of violence and chaos but the difference is Fallout 3's violence is much more well developed in that you can blow off individual limbs of your enemies and the graphics are better than seen in any GTA game to date.

So yeah thats pretty much it you can play the game pretty much any way you want to be it playing it to win it or just going around killing people and creatures and levelling up while exploring the wasteland or you could even play it like I am doing in that I always make my character as powerful and well equipped and stocked up on aid items as I possibly can and my current mission on my second playthrough with my good character is collecting as many rare and awesome weapons as I can.

There are two devastatingly powerful alien blasters you can get in the game one being named the alien blaster and the other falls from the sky after a UFO explodes completely in the air and you have to look around you and retrieve it as well as the alien power cells. The dog that you get from the scrapyard named Dogmeat really helps in finding the Firelance as it can be very difficult to find. The other alien blaster is always in the same place each time you start up a brand new game of Fallout 3 as its in a dedicated UFO crash location in the game where you find a dead alien body and a partially destructed UFO and when you are in the area of the crash site you get radiation readings and a new alien radio distress signal.

Bethesda seems to have gotten a better grasp of their radiant AI technology as well since you can find more random and awesome moments happening in Fallout 3 than you could in Oblivion.

So yeah definitely get this game if you like post apacolyptic game environments and a high degree of violence and survivalism bros. :up:

If you play it without cheats you get the feeling that the game is giving you just enough ammunition and guns to survive from encounter to encounter ie you get the feeling you are barely scraping by but being provided enough to do just that if you are careful.

Its an awesome awesome game. :rock:

Be aware though that only the PC and Xbox 360 as of now are getting the downloadable content which consists of extra missions and weapons. PS3 at least for the foreseeable future has been left out in the cold.
The difficulty of the game depends on your play style.

I've played 3 times now, each with a completely different style and all at "very hard" difficulty. my first was a sniper, the second was a big gun maniac, and the third was a stealthy explosive expert.

Sniper was kinda hard, Small Guns don't have the heavy punch needed for the big enemies. the main quests were hard, but surviving the wasteland was easier as long range won all. this also included high energy weapons but plasma was hard to aim at range.

Big guns was fun, but hard in the ammo department. constantly having to sell everything you find to afford ammo is annoying. But nothing beats tearing a Deathclaw apart with the "Vengeance" Gattling laser :D

Once i got a high stealth though, it was ridiculously easy. Especially after getting Op Anchorage and the chinese stealth suit, i could clear an entire building of super mutants or enclave heavy shock troops with nothing but a dart gun, silenced 10mm pistol, and frag grenades i'd sneak onto them to blow my enemies pants off! :D

i have to admit, i really REALLY liked the stealthy approach. it made me think about my actions a hell of a lot more and i enjoyed sneaking around much more.

Broken Steel looks like it's gonna rock, up to level 30!!

ohsnap

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just Guitar Hero and Zelda: Ocarina of Time (n64).

Guitar Hero is pretty much endless hours of fun. Beat easy >> beat medium >> beat hard >> beat expert >> improve scores on expert >> perfect songs >> blow your friends away at your parties.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ yea. I get the feeling that they hired real life writing for Uncharted whereas something like Killzone 1-2 just brought in a random guy off the street who liked videogames

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL I was raised on video games... My dad was a gamer before I was born so I kinda was pushed to it :whistle:. Started when I was 3 or something, here's a list of my favorite games

Sega 16 bit:
Phantasy star, all of em
Master of monsters
Kings bounty
Sonic
Shinning force 2
Altered beast

Old nintendo:
bomberman

gameboy:
clearly, pokemon, stupid television show, super game. Quite like masters of monsters

Super nintendo:
Chrono trigger

PS:
final fantasy 7 and 8
Cool boarders 3
Dragon ball Z

PC:
Starcraft (good game, good story, what can I say... looking forward to next one)
Fallout 1 & 2 (Loved the fact that you could help people then kill em :cool: I was so evil)
Diablo 1 & 2
Might and magic 6
Heroes of might and magic 2 & 3
World of warcraft (alwayse been with ups and downs... not much of a goal ingame)
Half life: Counter-strike, team fortress clasic, fire-arms
Warcraft 2 & 3 (fun games, nice player made fun maps also)

Lol ye those must be my favorites... I was/am such a nerd :D, that wasen't half the list of what I gamed so far... Mostly looking forward to Starcraft 2 and diablo 3, I was sad to hear that fallout 3 is a shooter... :C loved the turned based 3rd person gameplay, Ow well, haven't played it so can't judge it.

I'm lucky I'm in college, only play a few hours during the weekend when I'm home, rest of the time I'm to busy with partying and doing crazy stuff with my frat

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
I want to get a PS3 just so I can play this sick looking game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/extended-warzone-uncharted-2/49329#comments_top
E3 is just around the corner and every major company will be announcing new games. E3 is starts June 1st I believe. The Microsoft conference is June 1st and the Sony and Nintendo conferences are June 2nd. There are a ton of rumors going around.

Like Microsoft unveiling a new motion camera that works like the Wii motion controls but without the controller, Crackdown 2 is supposedly being worked on, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell should be there. They are keeping a tight lid on things so far.

Sony supposedly is making a new PSP and it is supposed to be announced at their conference. There are also rumors that a new slim PS3 is going to be shown at their conference. Plus they should be showing their upcoming games like MAG, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, TRICO (I am hoping they show this game), God of War 3, etc.. The game I want to see is GT5. It should be epic. There is a rumor that GT5 is going to have over 600 cars and 90 tracks should be pretty sick.

I don't know much about Nintendo rumors so sorry Nintendo fans.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. This is the only game I'm jelouse that I don't have a PS3 for personally. Keep in mind there is one 10 feet away from my room so I still play it. I've been banging out solid ours of Killzone 2 when I'm not playing Bionic Commando on my 360 (I just got a new job managing club promoters and host so I got tons of money and even more free time after daftly monitoring my crew). It's the most fun you can have on line hands down. Where Resistance 2 failed Kill Zone dominates. I'm looking forward to the next few PS3 games and getting a slim PS3.

All good either way. Hail to the gamer. Spending money on games is way cheaper and better then spending money on p*ssy.

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Don't forget Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. This is the only game I'm jelouse that I don't have a PS3 for personally. Keep in mind there is one 10 feet away from my room so I still play it. I've been banging out solid ours of Killzone 2 when I'm not playing Bionic Commando on my 360 (I just got a new job managing club promoters and host so I got tons of money and even more free time after daftly monitoring my crew). It's the most fun you can have on line hands down. Where Resistance 2 failed Kill Zone dominates. I'm looking forward to the next few PS3 games and getting a slim PS3.

All good either way. Hail to the gamer. Spending money on games is way cheaper and better then spending money on p*ssy.
Yea it's awesome how games have evolved through the years. Killzone is pretty sick I have put a ton of hours into that game. Especially since nothing interesting is going on in my life at the moment. E3 is going to be fun. There are a ton of announcements that are going to be made in the upcoming months. If anyone is interested there is early footage of the TRICO game well supposedly team TRICO' S game you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3f...o-next-game-revealed/&feature=player_embedded

I hope this is the new game they are working on. I love the concept, but whatever they make should be awesome.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I only got a PS3 like 2 months ago, so i'm playing catch up with some games:
-Grand Theft Auto IV
-Madden 09
-Dead Space
-BioShock (Possibly one of the best games i've ever played)
-Street Fighter IV
-Sonics Sega Genesis (Good memories, alot of old Sega games)

PC:
-Team Fortress 2 (One of the most fun fvcking multiplayer games out there)
-Left 4 Dead
-Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some games that I've recently found good:

Braid (PC & Xbox)
Fallout 3
The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS)

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeBrown30 said:
I only got a PS3 like 2 months ago, so i'm playing catch up with some games:
-Grand Theft Auto IV
-Madden 09
-Dead Space
-BioShock (Possibly one of the best games i've ever played)
-Street Fighter IV
-Sonics Sega Genesis (Good memories, alot of old Sega games)
Also pick up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It's a fun game and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is coming out at the end of the year and it looks amazing. Look at the link DJDamage posted a post posts up.

Also I highly recommend getting Metal Gear Solid 4. It's the pinnacle of PS3 gaming. If you haven't played any MGS games then pick up Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection. It's MGS 1-3 for only $30. I just hope your PS3 can play PS2 games.

I've heard a lot of good thing about Fallout 3. I say wait a few months and pick up the GOTY version coming out in October. It will come with 5 expansion packs already on the disk so you don't have to buy them separately.