Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unpopular Opinion: I feel muscles are overrated.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This statement is true, but not the only truth. Many guys got bigger when they were forced to go lighter due to injuries...
Yes, both statements are actually true:

Strength = Size
Size =/= Strength

You can be big and not that strong. However, moving big weight requires the muscles to grow in size. Hence, work on Squatting 400 lbs before bvtching about poor leg development.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Pedrito0906
What we're dealing with is self-important nattys who think they're superior for not "cheating". As if juicing is akin to popeye eating a can of spinach. Not knowing (because they haven't done it themselves) is that one can juice to the moon, and still not improve if the other pillars (diet, training, recovery) are not in place and having GENETICS... Juicing only allows one to keep making newbie like gains. One still has to go just as hard as the nattys.....

edit: Changed nutrition to recovery

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Pedrito0906
What we're dealing with is self-important nattys who think they're superior for not "cheating". As if juicing is akin to popeye eating a can of spinach. Not knowing (because they haven't done it themselves) is that one can juice to the moon, and still not improve if the other pillars (diet, training, nutrition) are not in place and having GENETICS... Juicing only allows one to keep making newbie like gains. One still has to go just as hard as the nattys.....
Juicing is a personal choice. That’s not the issue in discussion. It is the copium “genetic” arguments. All able bodied (as in not physically disabled) men can achieve decent muscle aesthetic development. Few reach it, because most won’t put in the work.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This should end the conversation. Anyone with experience pre and post being fit with muscular definition (especially with noticeable shoulder to torso ratio) wouldn't seriously argue against this point.
Perfectly worded.

Maybe that's something that isn't mentioned. If you've never been ripped its easier to "carry yourself" when you are out of shape.

Going out of shape feels like going from having an abundance of money to completely broke. Someone who is always been broke will probably have more peace with that situation.

I also believe a good physique can be a great weapon in seduction. Makes you more eager to take your shirt off. Makes her more curious what's underneath your t shirt. Not much different from being eager to see what she looks like without those jeans.

This is an interesting video about one of the reasons why we have so much trouble with weight control nowadays; oil.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
No, let me rephrase this:

You have no right to complain about leg genetics if you can’t squat at least 400 lbs. You haven’t earned the right to complain. You need to lift more weight.

305 is peanuts. No wonder his legs are skinny. His form is probably crap too.

Wrong. Strength = Size.
Partially true, the foundation is going up in weights, progressive overload. But genetics play a big role. 305 lbs is not peanuts, show me a video of you squatting that much, also show your physique.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
@Pedrito0906
What we're dealing with is self-important nattys who think they're superior for not "cheating". As if juicing is akin to popeye eating a can of spinach. Not knowing (because they haven't done it themselves) is that one can juice to the moon, and still not improve if the other pillars (diet, training, recovery) are not in place and having GENETICS... Juicing only allows one to keep making newbie like gains. One still has to go just as hard as the nattys.....

edit: Changed nutrition to recovery
I thought about the genetics thing was BS too, until I juiced Test 650mg/w, NPP 500mg/w, EQ 500mg/w and Dbol 20mg/d. No matter how much weight I put on my calves, no matter how much I trained them, they grew a little, I went from 150 to 165 in 3 months, minimal fat increase. Still great gains for a 5'6" guy, but my calves grew minimal.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah 72h fasts are the way to go, way more benefits than 48, but 48 has way more benefits than 24h.

All the lean people I know automatically eat smaller amounts and less carbs/sugar. Only when I started doing it myself and seeing results I was like damn, this is all it takes huh.

Fasting/keto helps my mental health and allows me to work long periods focused, really fires up my brain. I also manage stress a lot better and problem solve/find solutions quickest. Although that could also be because I’ve stopped drinking and smoking. Fasting also allowed me to destroy my cravings for carbs/alcohol/drugs.

No I enjoy making myself as healthy as possible. At 33 I’m not getting any younger and I want to be in peak condition, I abused my body with substances for years.
Yeah man, once you get to or above 48 hours those extended fasts just shred the fat off. It’s ridiculous lol.

Combine that with portion control/CICO and activity, and you really can’t lose imo. Nearly impossible to be fat, or fail at cutting.

Glad to hear you’re getting the mental clarity from your fasts. I’ve heard of people getting that benefit as well. I think it helps with work too cause when you don’t have to worry about eating you have a lot of time freed up to grind.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are debating max squats? If your primary reason for lifting is to attract women, your focus should be on aesthetics. Do you think a women is going to choose the guy with a higher squat or the guy with a more attractive physique?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is exactly me also. I dig not cooking so often, and the clean-up. I notice people overeating during the day now.

I can verify. Now I have Dumbbells all over the place and a cheesy-bench in the living room. I use no system, just
Keep muscles constantly on the go. This is a good thread.
Yeah, not only does the fasting force you to eat in a deficit but it also minimizes your cooking and cleaning time. I find I don’t crave the junk food after a long fast. You can also eat big meals or go out socially while remaining in a deficit. So many benefits.

I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the old style of eating 5-6 small meals a day. Couldn’t pay me to do it lol

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Partially true, the foundation is going up in weights, progressive overload. But genetics play a big role. 305 lbs is not peanuts, show me a video of you squatting that much, also show your physique.
My pictures are on this forum.

You guys are debating max squats? If your primary reason for lifting is to attract women, your focus should be on aesthetics. Do you think a women is going to choose the guy with a higher squat or the guy with a more attractive physique?
If body fat is equivalent, the guy with the higher squat will have the more attractive physique.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My pictures are on this forum.

If body fat is equivalent, the guy with the higher squat will have the more attractive physique.
Strength is size for sure. I got wayyy bigger on Stronglifts than following those fluff and pump bodybuilding programs lol

Curious, do you plan on training for strength indefinitely to build the physique? As in your main focus being increasing your squat bench deadlift etc

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The statement lacks context. They are referring to steroid abusers. The average fit natty guy cannot get that muscular. It is impossible.
Ok, fair point.

Funny thing to me is how many people seem clueless to the fact that the majority of fitness influencers have physiques that are impossible to achieve without steroids.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Curious, do you plan on training for strength indefinitely to build the physique? As in your main focus being increasing your squat bench deadlift etc
I don’t “build” anymore. I just train to maintain health at this point. My max lifts were attained at my max body weight, which was 175 lbs in my late 20s. Now I am 5 years older and weigh 160. I have no intention of maxing out strength anymore. Though I still focus on major lifts (Squat, Deadlift, Press, Chin Ups) just with a LOT more cardio instead.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t “build” anymore. I just train to maintain health at this point. My max lifts were attained at my max body weight, which was 175 lbs in my late 20s. Now I am 5 years older and weigh 160. I have no intention of maxing out strength anymore. Though I still focus on major lifts (Squat, Deadlift, Press, Chin Ups) just with a LOT more cardio instead.
How tall are you? I'm 5-11.5" and fluctuate between 162-165. I'm pretty ripped but as you say it's impossible to get big without roids.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s what’s up.

I’m also glad that dumb trend of gym bros refusing to do cardio or “cardio burns muscle” is starting to die lol. Cardio Is such a useful tool on a cut in my opinion