Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unpopular Opinion: I feel muscles are overrated.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty sure half of those guys if not all, are using PEDs
They are just very lean, they don't look jacked at all no huge chests, just lean and ripped can achieve with good diet.

Also, I think OP is saying muscles in general are overrated, not mega-jacked, just working out being in shape, and having muscles. OP is like Jake, a weakling, scared of working out.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
They are in their early 20s, its pretty easy to make it work when your body is primed
They are just very lean, they don't look jacked at all no huge chests, just lean and ripped can achieve with good diet.
People think that the only ones on steroids are ones who are big and jacked, you'll be surprised how many people and young ones are on PEDs in the gym but don't look like bodybuilders.

I always say, if it was that easy to be like those guys naturally, all of us will have those physiques.

TimothyPrice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else believe men put far too much focus on muscles?

In my opinion, as long as you're not fat, you're good. So why not spend less time trying to get muscles and more time developing social skills?

I believe these are the most important factors (for pulling women at bars):

1.) Social Energy / Fun / Charisma
2.) Height
3.) Looks
4.) Money
5.) Muscles

In other words, I believe being tall and funny / high energy and charismatic will always outpull anything in a social environment.

Money doesn't matter as no one can really tell how rich you are at a bar, unless you're doing cheesy stuff like flashing brand name sh*t.
Muscles are nice but the ROI just doesn't seem to be there.

-

I'd trade an inch off my d*ck, a zero from my net worth, and 2 points from my looks to be the tall high energy funny guy.
(When I say tall I mean like 6'2"+ )
Yes and no. If I were trying to OLD a shredded physique for photos would make things a lot easier. I'm as shredded as I can be just to maximize my "hand" in my LTR. Plus it just feels good to be in shape. That being said, as with everything there are diminishing returns.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Women want the Strong stoic guy, let them do all the talking. Women are not really designed for intellectual conversation anyways.
Or a Chadlite extrovert that says, “Hey, great game last night; what was the final score?”

“My bf is so charismatic. He’s got a way with words, ya know?”

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or a Chadlite extrovert that says, “Hey, great game last night; what was the final score?”

“My bf is so charismatic. He’s got a way with words, ya know?”
Lol reminds me a douchebag that had status at school, I recall a day where he was in the garden with a small crowd around him and said something like "our team played like crap, Im really pissed off for those d1ckheads" and somehow the girls around found such concept really enlightning.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol reminds me a douchebag that had status at school, I recall a day where he was in the garden with a small crowd around him and said something like "our team played like crap, Im really pissed off for those d1ckheads" and somehow the girls around found such concept really enlightning.
Yeah exactly.

I have NO problem with women responding positively to comments that are truly funny and/or thoughtful/intelligent. It doesn’t matter who it’s from.

But when it’s something lame/cringey or unoriginal or 7th grade level at best, it’s so weird to watch their faces light up with smiles and roar in laughter ONLY due to the speaker’s LMS.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something I've come to understand but my "sperg" brain will never really accept is that people judge words by the status of the speaker and little else. There is some feedback -- saying something taboo can damage your status -- but almost nobody actually cares about ideas or substance per se.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something I've come to understand but my "sperg" brain will never really accept is that people judge words by the status of the speaker and little else. There is some feedback -- saying something taboo can damage your status -- but almost nobody actually cares about ideas or substance per se.
“It’s not what you say. It’s who says it.”

I’ll stop there. I’m preaching to the choir.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People think that the only ones on steroids are ones who are big and jacked, you'll be surprised how many people and young ones are on PEDs in the gym but don't look like bodybuilders.

I always say, if it was that easy to be like those guys naturally, all of us will have those physiques.
They are not a bunch of random guys, they are models/strippers, the top % in leanness/aesthetics. I have friends with bodies like that who gym 3/4 times a week naturally, sometimes they go weeks without gym, they eat small portions of proper food. They are always watching what they eat and have active lives (outdoor work). The reason we don't all look like that is that it's a massive sacrifice to maintain low body fat naturally.

Over Christmas I put on 9lbs and felt like ****, eating chocolate, carbs, alcohol, fast food with friends, no working out. I went on a 48 hour fast, hitting gym all week, back to no carb, lost 7lbs already. It's all diet man. I am going to touch 8% BF as a personal goal, take some pics for OLD, then chill at 15% maximum. It's hard work if you love food.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not a bunch of random guys, they are models/strippers, the top % in leanness/aesthetics. I have friends with bodies like that who gym 3/4 times a week naturally, sometimes they go weeks without gym, they eat small portions of proper food. They are always watching what they eat and have active lives (outdoor work). The reason we don't all look like that is that it's a massive sacrifice to maintain low body fat naturally.

Over Christmas I put on 9lbs and felt like ****, eating chocolate, carbs, alcohol, fast food with friends, no working out. I went on a 48 hour fast, hitting gym all week, back to no carb, lost 7lbs already. It's all diet man. I am going to touch 8% BF as a personal goal, take some pics for OLD, then chill at 15% maximum. It's hard work if you love food.
You sound like a girl... I believe you have reached the point where you care too much about your body...

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can over do anything, including muscles. The only way you get super-jacked is if you spend a lot of time in the gym. If you are doing that, then you are giving something up. You have to be fit (i.e. not fat, sloppy, or skinny), anything more than that is over kill. SO yeah... I agree with the OP list and order. Spend three days a week for about an hour doing weight training and that is really all you need.
You'd be astonished how many men would be overweight/obese with that training regimen.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscles are overrated both in regards to attracting women and more importantly overall health.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I like the way you diet handling those cheat days… we have pretty similar dieting philosophies tbh.

I hate it when dieticians say “oh, if you have a bad day or bad couple of days just get back on your normal diet and you’ll be fine.” Those cheat days are devastating and can completely stall your progress if you let them. Imo you have to compensate for them, Extended Fasting being the best way to do that. When I started doing that to eliminate any cheats I finally smashed my plateau. 48-72 hours is my extended fasting sweet spot, though I do aim to do a 100 hour fast. OMAD on the days that I do eat.

I used to think that “naturally lean/skinny” people were dieting perfectly and hitting their macros 100% of the time. But now, I don’t think they are, that’s another fitness industry myth. No one is hitting their diet 100% of the time. Skinny people indulge too, but the difference is they eat nothing or barely anything before and/or the event to compensate. So when you average out their weekly/monthly calories, they are still in a deficit and thus remain thin. I think a lot of “naturally lean” people are doing this instinctively. I have no clue why more bodybuilders/influencers don’t talk more about this, I think it’s critical to weight loss to have this skill.

So overall I think the best strategy for indulgences like that, expected or not, is to just compensate for it, usually through fasting.

Also, I’m not a Keto guy personally(I’m CICO + IF) but I am aware that Keto and extended fasting go really well together. The reason being that you’re already in Ketosis so it’s not as hard for your body to jump into an extended fast at all.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you do both? Bro, the average guy in this forum, no matter the amount of steroids he uses will never be a huge guy, cause genetics won't allow it. You think if you spent a lot of time in the gym, and with even steroid you look like Rony Coleman? The super jacked guys you see in bodybuilding shows are the top 0.1% of population, stop coping with "I don't wanna get jacked and have too much muscles" You'll never will anyways.

if we lack in height we have to make it up somewhere else

I am energetic, fun guy, but short, you can't have it all, get over it. If you're trying to get sympathy from members about not working out and feel good about yourself, this is not a "yOu Go GiRl" group, hit the gym and start practicing social skills.

Every time there is a thread about gyms, you seem angry or jaded, who hurt you? a gymbro stole your gf? :rofl:

I'm 33 and my test levels were low, I started on TRT last year, best fvcking thing ever happened to me, do it man, this is the fountain of youth.

Give this man a cookie, he gets it.

LOL who told you that man? What is the same who said apple cider makes you lose weight?

Testosterone is derivative of cholesterol, that's why when people do super low fat diets their hormones go out of wack and they lose libido.

This is bvll$hit, guys in here will never be "super jacked" no one in here has the genetic potential even with steroids to be that guy, all the guys you see on instagram are the top 0.1%

Sean Nalewanyj has great information

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I am Natural.

I'm not sure about competing.
I really don't like the look of a bodybuilder and the sacrifices that come with it .

I would rather have less size and a better gas tank for Muay Thai and boxing but my body is holding on to muscles ,even if I don't workout regularly.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the way you diet handling those cheat days… we have pretty similar dieting philosophies tbh.

I hate it when dieticians say “oh, if you have a bad day or bad couple of days just get back on your normal diet and you’ll be fine.” Those cheat days are devastating and can completely stall your progress if you let them. Imo you have to compensate for them, Extended Fasting being the best way to do that. When I started doing that to eliminate any cheats I finally smashed my plateau. 48-72 hours is my extended fasting sweet spot, though I do aim to do a 100 hour fast. OMAD on the days that I do eat.

I used to think that “naturally lean/skinny” people were dieting perfectly and hitting their macros 100% of the time. But now, I don’t think they are, that’s another fitness industry myth. No one is hitting their diet 100% of the time. Skinny people indulge too, but the difference is they eat nothing or barely anything before and/or the event to compensate. So when you average out their weekly/monthly calories, they are still in a deficit and thus remain thin. I think a lot of “naturally lean” people are doing this instinctively. I have no clue why more bodybuilders/influencers don’t talk more about this, I think it’s critical to weight loss to have this skill.

So overall I think the best strategy for indulgences like that, expected or not, is to just compensate for it, usually through fasting.

Also, I’m not a Keto guy personally(I’m CICO + IF) but I am aware that Keto and extended fasting go really well together. The reason being that you’re already in Ketosis so it’s not as hard for your body to jump into an extended fast at all.
Yeah 72h fasts are the way to go, way more benefits than 48, but 48 has way more benefits than 24h.

All the lean people I know automatically eat smaller amounts and less carbs/sugar. Only when I started doing it myself and seeing results I was like damn, this is all it takes huh.

Fasting/keto helps my mental health and allows me to work long periods focused, really fires up my brain. I also manage stress a lot better and problem solve/find solutions quickest. Although that could also be because I’ve stopped drinking and smoking. Fasting also allowed me to destroy my cravings for carbs/alcohol/drugs.

You sound like a girl... I believe you have reached the point where you care too much about your body...
No I enjoy making myself as healthy as possible. At 33 I’m not getting any younger and I want to be in peak condition, I abused my body with substances for years.

Last edited:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd be astonished how many men would be overweight/obese with that training regimen.
No one is overweight because of working out. They are overweight because they eat and drink too much. Or have a bad diet of junk food and garbage.

The most successful diet book anyone could ever write would be one page and contain the sentence "Stop eating too much cr@p."

I know people who look great and all they do is practice yoga every other day. They look great because they eat well.

Last edited: