Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tinnitus

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to an outdoor rave last Sunday, stood too close to the front/speakers and my ears were ringing ever since.

The left ear is back to normal, but it's Saturday now and the right ear is still ringing. I mainly hear it at night when I'm trying to sleep, during the day it's manageable/I forget about it.

I've been going to places like this for years and many times I've had the ringing for a couple of days but this one is nearly a week later.

I'm praying it goes away, I've read it could last another week, I think it's slowly subsiding. I've been reading up on it and some people have been suffering years, decades later.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't had this in years. I just stopped being around anything too loud :confused:
Yeah I'm avoiding any load noise, in the first few days I struggled to get to sleep, I've either gotten better or I'm coping better.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this?
I was an idiot one time and went to the firing range without ear protection... firing ear was 90% deaf for a couple days then went back to normal. It needs time to heal, just keep doing what you're doing.

If hearing damage is bad enough, it might never return - but they have tools to cope with that. Good luck buddy.

Redwood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I'm avoiding any load noise, in the first few days I struggled to get to sleep, I've either gotten better or I'm coping better.
I would say at least listening to ambient music would give you temporary relief.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have not but I was always a little concerned with it as a DJ since I had monitors blaring in my ear and my headphones turned up loudly for hours at a time...

Nothing happened luckily other than my hearing is a little worse than it would otherwise be.

I hope it resolves for you, I know people that have had it that said it was terrible...I mean Van Gogh cut his ear off to try and get it to stop...

Also know a humber of people who got this after they had COVID as part of "long COVID" symptoms...a few resolved after a couple months, a few others after a year and a few still have it 3 years later and it's gotten worse...

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No ringing for me. Mine happens to be the kind that hearing cuts out in one ear, temporarily. It has been going on for many years.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not but I was always a little concerned with it as a DJ since I had monitors blaring in my ear and my headphones turned up loudly for hours at a time...

Nothing happened luckily other than my hearing is a little worse than it would otherwise be.

I hope it resolves for you, I know people that have had it that said it was terrible...I mean Van Gogh cut his ear off to try and get it to stop...

Also know a humber of people who got this after they had COVID as part of "long COVID" symptoms...a few resolved after a couple months, a few others after a year and a few still have it 3 years later and it's gotten worse...
Long covid my ass lol. Why in the linked headlines in post #6 do the words "shots" and "vaccine" appear, and not the word "long"? We're talking Forbes and NBC news here...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Long covid my ass lol. Why in the linked headlines in post #6 do the words "shots" and "vaccine" appear, and not the word "long"? We're talking Forbes and NBC news here...
Umm...OK. Not sure what you are trying to argue as this was a well known issue before vaccines even came out. In fact all of these people had it when they got COVID in the first wave and a year before getting a vaccine, if they even got it.

Get off the soapboax dude...nobody wants to hear about that dumb sh!t anymore and your pseudoscience references.

Imagine if people acted like this with the prescription drugs that kill millions every year but nobody bothers to say a word about them. Literally every commercial for these drugs now has them playing happy music and scenes of people playing in a park with kids while reading off about the serious side effects including death.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
How many of them were/are fat?
Maybe half? One guy was in really good shape. He lifted regularly and did triathlons but ended up stopping due to issues he was having...basically he would try to start working out and he would get out of breath and his heart would be racing like he just ran on a treadmill for 45 minutes straight.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had moderate tinnitus for almost ten years, mostly from going to loud clubs in Vegas in 2014 (the worst offender being Haakisan) and blaring Royal Blood in my car for hours a day as a delivery driver. At least that's what I assume it's from, probably a genetic thing too.

I don't know if there's a cure really. I use earplugs + a loud ass fan to help me sleep at night. If i'm in total silence it's sometimes unbearable.

I've heard melatonin can help, not really sure if it made a difference.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Back in my youthful days before my retail career, I worked in more than one metal shop surrounded by very loud sounds. Some years after that life experience I noticed the tinnitus.
Had it ever since. Like 30 years. Life gives us bumps and bruises along the way and my tinnitus I consider a minor one …

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say at least listening to ambient music would give you temporary relief.
I was listening to white noise and podcasts to sleep early in the week, up until 1-2am (I usually sleep my 11pm) but it’s much more manageable now, thanks though.

I assume you're unvaxxed Murk?

Yeah I’m unvaxxed

It’s was legit driving me mad, anxiety, palpitations, I’ve kind of relaxed into it now, whether it stays or goes I’ve accepted my fate.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No ringing for me. Mine happens to be the kind that hearing cuts out in one ear, temporarily. It has been going on for many years.
How/why did it start?

Life gives us bumps and bruises along the way and my tinnitus I consider a minor one …
This is my gut feeling, lesson learned, I can deal with it.

Secretly hoping it goes (it’s faded a lot this past week).

Really makes you realise how much we overlook good health, even ears, eyes, smell.

I’ve looked into exercises like massaging and tapping the temples/back of head. Apparently it’s an electrical signal thing in the ear that’s been disrupted. I’m sure the elite have a remedy for this. I will find it!

Last edited:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Literally every commercial for these drugs now has them playing happy music and scenes of people playing in a park with kids while reading off about the serious side effects including death.
I stream a lot of sports from American tv and this is so true, family having a picnic while the voiceover speeds through 60 seconds of side effects including death, very surreal, I think to myself if you guys realise how twilight zone those commercials are? When I used to watch tv in the US it’s all insurance, medication, lawyer ads, kinda made me sick.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How/why did it start?
A combination of events in a short period: car accident, PTSD, lots of pistol gunfire and not always having my hearing protection on. I just thought I was losing my hearing, but I passed multiple hearing exams in the U.K. and back here in the states. Honestly, I always thought tinnitus was just ringing inside the ears...but there's another form of it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A combination of events in a short period: car accident, PTSD, lots of pistol gunfire and not always having my hearing protection on. I just thought I was losing my hearing, but I passed multiple hearing exams in the U.K. and back here in the states. Honestly, I always thought tinnitus was just ringing inside the ears...but there's another form of it.
Have you found anything to reduce it? Has it gotten better over time?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you found anything to reduce it? Has it gotten better over time?
Taking Vitamin A and NAC has reduced my PTSD and anxiety quite a bit. Israelis came out with their findings in rats that SAMe and Vitamin A reversed the epigenetics of those with the traits. SAMe hurt my stomach whenever I took the stuff, so I take NAC instead (even without the vit A bc that builds up QUICKLY). Now, I have tinnitus symptoms kind of frequent, but the other stuff has mostly disappeared.