Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thoughts on what's going on in Afghanistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is an embarrassment to the United States. We spent a trillion dollars for nothing. The crooked us defense contractors split the money with the crooked afghanis. We were paying salaries to soldiers who didn't exist.

When we let the fundamentalist nutballs win, it inspires more idiots to convert to nutballism and go blow stuff up. That's why all this matters. Now they will be recruiting to come join their terrorist state and wage jihad on the infidels.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was bound to happen. Could have happened in 2002 though. Would have saved us trillions in dollars and millions (?) in lives.

I remember some time in early October 2001 being at a gas station in Abington PA having a LONG argument about what would happen in Afghanistan. I was still Red White and Blue to the max fueled on righteous indignation about what happened a month earlier and ready for us to kick some Haji ass. An older vet (Desert Storm, not Vietnam) was calmly telling me that it would go down essentially exactly like it currently is although even he didn't think it would be 20 years. I questioned his Patriotism. Fvck was I dumb.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was a real war, Afghanistan would still be pock marked or even still smoldering. Being red white and blue should be about what’s best for our country as a whole.
We left Afghanistan smoldering, aren't you watching the videos? Didn't matter. People fighting for a paycheck or college aid are not going to beat people fighting for their country and beliefs.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We need to bring some of that cultural enrichment to the US, particularly in places like San Francisco. It's time to bring diverse groups together and foster an environment of tolerance....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
List of China's gains from the US's failures:

1) All those rare metals to power their tech industry
2) A corridor (pipeline) to Iran's oil
3) Access to the Arabian sea-Suez Canal- Mediterranean Sea to increase their trade presence in Europe
4) The ability to strike on India's western front
5) Access to Afghanistan's opium poppy fields to power their pharmaceutical industry

My goodness, China has accomplished what both the US and the Soviet Union failed to do.... and they never had to fire a round or spend a dime to do it....

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Afghanistan is the graveyard of empires. It was Ghengis Khan's only failed campaign. The Soviet campaign was basically the half-off deal that we just gave them. It's as if time stands still there and no one could plan from their extensive history. Clinton's failed mini-bombing of Tora Bora and other piss ant targets in 1998 was adorable, but didn't make much of a dent did it?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Big Foot,
I spent my first few years growing up in a little English Village...At the back of the classroom I remember a daunting print....It was of a Seriously Wounded British Army Offiser riding an equally battle scarred Horse,he was a Regimental Doctor,the only survivor to reach British India from an 1839? British Army totalling 23.000 that invaded Afghanistan...The graveyard of Empires indeed...After that they had the good sense to have many Wars with them for another 100 years,but after smacking them on the nose always pulling out again.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When we should have let them be and told all the unstable countries that if we get hit by their psychos, we will track down the country of origin and rip up all their infrastructure.

Are people really this uninformed? Never mind.
Yet people wonder around like robots. Completely ignorant of their world because they believe the information they are fed and keep driving division. We are weaker now than we have ever been.
Most of your posts smack of intelligence. However, I have to ask - are you seriously endorsing the official 9/11 narrative?

That's what it seems like.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the corporate media and their cronies care a helluva lot more than the American people do. This is not our problem…
The problem is that we involved ourselves there, supported a certain group of people, and now we're abandoning them. Arguably we're leaving them in a worst state than when we came. This is the exact sort of thing the Islamic people hate us for in the first place. This also makes us a look bad on the world stage, and will certainly cause doubt to our allies as to how much we're willing to support them.

You can say we shouldn't have been there in the first place, but that's a separate question, and doesn't change the situation now.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The minute the US pulled out, this was going to happen. The Taliban were happy to just wait in the shadows and lull the Americans to sleep until the opportunity arose for them to resurface and take back control.

Could have been 1 year, 10 years, 50 years, 100 years, etc. Unless the US was determined to stay there indefinitely, this was always the end result waiting to happen.

Sucks we spent so much time, money, effort, training and most importantly lives into something that fell like a house of cards once we pulled out.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Looks like the US is intending to bring potentially 30K Afghan Refugees over to the US...people with special SIV visas that helped the US while we were there...

At least that is something...normally we just leave the people there to face the wrath of the conquering forces and basically say "Thanks for your help and good luck, hope they don't execute you"

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The USA "sold" Afghanistan to Taliban after they had done a deal with the Russian & Chinese. The same way they sold South Vietnam to the Northern communists decades ago after Nixon shook hands with Mao Zedong.

So I don't really think it's a "failure" to the USA, more like a failure to the people of Afghanistan whose lives now are garuanteed to be sh!t for decades to come.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just another scripted event in the Matrix to keep you distracted from their chitstorm. It works cause you made this thread. If you let it go, it can't distract you.

A secret in life is focus our energy on ourselves. Our brains are not designed to constantly be exposed to the endless pit of news on a daily basis. The less we expose our minds to the troubles of the world, the more peaceful life becomes. Your brains not focusing it's energy on these distractions the Matrix is constantly "trying" to put our focus on.

The less cluttered the mind, the more connected you become with the universe. Turn your phone off, drive to a park and take a walk in the woods. Enjoy some peace, connect with mother nature, you deserve it.

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that we involved ourselves there, supported a certain group of people, and now we're abandoning them. Arguably we're leaving them in a worst state than when we came. This is the exact sort of thing the Islamic people hate us for in the first place. This also makes us a look bad on the world stage, and will certainly cause doubt to our allies as to how much we're willing to support them.

You can say we shouldn't have been there in the first place, but that's a separate question, and doesn't change the situation now.
This situation is very similar to what happened in Vietnam. The US didn't need to lose and it would never have lost if they had kept fighting, but at a certain point the American public just considered it too costly and so they gave up and went home.

So although the US military is the greatest military force in the world, they have now been defeated by both the Vietcong and the Taliban.

Status
Not open for further replies.