Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Official Thread: Which Car(s) to Get?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dates

Let’s set a car purchase date, rolling off the lot with keys in hand, for 9/22/23. This weekend, I’m going to go to each dealership and test drive the cars.

Plus, that gives me a week to look into and understand insurance, titles, whatever. That way I can go into this with a good grasp of what it is I need to do.

After that, I’ll write a review and briefly detail what it is I need to do that I never end up in this car-less situation again as long as I walk this Earth lol.

Until I’m driving this car, it’s beans and rice rice and beans. I won’t be spending anything cause I won’t let any unexpected car fees throw me off the path. Tbh, I’m not even gonna game until I’m driving. I’m locking myself in the house :lol:

The cars I’m looking at are $7000 and $4500 a pop.

If the Nashville inspection goes well, I’ll just pull the trigger and buy the car. The miles aren’t that far apart.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, last update of today, I promise lol.

I think I’m just gonna go ahead and purchase tomorrow, and end all of this.

Opinions on the 2008 Buick Lucerne? That’s another viable option that I can afford.

I’ll end up buying either that, or the LeSabre tomorrow.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That Lucerne has the 3800 as well.

What I would rec is to get a packet of carfaxes and look for a car where a single owner has owned the car for most of its life, and has been driven around 5-8K miles a year. Lots of senior-driven cars fit that profile.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That Lucerne has the 3800 as well.

What I would rec is to get a packet of carfaxes and look for a car where a single owner has owned the car for most of its life, and has been driven around 5-8K miles a year. Lots of senior-driven cars fit that profile.
It’s funny you mention that because both cars fit that profile based on the CarFax lol. They’re in my budget, so assuming either isn’t a lemon I’ll buy the one that I feel suits me more.

I highly doubt both of them are lemons though.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How It Went Down

Ok guys, I actually have a hilarious story to share with you at this point.

I test drove four used cars today, from four different dealerships that had good reviews.

Every last one in my price range was a lemon. Every single one. And here’s the nail in the coffin. I pulled into a Burger King to get a drink on the way to get the inspection for the last car. I literally couldn’t even start the car after I turned it off. What a piece of junk lmao.

Indeed, it is very difficult to find a reliable used car for that $5-7K these days.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, at this point, I’m just gonna take some of that money that I was approved for and throw it onto my credit cards. I’ll just use my company discount and continue to rent a Tesla every weekend, fvck it. I’ll just keep doing that until I can work more and improve my credit. I can function and game just fine doing that, I was so annoyed by these dealers today. Next time I’m buying from a private seller.

I saw this article today, and I think it’s very pertinent:

Tbh, I haven’t been working 60 hours a week for very long. I’m gonna have to do that for longer.

I probably won’t update this thread for a while tbh

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy a newer muscle car. Challenger, Camaro, Mustang or Charger. You cant go wrong with any of them. I get 1 comment a day on my muscle car from random people. They make you feel manly and racing people in them never gets old. You get respect from other people that have muscle cars on the road when you have one. Its almost like a secret club. I am so glad I bought one. You will thank me later.
Once I get my credit up, I gotcha bro :rofl: