Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Beta Male Anthem!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove vomit from a monitor?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not surprising that this song came out in 1999 and was popular in 1999-2001. The oldest Millennials were about to finish high school. This sort of captured the feelings of the early Millennials who were in high school in the 1999-2001 era. Then we wonder why Millennials turned out so messed up.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol this song came out in the late 90’s when I was in Middle School.

It’s a pretty catchy song, they just need to tweak the lyrics a little bit.
This is why I prefer instrumental music over songs.

Songs usually try to have a point. Music itself has no meaning other than being catchy.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
88-92 was not much better. Alot of masculine rock 80-85 but it went south quick lol
I would say that the music of 1988-1992 contained less beta lyrics and feel than the music of 1998-2002.

1988-1992 had too many power ballads, which are too beta. 1988 had Cinderella's "Dont Know What You Got" and Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". "Every Rose" was written about some stripper and Bret Michaels found out some stripper was cheating on him. In fairness to the stripper, the incident happened in 1986 when Poison was touring to support their first record and they weren't super big and super rich yet. However, a band with a recording contract with a major label in 1986 needs abundance mentality. I could argue that the song was written to appeal to beta males though.

1989 did have Dr. Feelgood (written about a drug dealer, not beta) from Motley Crue.

All the Seattle grunge bands that got popular in 1991-1992 were betas. Kurt Cobain was a weak man who killed himself.

Popular music has gotten too wussified since the 1960s/1970s though.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funnily enough this guy's own dad was a well-known hard rocker

The "Overdrive" in Bachman Turner Overdrive refers to being balls-out. Tal, the son, seems to be driving a Prius.

You'd figure this guy grew up being able to get trim as a chad/chadlite, from a well-off family and the son of a celebrity who's a solid, masculine dude. Yet his mark on the world is an ode to pedestalization, which is a little odd.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're from my home city! Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!
Winnipeg has a nice music tradition (BTO, Guess Who, Neil Young). I've heard the women are nice there too with a nice dose of Scandinavian genes

DoubleBarrel

Banned
Reaction score
Winnipeg has a nice music tradition (BTO, Guess Who, Neil Young). I've heard the women are nice there too with a nice dose of Scandinavian genes
They're known for being super hot, actually. A chick with a great rack was checking me out and giving me IOIs a while back too; but I'm currently poor, so I didn't make a move. :( Gotta get the finances in order first, before I think of it.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're known for being super hot, actually. A chick with a great rack was checking me out and giving me IOIs a while back too; but I'm currently poor, so I didn't make a move. :( Gotta get the finances in order first, before I think of it.
Nice. Where I live in the US (Arizona) there are a lot of transplants from the upper midwest (many from Minnesota) who are Scandinavian descended, and I've heard the same about Thunder Bay, so I figured that might be the case there in Winnipeg too.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This song is not only a Beta Male anthem, it's an Alpha Female anthem too (just dropped yesterday in fact):

Eyebleach:

It’s a pretty catchy song, they just need to tweak the lyrics a little bit.
Done.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good choice for Beta Male Anthem. Those lyrics have always made me cringe.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that the music of 1988-1992 contained less beta lyrics and feel than the music of 1998-2002.

1988-1992 had too many power ballads, which are too beta. 1988 had Cinderella's "Dont Know What You Got" and Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". "Every Rose" was written about some stripper and Bret Michaels found out some stripper was cheating on him. In fairness to the stripper, the incident happened in 1986 when Poison was touring to support their first record and they weren't super big and super rich yet. However, a band with a recording contract with a major label in 1986 needs abundance mentality. I could argue that the song was written to appeal to beta males though.

1989 did have Dr. Feelgood (written about a drug dealer, not beta) from Motley Crue.

All the Seattle grunge bands that got popular in 1991-1992 were betas. Kurt Cobain was a weak man who killed himself.

Popular music has gotten too wussified since the 1960s/1970s though.
Bro, "Every rose has its thorn" is a f*cking masterpiece. That guitar solo cuts through "like a knife".

I just listened to "Cinderella's "Dont Know What You Got" - and damn its a good song also. Thanks for the suggestion.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, "Every rose has its thorn" is a f*cking masterpiece. That guitar solo cuts through "like a knife".

I just listened to "Cinderella's "Dont Know What You Got" - and damn its a good song also. Thanks for the suggestion.
The songs sound pleasant but the messages in them are quite beta.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Poison fan, they're okay. The lyrics are on the beta side, I would agree. But the title Every Rose Has its Thorn is a true statement. I would say all love holds some measure of pain, and I'm not necessarily talking about romantic love either. For example, if you love your parents and they die, it's going to hurt. When you love someone or something, it makes you vulnerable.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of it's a sales pitch, these are perceived as macho and edgy dudes being soft for the women who've been hurt by "bad boys" in the past.

The cucks here are the guys bringing their girlfriends to these concerts just so they can fantasize about Bret Michaels, etc. They're not really fantasizing about the Tal Bachmans of the world though.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Funnily enough this guy's own dad was a well-known hard rocker

The "Overdrive" in Bachman Turner Overdrive refers to being balls-out. Tal, the son, seems to be driving a Prius.

You'd figure this guy grew up being able to get trim as a chad/chadlite, from a well-off family and the son of a celebrity who's a solid, masculine dude. Yet his mark on the world is an ode to pedestalization, which is a little odd.
Yea, not exactly.

The band had already mulled over using their surnames (à la Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young). While on their way back from a gig in Toronto, the group had spotted a copy of a trucker's magazine called Overdrive while dining at the Colonial Steak House in Windsor, Ontario, run by Colonial Jim Lambros. After this, Turner wrote "Bachman–Turner Overdrive" and the initials "B.T.O." on a napkin. The rest of the band decided the addition of "Overdrive" was the perfect way to describe their music.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachman–Turner_Overdrive

They're from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Not exactly what I'd define as Chads or Alpha's. It's a song. Plan and simple.

These are the "Chads" of BTO.

1662779741257.png

One is wearing a shirt with the name Banana and looks like Kermit... One looks like a feminized Kurt Russell. The other two look like Olaf.