Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So what do you think about the Gabby Petito case?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven’t read the article but here’s my take on it. I was just telling my wife this last night.

1) White female
2) Young, bubbly (iow “cute”)
3) Pretty
4) YouTuber

If she wasn’t all those things, she’d be just another missing persons or murder case.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Billtx49

Reaction score
I had been seeing links about this, wondering why this was getting international coverage
Considering the horribly bad results / news the US government has generated lately, my guess is the MSM is probably pushing her story to the max as a distraction.

Back to her story though, I can’t believe this was a premeditated murder by Brian Laundrie as his behavior afterwards has no attempted alibi or cover. He’s in run and hide mode like a little boy that knows he’s been bad and in trouble…

Too bad he didn’t respect her and her family by arranging for a prompt body retrieval. After being almost a month in the wild unprotected, her family doesn’t even have remains they can view for a final goodbye to start their long healing process.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty girl that was with a possessive jealous man. He posseed and displayed many of the characteristics that this board says is unattractive or will get you nexted. For those that aren't zombies, think about that...

RIP Gabby

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven’t read the article but here’s my take on it. I was just telling my wife this last night.

1) White female
2) Young, bubbly (iow “cute”)
3) Pretty
4) YouTuber

If she wasn’t all those things, she’d be just another missing persons or murder case.
but it is just another missing case, only diference is someone who is like her get interested and then they had to go the extra mile to blame everyone for it

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had been seeing links about this, wondering why this was getting international coverage, so I finally decided to read about it:

I haven't watched the news for over 8 years. I try really hard to stay away from the news and media, for a reason. There is absolutely nothing for me to gain or learn, but quite the opposite.

Having said that, I have been following this case only because, there are things we can learn from this, and tbh it hits home as a fellow traveler, adventure seeker, adrenaline junkie that loves to road trip. While it is true thousands of people go missing and don't get this level of attention, this made it out there is because of what @Atom Smasher said earlier.

Now to the actual case, I think it is very unfortunate these things happen. But there are quite a few good lessons to be learned:

1) Social media is a very dangerous tool. Can be useful but often it is toxic and fake. -
Living the IG life is not the same as living a fulfilling life in secret. Keanu Reeves is a master at this. People put all these smiles and happy times on IG when the reality is much different. This is a prime example of this. This couple obviously had issues, as shown by the police body cam when they were pulled over.
2) You never know someone fully. This guy obviously knows something he doesn't want people and especially law authorities to know. No one that is innocent hires a lawyer, keeps quiet and buys time to disappear. There is something Brian knows and most likely that he did, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Either way, if he truly cared for her, he would have helped. That speaks volumes.
3) Community is important. The only reason her body (not yet confirmed) was found is that people need to come together and help out. The family that shared the video of her van at Spread Creek was the ultimate help. If we only acted like this in everyday life, caring for each other, or at least respecting each other, society and humanity would look a lot different.

There are other great lessons, but let's wait until we know more about what happened, how she died, where Brian is, etc. And will not be surprised if this made a Netflix documentary in a few years. Those are our modern times.

Modern Man Advice

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is undoubtedly true. But it was the YouTuber aspect that got my attention with this, because I've watched a number of videos from other "van people" on YouTube, and you do feel like you kind of get to know them after awhile. In this case, I think they said they only had one video up though.

The fact that she was 22 doesn't only mean she was pretty, it also makes the whole thing that much more tragic.

Sounds like to me they fought a lot, like many young couples, and the guy didn't have the self control he should have, and ended up killing her, maybe even accidentally. From the time they were stopped by the police, it sounded like she was acting up in that situation. A lot of guys here have said they think it's okay to hit a girl if she hits him first. But men are much bigger and stronger than women, and I could see a situation where a guy might not know his own strength. You had better know what you're doing and what you're getting into if you take that philosophy.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is undoubtedly true. But it was the YouTuber aspect that got my attention with this, because I've watched a number of videos from other "van people" on YouTube, and you do feel like you kind of get to know them after awhile. In this case, I think they said they only had one video up though.

The fact that she was 22 doesn't only mean she was pretty, it also makes the whole thing that much more tragic.

Sounds like to me they fought a lot, like many young couples, and the guy didn't have the self control he should have, and ended up killing her, maybe even accidentally. From the time they were stopped by the police, it sounded like she was acting up in that situation. A lot of guys here have said they think it's okay to hit a girl if she hits him first. But men are much bigger and stronger than women, and I could see a situation where a guy might not know his own strength. You had better know what you're doing and what you're getting into if you take that philosophy.
I also think that sometimes these young couples isolate themselves so much that their relationship becomes their own little world that morphs into a bunch of toxic dynamics. It happens unnoticed and undefined, so that they find themselves in this sick little world of two people. It’s similar to an abscess in the body. It isolates and grows by its own rules. In my view, this is often at the root of suicide pacts and such.

I understand your sentiment about hitting woman who hit a man first, but I would maintain that it is absolutely snd equally unacceptable for women to hit men. In reality, women are taught today that there are no consequences.

I can’t help but think of a smaller, weaker man hitting a much larger man who brutally whacks the smaller man in the face in retaliation. Most people would tell the smaller, weaker man that he got what he deserved. Don’t start none, there won’t be none. But for some reason when women are physically abusive toward men, that logic flies out the window and they are given a free pass.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know why the media wastes time on things like this. They are supposed to be in the news business.
white fertile middle class, cute girl = a victim

its a dream come true narrative.

just like when theres a certain good looking/charming serial killer documentary on, women go wild.
Yet when its a an older serial killer like Dr Harold Shipman, hes called a "dirty old man" and his documentary is put on at 4am in the morning.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Main suspect always needs to be person she's living with until it's proven otherwise.

People don't just disappear, something happens to them.

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just search missing person minus Gabby to see how many there are...this is a sad story but not really deserving of national attention compared to all others

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she’s a typical woman that wasted her youth chasing bums and got herself killed by one.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's because people keep trying to intervene into these women's lives and save them, which gives them an enabling mentality, they go too deep, everyone else abandons them because they've tried to help and it didn't work, abuse is a nasty cycle

Billtx49

Reaction score
I think she’s a typical woman that wasted her youth chasing bums and got herself killed by one.
That may be a family inherited trait. It looks to me like Brian’s family might well have opened themselves up to accessory after the fact legal charges with their reluctant and very possibly misleading communication with law enforcement during this process.

Anyone that thinks that boy has been living in an aligator, snake, and mosquito infested swamp for over a week now might not be thinking right and that doesn’t even take into account enough food and clean drinking water carried in by him.…

Perps on the run that are clear thinking, don’t usually plant themselves in a local dead-end location scenario, they get outta Dodge…

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude followed into her frame. she wanted the roaming carefree "high status" YouTuber life. The dude knew it was not the path but FOLLOWED her. she lost respect and started abuse to him, even physical.

he either did something out of rage or... other dudes roaming around got her and he is afraid...