Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I bought the home gym. What workout regime to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pilates is one thing, but working with weights can give you an injury that can nag you for the rest of your life. Start nice and easy and you’ll be fine. Your own body will tell you when to start stacking on the weight.
yes but normally havin some experience with he don't have, would help more or how much he could lift, and only reading really don't work that well, he would need a personal trainer to help him out at the very least for the first year, hence why i'm bigger for going to the gym then buying the things to work out at home, because first you will be forced to go out, its easier to get used to it, plus you can always meet people in the gym, I made a social circle with people who only did go to the gym and it was the main one for a time,

I belive the op would benefit a lot more from doing so, what he is doing, like I said I give him till the end of the next month

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
So some on here say start off easy and some are saying start off pushing myself to the max.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to get yourself a book about starting weight training. A beginners’ book.

Each exercise requires different weight because different muscle groups have differing inherent strength.

In fact, doesn’t the home weight machine that you bought have a basic workout routine included? It’s a good place to start.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
You need to get yourself a book about starting weight training. A beginners’ book.

Each exercise requires different weight because different muscle groups have differing inherent strength.

In fact, doesn’t the home weight machine that you bought have a basic workout routine included? It’s a good place to start.
Yes it comes with charts as well as you can go on YouTube and lots of videos with weight machines. I guess you can play the videos while out in the garage working out.

I mean just starting off with the lowest weight wouldn't that be a waste of time?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean just starting off with the lowest weight wouldn't that be a waste of time?
No, because you'll learn the form and then increase the weight. A journey of 1,000 steps starts with one step. Half begun is half done and all that. This thread is almost two weeks old, why haven't you started?

rart

Don Juan
Reaction score
No one suggests he starts heavy lifting right away. But heavy lifts is the goal. He should start with empty 45lb bar on all of his lifts and add 5lbs increments.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
No, because you'll learn the form and then increase the weight. A journey of 1,000 steps starts with one step. Half begun is half done and all that. This thread is almost two weeks old, why haven't you started?
Tomorrow the installer is coming to put it together, that's why. Then Wed or Thur I'll start.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomorrow the installer is coming to put it together, that's why. Then Wed or Thur I'll start.
I recommend looking into a gym membership. That home gym is insufficient for gaining quality strength and size due to the complete absence of compatible leg exercises. 80% of skeletal muscle mass is in the legs, hips, and back (see posterior chain). The lat pull down and seated rows are good back exercises but that’s really all that machine is offering.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I recommend looking into a gym membership. That home gym is insufficient for gaining quality strength and size due to the complete absence of compatible leg exercises. 80% of skeletal muscle mass is in the legs, hips, and back (see posterior chain). The lat pull down and seated rows are good back exercises but that’s really all that machine is offering.
Would a bike or elliptical build leg muscles as well?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
The clubhouse has a bit more gym equipment. Looks similar to home gym equipment though what I'm getting now but has more weights on it and looks a bit more durable. That can be an option too but still not like going to a regular gym.

The 24 hr gym near me is nice but it has a lot of cardio focused equipment.

rart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Would a bike or elliptical build leg muscles as well?
No. Each pedal stroke (on a bike for example) is sub maximal effort. That is why track cycling sprinters do squats and deadlifts to get better at sprinting the bike.

Again you focus on muscle growth. Focus on strength. Muscle grows slow and shows differently for different people. Strength is easier to measure (weight on the bar) and is much better motivator.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Guy got half out together and one of the Phillies were dry rotted in the bag so I have to go and contact them to send another one out. Fml.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you mean one of the screws? You can just get another one at the hardware store.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sucks. I would check all the other ones very carefully and also, can you at least obtain partial functionality of the machine without using that one bad pulley?

Status
Not open for further replies.