Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A shame. I had my taste of hispanics, but Im not really fond of them. Otherwise, I would be eating good here in Dallas.
There's a good quantity selection of Hispanics in the Dallas area, especially Dallas itself. There will be a lot that will be single moms and overweight/obese. Some might not even speak English.

The centrally-located, singles dense neighborhoods seem to be more White than Hispanic.

The easiest way to meet Hispanics in the Dallas area is to be Hispanic and be near Hispanic women. White men typically need to go off the beaten path to meet Hispanics or go to Gloria's in Addison for the late night salsa dancing thing.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a good quantity selection of Hispanics in the Dallas area, especially Dallas itself. There will be a lot that will be single moms and overweight/obese. Some might not even speak English.

The centrally-located, singles dense neighborhoods seem to be more White than Hispanic.

The easiest way to meet Hispanics in the Dallas area is to be Hispanic and be near Hispanic women. White men typically need to go off the beaten path to meet Hispanics or go to Gloria's in Addison for the late night salsa dancing thing.
Well as you know, I am not white so getting those girls is not hard. But they view me just like other women of other races do: as a trophy. So I do not like getting them as much.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they view me just like other women of other races do: as a trophy. So I do not like getting them as much.
That does not sound pleasant for any relationship of substantial depth.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to cover the differences between Lower and Upper Greenville in a little bit more depth below the quotes. I've alluded to it twice. In the second post, I talked about Lower and Upper Greenville in relation to St. Patrick's Day festivities.

For definition, Lower Greenville is anything off of Greenville Avenue south of Mockingbird but north of the Greenville/Ross intersection.
Upper Greenville is anything off of Greenville Avenue north of Mockingbird and south of Northwest Highway.

The main difference between the two is logistics. Lower Greenville has more favorable logistics with it and nearby Knox-Henderson. Upper Greenville is still well located but with slightly more difficult logistics in a lot of cases.

Lower and Upper Greenville are a decent singles scene and I might need to mention that in another post.
Lower Greenville: The big case for Lower Greenville is that there will be more people. The downside to this is that Lower Greenville will be very bar oriented. Bars are 21+ so men need to be 21+ to party. Women who are 21+ are either juniors or seniors in undergrad. A lot of the housing stock near Lower Greenville is single family detached houses. A lot of those single family detached houses are owned by people 25-44, many of whom have families. Those people will not be having parties. Some of those houses that are rented out to SMU students. It will take some effort to figure out the houses owned by people having parties and also to get into these random house parties hosted in houses off of Greenville south of Mockingbird.

Upper Greenville: Upper Greenville is where the parade is located. The parade is all ages. Since Upper Greenville's housing stock is more apartment complexes closer to Greenville Avenue, these are people who aren't families with children. There's more of an unmarried population in the apartments off of Upper Greenville. Some of these apartments are 21+, while some allow SMU students 18-20. Once again, if you want to go to a party in an apartment off of Upper Greenville, you'll need some social connections to make that happen. Also, a lot of these apartments are smaller and cannot host a lot of people in them. That limits the size of a party.
Lower Greenville has number of bars in the area. If you are looking for the best quantity and quality of nightlife off of Greenville Avenue, you're most likely looking to go to Lower Greenville. Earlier in this thread, I reviewed The Libertine in Lower Greenville (see Post #295). As time goes on, I will likely review more Lower Greenville bars. Lower Greenville doesn't have good parking for its nightlife venues. Uber/Lyft is recommended. Most of Lower Greenville's housing stock is single family houses that are 60+ years old off of Greenville with very few apartment complexes. If you're a single person living in Lower Greenville, you're probably renting a house with a roommate. Logistics are very good in Lower Greenville if you have a place that is walking distance from some of the better Lower Greenville bars or a short Uber/Lyft ride away.

Upper Greenville has many more apartment complexes but many fewer nightlife options. At one time, Upper Greenville had bars and nightclubs, but most were redeveloped into other things by the end of the 1990s into generic retail, including some grocery stores. Upper Greenville's past history with nightlife options is why Upper Greenville is still the area for the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. When the St. Patrick's Day Parade started in the 1970s, Upper Greenville had far more bars and nightclubs than it does now. Greenville Avenue is a wider street in Upper Greenville than Lower Greenville and also wider than Knox Street, Henderson Avenue, or McKinney Avenue in Uptown. That's probably why it has been able to retain that major annual event well past its prime.

Upper Greenville apartment complexes attract a mixture of SMU students and early 20s-early 40s singles. Many of those complexes can be considered good places to live. It's not a suburban pussie wasteland as you are still near Downtown Dallas and other good central city neighborhoods. Those complexes are still well located and singles-dense. Residents in Upper Greenville tend to go to other neighborhoods in the city for nightlife options. There would be few occasions for people outside Upper Greenville to decide to come to Upper Greenville.

There are some decent daygame options around Upper Greenville. A few of the grocery stores in that area are good grocery store approaching options and the best daygame mall in Dallas is Northpark Center. Northpark is close to Upper Greenville.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a part of why Uptown has declined in recent years. West Village is also Uptown-adjacent and can be considered a part of Uptown as a whole. A lot of the Uptown/West Village area has a bougie feel but has become more unsafe.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty good list, but No mention of St Pete's Dancing Marlin bar. It's a good one. You will probably meet the owner when you go.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty good list, but No mention of St Pete's Dancing Marlin bar. It's a good one. You will probably meet the owner when you go.
They can't mention every single venue in Dallas. I agree that it was a good list and I have some in depth reviews on this thread of some venues they mentioned like Katy Trail Ice House and The Libertine.

It was good to see unpretentious joints like Lakewood Landing, Cosmo's, and Goodfriend mentioned. It's been a while since I have been to Goodfriend's but it felt more restaurant than bar. Lakewood Landing and Cosmo's are more of a bar feel. None of those 3 places are places that I would recommend for pickup but all 3 are good places to go with a male friend.

Bowen House is more of a date bar than a pickup bar but can be acceptable for late night pickup, especially on the outdoor patio in the Spring/Fall. Unfortunately, Uptown has declined. It's most similar to Parliament that I reviewed in depth earlier in this thread.

I like Single Wide too and might need to do a venue review of that place in the future. Ever since Uptown went downhill, Lower Greenville has become my favorite bar area.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're only 2 weeks away from the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas! The Dallas St. Patrick's Day Parade and the associated parties are a big thing in Dallas and it occurs the Saturday prior to St. Patrick's Day. In most years in the 2010s, the parade attracted 90,000 - 100,000 people to a 2-3 mile strip of Greenville Avenue. It was cancelled in 2020 and 2021, but returned last year. The crowd was off a little bit last year but it was estimated that 75,000 people attended (last link).

I have videos below from 2018-2019 parades that show what the street parade is like.

In many US cities, St. Patrick's Day isn't that big of a deal. Dallas, despite not having historically strong Irish-American ties, makes St. Patrick's Day into a big deal. This was one thing that surprised me when I moved here because St. Patrick's Day celebrations were not a big deal in other cities where I lived previously. This parade has been going on since the late 1970s.

St. Patrick's Day along Greenville Avenue is generally a shiit show. Traffic is bad around that area that day, it's overcrowded, too many people are drunk, and I don't think people get laid. Also, the parade is mid-day.

The after parade parties at Lower Greenville Avenue bars (south of the parade route) can be good for socializing. There are house parties and apartment parties in the residential neighborhoods and apartment complexes near Greenville. There are not many good bars along the parade route of the St. Patrick's Day parade, but there are enough nearby. The bars/restaurants near the parade route tend to do well that day.

The best chance of getting laid due to the St. Patrick's Day events are at these private parties at homes/apartments off of Greenville.

I expect Lower Greenville to get the bulk of the audience. That place is already packed on weekends. It's going to be moreso during Saturday. I went to grab some images of past years: Looks exactly like the crowd I expect to show up.

View attachment 9810
Just got back from celebrations. The bulk of the crowd was a lot of undesirables. By that, I meant a lot of women that looked like sluts or were low quality. Whether they were fat or just marked all over in tattoos, you really didn't get many hot women. Or let me say it another way, you got a lot of hot women but they were completely outnumbered by the not so hot women. The parade itself was half good and half ghetto. People running into the streets to either picked up tossed beads or the parade stopping briefly so they can run and interact with the crowd. I haven't done parades in a long time but I could have sworn you're suppose to keep it going in a timely matter. But I suppose the parade is a good example of the not-so-great prestige of Dallas that everyone likes to overrate. Cops everywhere, too, while loud music is playing every block while everyone is drinking and doing club dancing. It felt like I was down in Deep Ellum on a Saturday night.

The block party was crowded, but you ran into more good looking women here. I got a lot of compliments on my patrick's day attire, but I'm sure most of the women and men were saying it because of my fitness. Which led to the next thing. Here is where I found my entry into a private parties cause I was talking with some guys and their female friends and they all thought I was cool and decided to bring me along to various house parties all throughout Greenville. These are where the middle class families are. There were other parties happening in the neighborhood like that, but these guys treated me well and it was certainly a different vibe from being on Greenville. They had kegs, lots of food, and the girls were not the girls you saw majority walking on the street.

By the way, SW15, the night scene in Lower Greenville was actually not as big as it usually is. Likely everyone went home by then and were tired out. It felt like a Thursday night actually. The bulk of any social activity happened in the middle of the day at the block party.

Overall, I would say that my day was saved by the private parties.
Bumping this thread and quoting posts #187, #200, #205 for the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas. Not too much new information to add this year to the previous summary in Post #187. The private parties are the most meaningful thing. It's always good to know someone with a place near Upper or Lower Greenville that day who is willing to have a party at their home.

@HaleyBaron -- Do you plan to attend this year? Mostly every year is the same.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freaking brutal cerebralism going into finding mates these days. I’m a Xilennial and remember the tail end of the good old days in which young people found mates just walking up the block to the park or at an overnight keg party.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freaking brutal cerebralism going into finding mates these days. I’m a Xilennial and remember the tail end of the good old days in which young people found mates just walking up the block to the park or at an overnight keg party.
I've never really believed in the whole Xennial thing, which is considered late Gen X/early Millennial. I could be considered an Xennial too but I identify as an early Millennial.

You have a valid point that the mating marketplace has changed a lot in the last 20-25 years. You are 5 years older than men and I think that 5 year headstart you got changed some of your earlier experiences.

It's still possible to do park game. I reviewed a walking path (Katy Trail) in Post #274 of this thread. I am overdue to do some random park venue reviews because I have been to some parks in Dallas for the purpose of approaching.

Keg parties are a thing in college but after college that doesn't really happen. In the post-college scene, people sometimes meet at some private residence parties via their social circles. You don't hear a lot about that on SoSuave because the type of people that would meet at private residence parties would never find their way onto a forum like SoSuave. Meeting through private residence parties does typically become more difficult for a man after he turns 30 because most social circles with people 30+ are couples dominated. Couples tend to spend time with other couples. The longer people are coupled, the fewer unattached people that they know.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a valid point that the mating marketplace has changed a lot in the last 20-25 years. You are 5 years older than men and I think that 5 year headstart you got changed some of your earlier experiences.
Pre-Internet, late 80’s to early aughts in the five boroughs, young people in teens to early 20s, used to circulate in cliques, crews, whatever you call them, and yes, some gangs. I have seen pictures of the old days of people I know and one can see pictures of 20 to 30 people in partying in a parking lot or park or backyard.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping this thread and quoting posts #187, #200, #205 for the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas. Not too much new information to add this year to the previous summary in Post #187. The private parties are the most meaningful thing. It's always good to know someone with a place near Upper or Lower Greenville that day who is willing to have a party at their home.

@HaleyBaron -- Do you plan to attend this year? Mostly every year is the same.
It's going to be raining all day Saturday so I'm probably going to pass. And thanks for reminding me of my experience from last year. I forgot the small details so now I dont feel bad for missing it.

If it was sunny out, I would have went.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's going to be raining all day Saturday so I'm probably going to pass. And thanks for reminding me of my experience from last year. I forgot the small details so now I dont feel bad for missing it.

If it was sunny out, I would have went.
The whole day on Greenville is a poop show. Both Upper and Lower Greenville as I have mentioned in previous posts. Mostly every year is the same. The parade itself is so overrated. The private residence parties at single family houses or in the apartment complexes off of Greenville is where the real action happens.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole day on Greenville is a poop show. Both Upper and Lower Greenville as I have mentioned in previous posts. Mostly every year is the same. The parade itself is so overrated. The private residence parties at single family houses or in the apartment complexes off of Greenville is where the real action happens.
It's probably going to be chock full of Irish women too, with their unique combination of liberalism and prudeness to accompany their meh looks. Who needs 'em when you're surrounded by Texas women anyway?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's probably going to be chock full of Irish women too, with their unique combination of liberalism and prudeness to accompany their meh looks. Who needs 'em when you're surrounded by Texas women anyway?
There aren't a lot of actual Irish women in Dallas. I would say that there are many American women with Irish ancestry in Dallas. There generally isn't much Irish influence in Dallas. This is not Boston.

It is very random that St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in the Dallas area. This area does not have strong historical ties to Irish immigrants.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still not sure I want to go. I'll flip a coin.
The car traffic around Greenville Avenue is insane that day. That's a day where it is worth taking the light rail (DART) and getting off at the Park Lane, Lovers Lane, or Mockingbird Station stops. Did you take DART last year to the parade area?

Do you think people find dates/sex partners along the parade route or is finding dates/sex partners typically done at bars and private residence parties after the parade? I think the parade is more for your social circle/friends and the romance stuff is something done at the after parties/events.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got it right. Though there is usually a small chance you can get someone if you are at one of the gatherings after the parade and before everyone goes home. That's probably the sweet spot for it.

I parked early around lower greenville and just took an uber close to it. After the parade, you walk down greenville to the places where the bars and such are with everyone else, which takes me back to where my car is naturally.