Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

nicksaiz65 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You all tell me.
The only way to get better is to try. Fail first. Fail again. Fail less than before. Succeed.

You know what'd be a good way for me to get involved and meet some new women?
Good idea, but you probably need less distractions based on our convo.
As for this friendzone bullsh*t that I've been going on about for ages...
It really doesn't need to make it as complicated as we've made it out to be. Just hang out with people you enjoy hanging out with. The problem is perhaps hanging out with girls only. Especially if they're just your friends. Recently I invited a bunch of people to take a trip to the farmer's market. All the guys flaked. They were 'sick/busy', idk whatever. So I end up going with 5 girls. I had fun, but I felt weird about being there alone with them. I had already tried to kiss/number close two of them but they were cool enough that we decided to be friends. So I invited them. The guys not being there though.. I thought maybe this says something about my ability to lead other men, something we've talked a lot about recently on the forum. But this one instance alone isn't enough to definitively say that's the problem. Girls like the farmer's market. Guys.. maybe not as much. Plus these are all new people that I had met within 2 weeks before going. Anyways, it's not a huge deal. Just have fun. Be a leader in groups you join/create. It's not about getting a bang all the time.
I just didn't really know how to handle myself.
Why were you alone at a social event?

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls like assh0les, after all.
Girls don't like assh*les. They like men with a spine. Men who will say and do what they want regardless of how it may affect their chances with the girl. It just so happens that assh*oles fit the bill.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5/16/2020

Yo @GrowingPains ... I'm finally getting around to this update lol.

So hey guys. I've been a long time... that's because I wanted to take a really really long break from all this stuff until I felt better about my life. I was in a really negative space, so I wanted to live a bit, clear my head, and go in hard on the Self-Improvement before I updated this again. I've made a lot of positive changes.

So let's get started....

Grades

Two semesters have passed since I updated this journal. I've done decently for myself in both. I aim to graduate this December.

In the Fall, I made a 3.0 semester GPA. The most important thing was that I made it out of Ethics of Computer Science so I could get into all my upper division courses. Which I did.

Here are my grades for this Semester:
ASTR 1010, Solar System Astronomy: B
CSC 3410, Assembly Programming: D
CSC 4610, Software Engineering I : B
CSC 4710, Design and Development of Web/Human Interfaces: B
CSC 4200, Computer Networks: C
MUS 1300, Private Violin: A
MUS 1080, University Orchestra: A

Pretty "eh" grades, but all passing. This makes my overall GPA right now a 2.7. I would like to be slightly above a 2.8 by the time I get out of college.

I made it out of Assembly by the skin of my teeth. The reason for that is my programs epically failed. I passed because I was able to do really well on all of the tests. I did start early like @mrgoodstuff said, but I didn't program enough each day. When I take my next programming courses, I need to set myself small programming sub-goals. Although I have to say, I am SO glad I'm done with Assembly lol.

I'll be in classes this summer as well. Mostly Gen Eds and math. The only actual coding course I'll be taking is CSC 3100, Web Programming.

Vehicle

One of the things that really irritated me is that I didn't have a car. Last Fall, I saved $2000 from the music shows I was doing, and purchased a 2009 Chevy Malibu. So there's one of the "Four C's" down. I'm practicing my driving every day.

Fitness

I've been really going in. Lots of running. I'm down 10 pounds. I'm still lifting in the home gym in my garage. I've managed to work myself up to 25 minutes of running without stopping. I'm following @mrgoodstuff 's program and it's working really well. I watch my carbs, but I will say I'm never giving up my sandwiches for lunch, even if I have clean nutrition everywhere else lol. I'll be taking advantage of this quarantine to keep running.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5/16/2020 Pt. 2

Music

My goal with violin is, by the time I graduate, to be a virtuoso. I'm moving closer to this goal. I've been in two professional music albums now, my band just recorded our second one this Spring. I absolutely LOVED working in the booth, and getting to write a big chunk of the parts and harmonies in the studio. I'll be credited as a songwriter when our album releases. It makes me feel that all my music education is paying off. I want to be able to play the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto by the time I graduate. My teacher says I'm doing very well, and that's a reasonable goal. I've been practicing every day over quarantine. I've been doing more violin playing than composing.

Confidence

I was seriously struggling with confidence before, even though I knew about the principles of this website. The only thing that worked for me was what teachingmensfashion and AMS said: the confidence comes from the Self Improvement. I go into more detail on it in this thread here:

Productivity

Another thing I really struggled with in the day was productivity. Shoutout to @GrowingPains for putting me on Cal Newport. I've pretty much stolen his techniques for being productive, and my life has changed for the better. It's so simple: define what you need in your life, and write down the big goals. Then put dates on your calendar. Every day, break it into small goals. Schedule in timed breaks. Work the whole day, and have your timed breaks. That's it. Rigid schedules never worked for me, but with this new method I've been able to get so much done in school and music.

Another thing that really helps me is music. I play music all day while I work, it makes me so productive. Even if I'm not looking forward to what I have to do that day, I look forward to the music I'm going to listen to. ESPECIALLY classical music. Sometimes I let a symphony play, listen to the whole thing, and work the whole way through. After that, I take a ten minute break. I did this for all of my finals and my grades were great.

So this is how I handle the whole productivity thing. I think this'll be a good life strategy. Thanks, Cal Newport. So simple but effective.

Waves/Self Confidence/Looksmaxxxing

I was STRUGGLING with my hair back in the day. But I've been talking to a few people in the wave community, and now my waves are pretty killer. I FINALLY feel good about myself. Whenever I put in the brushwork, I do audiobooks usually. I'm listening to 48 Laws of Power right now, which is freaking amazing.

Here's how I'm looking. Excuse the fact that I have no fresh cut, I haven't been able to see a barber cause quarantine.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5/16/2020 Pt. 2

Music

My goal with violin is, by the time I graduate, to be a virtuoso. I'm moving closer to this goal. I've been in two professional music albums now, my band just recorded our second one this Spring. I absolutely LOVED working in the booth, and getting to write a big chunk of the parts and harmonies in the studio. I'll be credited as a songwriter when our album releases. It makes me feel that all my music education is paying off. I want to be able to play the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto by the time I graduate. My teacher says I'm doing very well, and that's a reasonable goal. I've been practicing every day over quarantine. I've been doing more violin playing than composing.

Confidence

I was seriously struggling with confidence before, even though I knew about the principles of this website. The only thing that worked for me was what teachingmensfashion and AMS said: the confidence comes from the Self Improvement. I go into more detail on it in this thread here:

Productivity

Another thing I really struggled with in the day was productivity. Shoutout to @GrowingPains for putting me on Cal Newport. I've pretty much stolen his techniques for being productive, and my life has changed for the better. It's so simple: define what you need in your life, and write down the big goals. Then put dates on your calendar. Every day, break it into small goals. Schedule in timed breaks. Work the whole day, and have your timed breaks. That's it. Rigid schedules never worked for me, but with this new method I've been able to get so much done in school and music.

Another thing that really helps me is music. I play music all day while I work, it makes me so productive. Even if I'm not looking forward to what I have to do that day, I look forward to the music I'm going to listen to. ESPECIALLY classical music. Sometimes I let a symphony play, listen to the whole thing, and work the whole way through. After that, I take a ten minute break. I did this for all of my finals and my grades were great.

So this is how I handle the whole productivity thing. I think this'll be a good life strategy. Thanks, Cal Newport. So simple but effective.

Waves/Self Confidence/Looksmaxxxing

I was STRUGGLING with my hair back in the day. But I've been talking to a few people in the wave community, and now my waves are pretty killer. I FINALLY feel good about myself. Whenever I put in the brushwork, I do audiobooks usually. I'm listening to 48 Laws of Power right now, which is freaking amazing.

Here's how I'm looking. Excuse the fact that I have no fresh cut, I haven't been able to see a barber cause quarantine.

Waves on point

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls/Cold Approaches

I'm getting a lot happier with how my Game is progressing. I've Banged 7 girls in my life so far, which isn't too bad. Here's a link to my 7th Bang Report.

I realize this number is somewhat arbitrary, but for me to be happy with how my college experience turned out, I'd like to have banged 12 girls by the time I walk the stage. I think that's pretty impressive, and it'll show that I have a solid grasp of the game.

I need more VOLUME. I've been talking with @Young OG and @fastlife a lot about this. One of my biggest problems is I care too much, and I've been scared to approach on campus. Well, I have no fear anymore. I've done 200 Cold Approaches in my life. By the end of this year, I need to have done 500-600, with a big chunk of those being on campus. Definitely need to lay a lot more university students before I get out of here. I think these numbers are reasonable, I'll just have to put in a lot of effort. I'll be playing more with direct game as well.

Just like @GrowingPains said, "How do you get a new bang? Discipline. Swipe. Approach."

And just like @Young OG said, you really have to not give a fvck about what other people think of you. I am seriously going all out and getting mine this last semester(assuming corona doesn't fvck us over.)

Another thing is going out alone sometimes. My friends don't want to go out nearly as frequently as I do. So I still go out with them, but if they don't want to go out, I have no qualms hitting up a bar, club, concert, or any event at all alone now. I'm totally over it. I've done it a handful of times and had fun most times. I know @fastlife has talked about this a lot, and I feel like I'm finally getting to that level.

I'm not really meeting women during the quarantine. All I'm doing is the Self Improvement. So that once school is back in, there are NO inner game issues, I'm just going hard.

I won't say too much more on this, I know what I need to do. I'll let my field reports speak for themselves. But if I have 12 total lays and 500 approaches for my college experience, I'll be proud. And I think that goal is reasonable.

CS Plan

@Papa_smu gave me an excellent plan for making myself extremely marketable once I graduate. I'll be out in December, and if something insane happens then Spring at the absolute latest. The finish line is in sight.

Here's the thread we were talking in. But long story short, I have my work cut out for me. I need to be learning and programming every single day, outside of class.

I'm going to post monthly updates in here on my progress so you guys can see what I've been coding.

Journal Plan

I originally said that I want to end/lock this journal once I graduate college, and all my college goals have been won. That still holds. I'll be doing updates every 2 weeks to once a month until then. Probably once a month. This used to be a daily journal, but I really don't think that's necessary. I know what I need to do, so I'll just keep you guys updated intermittently.

Fin

But yeah, that's what I've been up to while I've been gone! I'll see you guys next month with an update!

Last edited:

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad I started checking the forums again just in time for my boi Nicksaiz to drop some heat ufeeme.

When I take my next programming courses, I need to set myself small programming sub-goals.
Bro I was just thinking... if you can raise your GPA that will give you a story to tell employers. Sure, you may not have always been at the top... but you figured out what it took to transform yourself from the bottom and start making headway towards it. That is a really powerful story. Think about the things you learned (see quote). These are really important things to be able to convey to employers!

Last Fall, I saved $2000 from the music shows I was doing, and purchased a 2009 Chevy Malibu.
Congrats on the whip bruvvy. One thing that you may or may not have thought about already is that the car will need maintenance - especially if you bought it for $2000 (?). It might be a good use of your time to start learning to do your own car maintenance and fix simple things to keep your car running. $300 repairs can become $50 if you know how to do it yourself.

By the end of this year, I need to have done 500-600, with a big chunk of those being on campus
Sure, definitely get the volume up. Just be cautious of developing a reputation as 'that guy'. I know you wanna be 'that guy' but you don't wanna be 'that guy'. There have been times I go to the dining hall and there's 4 girls there that I've approached at one point... it can feel a little awkward. At that point I realized I need to chill a little bit. At least until I can be comfortable with that scenario.

Also, consider the scenario where approaching becomes too much effort. It may impact your mental health. Who knows why, I'm just saying it might. Perhaps creating a lot of frequent anxiety. Sure it's good to keep pushing forward... but remember what your #1 priority is. If approaching needs to take a back seat for a little while, that's okay. Godspeed though.

NO inner game issues
I hope this is true... but it will probably be difficult. Consider that you want to stop using your phone so much. So you delete Instagram, delete twitter and whatever else. After a while you will start to lose the urge to even check them - because they're not there. Okay, cool. Now you re-download them because you have this newfound sense of independence from the apps. But you find that in a week you're back to your old self. What gives? Well, you didn't actually change the behavior, you changed the environment. And because the behavior was still there... once you restore the environment... it resurfaces. So just don't put too much pressure on yourself for your inner game issues to be gone once quarantine is over. Hopefully they are better, but if you haven't been practicing approaching for a while... you can see how it'd be hard to expect that they'd be gone right? You can shoot 1000 shots in practice (self improvement) and still miss during the game (approaching). There's so many variables that you can't account for in the game through practice... so the only thing to do is to put yourself in more game situations. Dig?

I need to be learning and programming every single day
I didn't read the post. But just be careful of extreme statements. Adherence is key. Sustainability -> consistency. Consistency -> results. Be honest with yourself about how much you can push yourself. I want to make it clear I'm not saying not to go hard, I'm just saying to set reasonable expectations so that you don't disappoint yourself and set yourself up for failure.

And most importantly: DAMN DAT BOI WAVY!!!!!!!! Alexa, play Drowning by A Boogie wit da Hoodie. Thanks.

Rooting for you bruv, this is MAJOR progress. Just keep pushing. There will be setbacks. The goals may change (+/-) but all that matters is that you keep pushing. You're doing great.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad I started checking the forums again just in time for my boi Nicksaiz to drop some heat ufeeme.

Bro I was just thinking... if you can raise your GPA that will give you a story to tell employers. Sure, you may not have always been at the top... but you figured out what it took to transform yourself from the bottom and start making headway towards it. That is a really powerful story. Think about the things you learned (see quote). These are really important things to be able to convey to employers!

Congrats on the whip bruvvy. One thing that you may or may not have thought about already is that the car will need maintenance - especially if you bought it for $2000 (?). It might be a good use of your time to start learning to do your own car maintenance and fix simple things to keep your car running. $300 repairs can become $50 if you know how to do it yourself.

Sure, definitely get the volume up. Just be cautious of developing a reputation as 'that guy'. I know you wanna be 'that guy' but you don't wanna be 'that guy'. There have been times I go to the dining hall and there's 4 girls there that I've approached at one point... it can feel a little awkward. At that point I realized I need to chill a little bit. At least until I can be comfortable with that scenario.

Also, consider the scenario where approaching becomes too much effort. It may impact your mental health. Who knows why, I'm just saying it might. Perhaps creating a lot of frequent anxiety. Sure it's good to keep pushing forward... but remember what your #1 priority is. If approaching needs to take a back seat for a little while, that's okay. Godspeed though.

I hope this is true... but it will probably be difficult. Consider that you want to stop using your phone so much. So you delete Instagram, delete twitter and whatever else. After a while you will start to lose the urge to even check them - because they're not there. Okay, cool. Now you re-download them because you have this newfound sense of independence from the apps. But you find that in a week you're back to your old self. What gives? Well, you didn't actually change the behavior, you changed the environment. And because the behavior was still there... once you restore the environment... it resurfaces. So just don't put too much pressure on yourself for your inner game issues to be gone once quarantine is over. Hopefully they are better, but if you haven't been practicing approaching for a while... you can see how it'd be hard to expect that they'd be gone right? You can shoot 1000 shots in practice (self improvement) and still miss during the game (approaching). There's so many variables that you can't account for in the game through practice... so the only thing to do is to put yourself in more game situations. Dig?

I didn't read the post. But just be careful of extreme statements. Adherence is key. Sustainability -> consistency. Consistency -> results. Be honest with yourself about how much you can push yourself. I want to make it clear I'm not saying not to go hard, I'm just saying to set reasonable expectations so that you don't disappoint yourself and set yourself up for failure.

And most importantly: DAMN DAT BOI WAVY!!!!!!!! Alexa, play Drowning by A Boogie wit da Hoodie. Thanks.

Rooting for you bruv, this is MAJOR progress. Just keep pushing. There will be setbacks. The goals may change (+/-) but all that matters is that you keep pushing. You're doing great.
You know it bro. A long time coming, right?

Most definitely. If anyone ever asks why it took me longer than usual to graduate college, I can even say exactly that!

Yeah, I did consider that. I put a bit of extra money to the side for repairs. But it is a very good skill to know how to fix a car yourself.

Yeah... there is a difference between that guy and that guy lol. I think I've finally reached the point where I don't even care about that kind of stuff luckily. But I will be careful like you warned.

The #1 priority is graduating school and being ready to get a real job like an adult lol. I'll always keep that in mind. Not gonna lie, I've reached the point where approaching is super fun, and is actually relaxing for me now.

Right, life is crazy like that sometimes. I think all I can do is keep going hard on the inner game and self improvement, then give it everything I've got once I actually get back to school.

At the very least, I'd say most days programming. Kinda like I've been doing with the running.

Lmao. Thanks bro. I feel so good about myself now that I put in the work to be wavy af. I'll keep grinding.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2/15/21

Hello all. It's been ages.... I wanted to take some time off this journal. I was starting to get into a very dark place with life, and was just complaining too much. Now that I've made lots of progress, I'm ready to start posting in here again, every now and again.

I will say that I am so glad that I made this journal. I was able to learn techniques with studying, and Cold Approach that changed my life.

What I've Accomplished Since We Last Talked:
I have passed around 42 more credit hours. At the moment, I am in my last semester at college before I get the degree that I always wanted. I took 19 hours this last summer, and around 14 hours each normal semester. My grades are excellent now. I use all of the techniques in the Cal Newport book. I never would've been able to do that without you guys.

My graduation date is May 7th.

I am renting out a room in a full house. It's huge, and has a swimming pool and pool table too. It's freaking amazing.

I saved money from my job and was able to buy a car. 2009 Chevy Malibu. There's another one of the C's that @mrgoodstuff mentioned.

I've lost 5% bodyfat up to this point. The Kinobody programs, with intermittent fasting and heavy lifting work quite well for me. Doing gobs of cardio helps me stay in a deficit as well. Which is fine, because I've always had dreams of being a distance athlete.

I am currently at 10 Laycount. I will boost that to 20+ before I graduate.

My waves are locked in, and I feel amazing about the way I look.

-----------------------------------------
I'll be posting in here with my progress every now and again. I will let you guys know of my successes, and when I graduate! I said in the past I didn't want this thing to end until I graduated. Now, that will be a reality.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2/15/21

Hello all. It's been ages.... I wanted to take some time off this journal. I was starting to get into a very dark place with life, and was just complaining too much. Now that I've made lots of progress, I'm ready to start posting in here again, every now and again.

I will say that I am so glad that I made this journal. I was able to learn techniques with studying, and Cold Approach that changed my life.

What I've Accomplished Since We Last Talked:
I have passed around 42 more credit hours. At the moment, I am in my last semester at college before I get the degree that I always wanted. I took 19 hours this last summer, and around 14 hours each normal semester. My grades are excellent now. I use all of the techniques in the Cal Newport book. I never would've been able to do that without you guys.

My graduation date is May 7th.

I am renting out a room in a full house. It's huge, and has a swimming pool and pool table too. It's freaking amazing.

I saved money from my job and was able to buy a car. 2009 Chevy Malibu. There's another one of the C's that @mrgoodstuff mentioned.

I've lost 5% bodyfat up to this point. The Kinobody programs, with intermittent fasting and heavy lifting work quite well for me. Doing gobs of cardio helps me stay in a deficit as well. Which is fine, because I've always had dreams of being a distance athlete.

I am currently at 10 Laycount. I will boost that to 20+ before I graduate.

My waves are locked in, and I feel amazing about the way I look.

-----------------------------------------
I'll be posting in here with my progress every now and again. I will let you guys know of my successes, and when I graduate! I said in the past I didn't want this thing to end until I graduated. Now, that will be a reality.
Big man ting.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fin

Hello, all!

I just wanted to announce that I graduated from college yesterday. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Throughout this long journal I was in a really dark place, but you all were able to save me from the abyss. I wouldn't have graduated college without you all.

I also have a job offer straight out of college. I will be making good money.

I was able to achieve what I wanted. I got my degree, and I was able to reach the 12 Laycount.

From here, I plan on starting a pure approach journal or something similar. I feel like my life is pretty decently together at this point, so it'd be really fun to start a pure cold approach journal.

But I just wanted to say I appreciate you all again! You all have truly saved me, and I can't wait to reach even greater heights from here.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Fin

Hello, all!

I just wanted to announce that I graduated from college yesterday. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Throughout this long journal I was in a really dark place, but you all were able to save me from the abyss. I wouldn't have graduated college without you all.

I was able to achieve what I wanted. I got my degree, and I was able to reach the 12 Laycount.

From here, I plan on starting a pure approach journal or something similar. I feel like my life is pretty decently together at this point, so it'd be really fun to start a pure cold approach journal.

But I just wanted to say I appreciate you all again! You all have truly saved me, and I can't wait to reach even greater heights from here.
This is great to hear Nick. Savor the moment.

I suggest an ice cold Miller Lite tonight.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Congratulations on graduation and graduating with a solid job offer. Employment does often help with gaming. I haven't read most of this thread so I'll have to check out some of the older parts of it.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations on graduation and graduating with a solid job offer. Employment does often help with gaming. I haven't read most of this thread so I'll have to check out some of the older parts of it.
Thank you, man. I appreciate it. The main benefit is with flexibility, imo. With more money, I can travel and game more. Plus nicer clothes and stuff like that.

My main goal is to knock out student debt. I’m 30K in debt, and I’d like to eliminate it in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.