Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

nicksaiz65 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo who's mans is this?? Office hours to get help from the TA???

Go 'head bro. Get yours. I'm right there with ya.

I bet these hoes can smell the purpose seeping outta your pores. Lmfao

I've been listening to a lot of David Goggins today. Check him out. Bought his book on Audible but here's a clip Ive played probably 20 times because it's funny and goes hard af.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo who's mans is this?? Office hours to get help from the TA???

Go 'head bro. Get yours. I'm right there with ya.

I bet these hoes can smell the purpose serving outta your pores. Lmfao

I've been listening to a lot of David Goggins today. Check him out. Bought his book on Audible but here's a clip Ive played probably 20 times because it's funny and goes hard af.

Haha I’ve been going in man. I went to every single class today and I’ve been making good progress on my lab.

More books for my Audible list! I’m always down for new audiobooks cause the more I brush to them the wavier I’ll get.

And yeah man. Speaking of purpose, I’m about to invest $100 in some actual producing speakers. It’ll help me make better music, and the hoes will love it I’m sure. Girls love a thicc bassline

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh by the way @GrowingPains I wanted to ask you since you seem like a good student what do you do to combat tiredness during the school day or in general? This morning I went to run on the treadmill for a half hour. By the time I got out of Object Oriented Programming, I was tired as dirt. I had to go get some French Vanilla coffee(black but with zero calorie Equal so I didn’t undo my morning run) to keep me pushing through the rest of the day.

Is coffee every single time I’m tired realistic? Like every single day? I never really drank coffee that much so I’m not sure.

Just wondering if you had any tips since this seems like a key aspect of productivity

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mannnn... You're asking the wrong right questions right now. I got 3 minutes left in this break between pomodoro's so let's see what I can crank out.

I've been having an internal dialogue with myself about coffee/caffeine/tea lately. It's been going on for a while.

I am conflicted. I hate the way coffee tastes. And I always say that it tastes like crap and that's why people add so much stuff to it. With that being said, I love the way it makes me feel. I had some today and when I say I was laser focused... But I told myself that I need to find another solution because I don't like the idea of consuming drugs regularly. Caffeine is a psychoactive stimulant. And as with any drug, you can build up a tolerance and need more and more over time.

I recently figured out why this is. It's because caffeine is a similar shape to adenosine (a byproduct of using ATP as fuel) and it fits in the same receptors as adenosine. Therefore it competes with adenosine (which makes you tired) for those receptor sites. But over time, your body creates more adenosine receptors which describes the 'caffeine tolerance' because now you need more caffeine to compete with the adenosine your body produces to stop it from getting into those receptors and making you tired.

I'll come back to this in 25 minutes lol... I went over, but I've been brewing these thoughts up over a couple weeks and the chance to finally let it it out presented itself...

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mannnn... You're asking the wrong right questions right now. I got 3 minutes left in this break between pomodoro's so let's see what I can crank out.

I've been having an internal dialogue with myself about coffee/caffeine/tea lately. It's been going on for a while.

I am conflicted. I hate the way coffee tastes. And I always say that it tastes like crap and that's why people add so much stuff to it. With that being said, I love the way it makes me feel. I had some today and when I say I was laser focused... But I told myself that I need to find another solution because I don't like the idea of consuming drugs regularly. Caffeine is a psychoactive stimulant. And as with any drug, you can build up a tolerance and need more and more over time.

I recently figured out why this is. It's because caffeine is a similar shape to adenosine (a byproduct of using ATP as fuel) and it fits in the same receptors as adenosine. Therefore it competes with adenosine (which makes you tired) for those receptor sites. But over time, your body creates more adenosine receptors which describes the 'caffeine tolerance' because now you need more caffeine to compete with the adenosine your body produces to stop it from getting into those receptors and making you tired.

I'll come back to this in 25 minutes lol... I went over, but I've been brewing these thoughts up over a couple weeks and the chance to finally let it it out presented itself...
Yeah this has been something I've been thinking about a lot too. I was super productive after I drank that coffee. But I don't want to build a tolerance for it. Like I don't want to have to drink a gallon a day to get the same effects.

Maybe the smartest thing to do would be to use it in moderation for a boost when you think you need it? So that your body doesn't have a chance to get too used to it.

And if you can't rely on caffeine to function on your work, what are you supposed to do?

Hey @Papa_smu I think you had mentioned coffee in an earlier post? I was wondering if you had an opinion on this as well.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, this is something that I've been teetering back and forth on over the past few years. And in the last ... 6 months, I've allowed myself to drink coffee. I'm glad I did this, because the whole time I realized that I didn't really like it. But when you add all that sh!t to it... you love it. I used to drink tea before. It doesn't have as strong as an effect as coffee obviously, because it's not as much caffeine. And I think that adding stuff to either of them really decreases their effectiveness. When you consume calories, carbs specifically, it will turn into glucose then ATP which releases that adenosine I was talking about.

But If you drink it straight up... you're probably going to reap maximal benefit (compared to adding stuff to it). But most things taste like trassssshhhh without stuff added. I can't stand the bitter taste. And light roast/correct steeping times only aids that so much.

Recently I've been trying to do teas more. Because I'm at a point where I really need to succeed in school and I want to give it everything I've got. In those moments of tiredness while studying, I start to feel like 'Man can I make it through this?' and I just go get coffee because it'll snap me right out of that.

But, as you might be able to tell, I research tf outta things. And I've found with personal nutrition, you really have to use what's out there as a guide and try it for yourself. So I think I'm going to try packing some flip flops and taking quick cold showers maybe twice a day instead of caffeine. Ideally, I'd like to not have to drink caffeine at all. I think unlocking energy comes down to these things:

- Diet & hydration - following a diet that keeps your blood glucose low (like a low carb diet). Maybe I'll start doing One Meal A Day to save time and to keep myself from feeling tired from food during the day. I eat A LOT. So even if it is low carb, the amount of food I eat at one time will make me tired. A short term solution is to drink tea right before I eat so the caffeine gets in my system before my body can start producing adenosine and keep the food coma from happening but... I don't like that option so much.

- Exercise - Earlier today, between my pomodoro's I would go for a quick walk and attempt some handstands. I've been slacking lately so it's a good way to get some frequent practice in and keep blood flowing which keeps you from getting tired. I also need to get back on a frequent routine. My problem, in most areas of my life is that I know what to do, but don't always execute well and I'm working on that demon.

- Proper sleep & Siestas - 20 minute nap around mid day where the 'afternoon slump hits'. I read a book on sleeping a while back and listened to Joe Rogan's podcast where he had Matthew Walker, PhD on the show discussing sleep. He talks about siestas and a host of other things that I found incredible. I've found that 7.5 hours works for me. Maybe if I did 9 I wouldn't need coffee.... hmm... It is hard to bring myself to do that though losing that 1.5 hours is a hindering thought.

- Being able to focus - this one of the biggest ones. And this one comes with practice. Focus is a skill, not a natural ability. And being able to get into this zone regularly to perform deep work (Cal Newport plug again) will allow you to naturally be engaged in your work. Some people call it flow. There's a lot of research on how beneficial it is to get into flow and on how to get into it. It ain't easy, but it's like a natural high.

I've been really thinking about all of these things lately and I'm figuring out how I can make them all work for me because they support my #1 goal: Absolutely demolishing finals.

That's probably way more than you thought you were gonna get haha. Once you get me started on something...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, this is something that I've been teetering back and forth on over the past few years. And in the last ... 6 months, I've allowed myself to drink coffee. I'm glad I did this, because the whole time I realized that I didn't really like it. But when you add all that sh!t to it... you love it. I used to drink tea before. It doesn't have as strong as an effect as coffee obviously, because it's not as much caffeine. And I think that adding stuff to either of them really decreases their effectiveness. When you consume calories, carbs specifically, it will turn into glucose then ATP which releases that adenosine I was talking about.

But If you drink it straight up... you're probably going to reap maximal benefit (compared to adding stuff to it). But most things taste like trassssshhhh without stuff added. I can't stand the bitter taste. And light roast/correct steeping times only aids that so much.

Recently I've been trying to do teas more. Because I'm at a point where I really need to succeed in school and I want to give it everything I've got. In those moments of tiredness while studying, I start to feel like 'Man can I make it through this?' and I just go get coffee because it'll snap me right out of that.

But, as you might be able to tell, I research tf outta things. And I've found with personal nutrition, you really have to use what's out there as a guide and try it for yourself. So I think I'm going to try packing some flip flops and taking quick cold showers maybe twice a day instead of caffeine. Ideally, I'd like to not have to drink caffeine at all. I think unlocking energy comes down to these things:

- Diet & hydration - following a diet that keeps your blood glucose low (like a low carb diet). Maybe I'll start doing One Meal A Day to save time and to keep myself from feeling tired from food during the day. I eat A LOT. So even if it is low carb, the amount of food I eat at one time will make me tired. A short term solution is to drink tea right before I eat so the caffeine gets in my system before my body can start producing adenosine and keep the food coma from happening but... I don't like that option so much.

- Exercise - Earlier today, between my pomodoro's I would go for a quick walk and attempt some handstands. I've been slacking lately so it's a good way to get some frequent practice in and keep blood flowing which keeps you from getting tired. I also need to get back on a frequent routine. My problem, in most areas of my life is that I know what to do, but don't always execute well and I'm working on that demon.

- Proper sleep & Siestas - 20 minute nap around mid day where the 'afternoon slump hits'. I read a book on sleeping a while back and listened to Joe Rogan's podcast where he had Matthew Walker, PhD on the show discussing sleep. He talks about siestas and a host of other things that I found incredible. I've found that 7.5 hours works for me. Maybe if I did 9 I wouldn't need coffee.... hmm... It is hard to bring myself to do that though losing that 1.5 hours is a hindering thought.

- Being able to focus - this one of the biggest ones. And this one comes with practice. Focus is a skill, not a natural ability. And being able to get into this zone regularly to perform deep work (Cal Newport plug again) will allow you to naturally be engaged in your work. Some people call it flow. There's a lot of research on how beneficial it is to get into flow and on how to get into it. It ain't easy, but it's like a natural high.

I've been really thinking about all of these things lately and I'm figuring out how I can make them all work for me because they support my #1 goal: Absolutely demolishing finals.

That's probably way more than you thought you were gonna get haha. Once you get me started on something...
Thanks bro, good info in here. I think I’m gonna take advantage of the coffee. It really helps. Just maybe not every day.

I fvcked up. I wanted to stay up later and keep programming. But I took a “5 minute nap” cause I was really tired and fell asleep. I should’ve just gone to the engineering hall to study instead of in my room. I’m so frustrated cause of course everyone wants to have their dumb little meetings the day I have a program due. Idk if I can even finish it anymore. I suppose this is just willpower like you said. FML

Like you said, doing well in school is my number one priority. I didn’t waste any time today yet I still barely scratched this damn lab. I may have to use the energy drinks if it’s night and I’m in a pinch. I think it’d be better to sacrifice my health a bit and succeed in school/life, than to forego the energy drinks and coffee, fall asleep, and then lose.

I’m not gonna give up though. Even with all the BS life is gonna throw at me, I should be able to squeeze in 6 hours of programming today. I’m just gonna have to finish it in 6. I hate working under pressure like this but I’ll have to do it.

I’ll let you know once I turn it in. I’m gonna get this lab working properly if it’s the last thing I do. FML.

Last edited:

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the penalty for turning it in later in the day?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the penalty for turning it in later in the day?
It’s on time or it’s a zero. So I have to do it. Due at midnight though so I should be able to scrape together like 6 hours throughout the day to finish it.

Really shouldn’t have fallen asleep... but I’ll finish this lab if it’s the last thing I do.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the word?

I'm assuming you've been out gettin' after it. No time for small talk, eh?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Way I Game(Night)

I’ve been thinking a lot about the way I Game lately. I’ve been diving into a lot of theory so that I can go back into the field even stronger.

I was thinking about my Cold Approach 30 that went really well. Turns out I was using the Dr. Nerdlove Attraction Plan without even realizing it. And that approach went silky smooth. In fact, most of my smoothest approaches came from this plan. I really like this approach cause I have a plan and I know where I’m going, but it’s not as rigid as say Mystery Method. I don’t wanna have to worry about stuff like DHVs or Attraction Phase. You can work on attraction, comfort and all of that at the same time instead of being locked into phases. This is what he said on the conference call too. So this is gonna be my new Night Game Plan.

One thing I learned from Magic Bullets is to not let the conversation die. Sometimes you have to do up to 90% of the talking to keep the conversation going until you reach that social hook point. So yeah, that’s definitely important. Made mistakes there for sure.

One of the main issues I have with Game is not knowing what to talk about/running out of things to say. A counter for that that both The Natural and The DJ Bible suggested was to plan out some openers, transitions, and a list of conversation topics beforehand. So I will do that before I go out and do nightgame. These will be my “routines” essentially that I can fall back on if my mind ever goes blank.

Social Circle Game is easy, Roosh’s Appendix from “Game” is really all I need to know in regards to that.

Now the only missing piece of the puzzle is Day Game. I’m gonna start reading Day Bang by Roosh V. After I do that, that’s all the pieces to the puzzle(I plan on watching this 2 hour RSD lecture as well.)

But then after that I should be able to see the big picture. And then I will have absolutely zero excuse for not approaching people. Once I complete all of this, I’m gonna start giving myself a Weekly Approach Quota with both Daygame and Nightgame mixed together.

My prospects are looking pretty good as long as I don’t reject myself. I think that warrants a separate update. I’ll tell you guys what happened once I go on an actual date. I should be able to go on at least one this week.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Grades

@GrowingPains
@LiveYourDream
@Papa_smu

Good news, guys! I got my grades back today. I made an 80 on my first Databases Test! I know that’s not the greatest thing in the world, but it’s infinitely better than the 16 I made on it last semester.

And that Lab 3 that I barely finished in Object Oriented Programming? He gave me an 80 cause I “clearly knew what I was doing.”

I swear, actually reading books on the subjects I’m studying has done me so much good this semester.

Thanks for all your help and encouragement guys! It’s definitely been a factor in helping me get these good grades. I won’t get complacent though, I have a program, lab, and lots of homework coming up on me fast.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LETS. FVCKING. GO!!!!!

Good stuff man, keep it up. 80 is great progress. Remember; progress not perfection. Think that way and you'll reach all kinds of new heights. All kindssss.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LETS. FVCKING. GO!!!!!

Good stuff man, keep it up. 80 is great progress. Remember; progress not perfection. Think that way and you'll reach all kinds of new heights. All kindssss.
All kindssssss of gainz haha. Thanks for your encouragement bro! You guys keep me going when I’m not sure I can do it.

Know what’s funny though? I made that 80 by cramming for the test in two days. I made that 73 on the first program by learning and cramming it in one day. Imagine if I had actually studied a week or two out? I’m satisfied because I’m actually passing this semester as opposed to the last, but I’m not living up to my full potential imo.

It’s still possible for me to make an A in this class. If I could do that it would seriously do wonders for my GPA this semester. A program for Databases is due in a couple of days. I’m shooting for a 100. If I can test my code as much as I want and get help, why shouldn’t I get a 100? Gonna be a bit of a time crunch, but still.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha I love the HodgeTwins.

Haha we just type words man. You're the one making it happen. Go 'head and get you a 100 mane. Yeahhhhh.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purchases

Okay guys, I thought it might be good to do a financial update so you guys know that I’m not just blowing my money.

Half of it I saved towards school. I used the other half to buy things that I thought would be good investments. Expensive but worth it imo. These investments will eventually let me make my money back.

What I Bought:
Presonus Eris E3.5 Producing Speakers: I’m taking my songwriting more seriously. I want to make it a business and actually make passive income off it in the future. Therefore, I need some good producing speakers to check my mixes on. People on Reddit and the internet seem to really like these, plus they’re aesthetic and portable. On top of that, I’m gonna have lots of hoes over to hear my original music. I’ve done this in the past and I’m sick and tired of my music sounding like crap and being embarrassed because of these sh*t laptop speakers. I really hope these speakers are punchy like people say so I can hear the bass. They ran me about $100. Not bad for producing speakers.

Carrot Creme: My barber recommended I get this for waves so I’m gonna listen to him. Especially since I’m gonna be brushing an hour a day now to make sure my hair is trained enough to cut with a 2 guard.

———————————————————
BOOKS:

I bought “How to be a Straight A Student” by Cal Newport. The academic fight this semester is nowhere near over. So I thought this book would definitely help. If nothing else, I’ll read it over Spring Break, which is coming up very soon. I’ll bet the concepts in here can be applied to my professional and general life as well.

I also bought “Can’t Hurt Me” by David Goggins. Seems like an interesting read. And plus anything that can teach me how to stay motivated throughout the trials and tribulations of life is always a plus.

I bought 4 Wave Caps to go to the gym in but those are dirt cheap.

——————————

I know I bought a lot of stuff, but I think everything I bought was necessary, really. Proud of myself for earning this much money this weekend and saving half of it for school.

Now that I have my producing monitors, I really don’t need to make any more big purchases. I wanted to buy some new Nike shoes but I restrained myself. What’s more important, looking fresh now or saving for these classes so I can graduate and make money later(and then use that money to get as fresh as I want)? I definitely know the answer to that question so I’m gonna stay in my Chuck Taylors and offbrand Walmart running shoes for the time being. Hey, I’m off to a good start saving my money.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zero Faith in Humanity; When to go to Sleep

I like Dr. Nerdlove’s honest approach to dating, I really do. But after getting soft rejected and seeing how shallow these hoes are in person and on social media, I have zero faith in females anymore. Especially these hired guns. So shallow and dumb.

I do agree with a lot of Dr. Nerdlove’s Game, like maintaining Emotional Momentum and stuff like that. But for these dumb hoes, I just don’t think going with a totally honest approach like that is gonna work. I’m gonna go full on PUA/Mystery Method, I can’t be genuine anymore. It’ll give me more confidence in my approach too cause I know EXACTLY what I need to be saying and doing. The only way I’m gonna be able to relate to these hoes is through PUA.

Looks, Money, Status. Every stereotype that the pickup industry has about women is pretty much spot on I’ve found.

My Game is gonna be a weird hybrid between PUA Stuff, AMS, and Dr. Nerdlove.

Then again, why not have both the Nerdlove Attraction Method and Mystery Method in my toolbox so I can use either as needed?
—————————————

Also, sometimes I need to know when to throw in the towel and just go to bed. I tried to stay up until 6 AM and that ended really badly for me. Still learning responsibility.

Last edited:

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can’t be genuine anymore
What do you mean by this?

Is that what a DJ would do?

A man with self respect is genuine. A genuine man doesn't change for others. Changing for others is not respectable. Being able to adapt is different.

Why don't you figure out where the women that you don't consider vapid/hoes are? I mean I know some of the most attractive girls have the least to them. But there's hot girls with brains too. Tbh, if a b!tch doesn't entertain me then why would I waste my time with her just to potentially fvck. My time is more valuable than that. She needs to be worthy of my time.

And maybe you should give these girls a chance to be more than a vapid party hoe. Do you see them and instantly your vapid party hoe radar goes up before you even speak to them? Everyone has something to say, you just have to bring it out of them. This is what being a good conversationalist is about. Have you considered that the problem might be you? I'm not saying it is, I'm just opening you to the opportunity to think about it. The same way you might be thinking 'wow, she has nothing intelligent to say', she might think 'wow, this guy sucks at having intelligent conversation'.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean by this?

Is that what a DJ would do?

A man with self respect is genuine. A genuine man doesn't change for others. Changing for others is not respectable. Being able to adapt is different.

Why don't you figure out where the women that you don't consider vapid/hoes are? I mean I know some of the most attractive girls have the least to them. But there's hot girls with brains too. Tbh, if a b!tch doesn't entertain me then why would I waste my time with her just to potentially fvck. My time is more valuable than that. She needs to be worthy of my time.

And maybe you should give these girls a chance to be more than a vapid party hoe. Do you see them and instantly your vapid party hoe radar goes up before you even speak to them? Everyone has something to say, you just have to bring it out of them. This is what being a good conversationalist is about. Have you considered that the problem might be you? I'm not saying it is, I'm just opening you to the opportunity to think about it. The same way you might be thinking 'wow, she has nothing intelligent to say', she might think 'wow, this guy sucks at having intelligent conversation'.
I say all this because I’m thinking of overhauling my entire approach(now that I’ve done like 30.) Instead of just saying what’s on my mind, I’m thinking of going old school and using routines/flowcharts designed to create maximal attraction. But at the same time, that seems somewhat constricting.

I think this warrants its own thread. Gonna make that real quick, brb

Status
Not open for further replies.