Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

nicksaiz65 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm making good progress on studying for this test tomorrow. I know for a fact that I'll pass this Databases test tomorrow. I know exactly what's on it, now I just need to go over the slides. The thing that worries me the most is the SQL stuff because I'm not very familiar with that. But that's nothing that studying can't fix. If I just take my life one step at a time, one day at a time, I'm sure that things will turn out just fine this semester. And in my life in general now that I’m learning how to live it competently.

I’ll keep looking at my life objectively and improving it.

SIDENOTE: If everything goes according to my plan, my GPA is looking like it will be around a 3.1 this semester. If I mess up then it'll be around a 2.7. Not the most excellent thing in the world, but leaps and bounds better than the shyt grades that I cranked out these last two semesters. Although that being said, it's too early to tell exactly what my GPA is gonna be. I need to stop calculating it over and over and just STUDY MY BUTT OFF and then i'll be able to predict it with more accuracy in 3 weeks or so. Plus, if I need to drop anything I always have that option available to me.

Although I will say this. I ran several possible test scenarios with my grades. As long as I don't do something uber-retarded like simply stop trying, I should be totally okay when it comes to my grades this semester. I'll have at least a decent GPA. So I'm going to stop stressing out so much and do the work that is in front of me at the moment.

Last edited:

shouldbefun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually worried that you aren't working out. Anything, even a random crossfit bodyweight WOD would do you some good. Maybe some sit-ups. Fix your diet, eat more greens. Hit the diary/fats/protein and avoid carbs.

Furthermore, after that test plan your day. Have a structure and try to understand the content. Study the exam papers and summaries your content into bullet points.

Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford students study max 4 hours a day. If you can fit 4 hours a day of quality work, you will ace it. Theres book's and research on how much you should study.

Do sports, lift, take hobbies. Tennis, basketball, whatever you like. Just have something to do that you aren't sitting on the chair all day.

Goodluck.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford students study max 4 hours a day.
I don't believe it. Even though Cal says this quite often. There are a few students who are outliers to the rule because theyve truly mastered the ability to learn hard things quickly. But I go to a 'famous' university, I won't say which one, but that's not the case here. Maybe they get 4 hours of focused studying and the quality of the other hours arent top notch.

Thats beside the point. Nick, to support your 'stop calculating your potential grade effort': it doesn't matter what you calculate so you should definitely just forget about it. Whether it's a 40 or a 100, all you can do is your best. If you leave it all on the table, there's nothing else you could've done. And that's all that matters.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually worried that you aren't working out. Anything, even a random crossfit bodyweight WOD would do you some good. Maybe some sit-ups. Fix your diet, eat more greens. Hit the diary/fats/protein and avoid carbs.

Furthermore, after that test plan your day. Have a structure and try to understand the content. Study the exam papers and summaries your content into bullet points.

Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford students study max 4 hours a day. If you can fit 4 hours a day of quality work, you will ace it. Theres book's and research on how much you should study.

Do sports, lift, take hobbies. Tennis, basketball, whatever you like. Just have something to do that you aren't sitting on the chair all day.

Goodluck.
I have seriously been slacking on my lifting. In the past I did StrongLifts 5x5 and ran 5Ks. I really liked it, and it made me strong and lean.

I need to get back to my physical peak again. That’ll do wonders for my Inner Game(which is holding me back) as well.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pre-Databases Test

I'm pretty sure that I've touched on this idea before, but working in bed is really just a dumbass idea. It will freaking destroy you. I'll never be doing that again.

I decided to get some sleep before the Databases Test. When you don't procrastinate, it's super nice to be able to get some sleep before a test.

Still working on that time management like you guys said.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just dropping in to say crush that test today, brother.

I would say 'good luck' but luck is just when preparation meets opportunity, as they say.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Databases Test Update

Meh! That’s about all I have to say! Honestly, I don’t know if I passed.

I killed the matching and vocabulary part. Thank God I read the book. It helped me out so much. But the Relational Algebra aspect of the test really tripped me up. I had to bullshyt a lot of answers.

But you know what? At the very least, I did better than last semester. When I took this last semester not only could I not finish the first homework at all, but I made literally a 12 on the test. LMAO. Lowest score I’ve ever made in my life. So at the very least, I know I did better than that.

Even if I failed the test, I’m still in a good position to make a B overall in the class.

Now the big issues tomorrow are a Unix Lab Quiz, Calculus 2 Test, and a Lab in Unix Due tomorrow. So I’ll be working on those.

Additionally, I bought the book SQL All in One for Dummies. I think it could help me out with this class, and it’ll be a good resource for my programming future in general.

Today, I need to do my Object Oriented Programming Daily Assignment and go to the lab so I can get credit for that. As soon as that is done, I’m going straight back home to start preparing for tomorrow’s mess of things. This is gonna be tough.

After that, school will calm down just a bit and I can actually get back on a normal studying schedule.

I also picked up a copy of Day Bang and Mystery Method just for fun. I’ll read those this weekend though. I think I’ll finally have a nice and solid framework for doing these approaches(which I need to get back to.)

Once this flurry to tests is over, I need to get my lazy butt back in the gym as well.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have the rest of the day/evening to show your focus and discipline. Tomorrow will show your results. Give it your best today! No regrets!
For sure! As soon as I get out of this lab, I’ll give it my all and make sure that I continue to make good grades tomorrow.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention, my black bomber jacket from Forever 21 came in today. It’s sexy af

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Random but relevant thought I had while on my study break: Hoes will be the most superficial people ever judging men, but then they’ll be the main ones talking about “I’m more than just a body, respect me for my mind too”

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2/19/19: Hell Week is Over, Let's Talk Math, Let's Talk Game, Let's Talk Life

School has been trying to murder me back to back with deadlines lately. But it's finally over, I took my Math Test today and that was the last of my deadlines. Now from now on I need to be working 24/7 to make sure that I'm never up against the wire like this again. I've never been so stressed out in my life. Working on SOMETHING 24/7 is just gonna have to be a theme in my life from now on now that I'm getting older. I really don't have a second to waste anymore. Speaking of that, now that this hell week has passed I need to go clean up my room and then go to the gym after the last of my classes.

As I said, I had my test in Calculus 2 today. I feel pretty good about it. I know I passed, I just don't know how well exactly. Now I need to start doing this homework. My teacher has been chastising me about having not done it. He said that if I refuse to do the homework, I have a 0% chance of passing. So I need to do that along with this Object Oriented Programming Lab(I'll probably need to go to the TA Hours for this one, it's due in like 3 days) and I need to start early on my Databases homework as well. If I start early, I can make a 100 on it.

I need to drop a couple of classes. Taking 20 hours is just fvcking ridiculous. It could be done if I had perfect time management skills, but I sure didn't at the start of this semester. As long as I take classes this summer and take a big semester next Fall, I'm still on track to graduating.

I'm putting together a comprehensive Cold Approach flowchart. I'll never get stuck or not know what to say in Game ever again. This month though, regarding my dating, I just want to keep improving myself and get these two prospects out on dates(or get rejected/flaked on, whichever happens. It's fine, the victory is in the trying.) Then I'm about to start going in on these Cold Approaches again. And some Daygame too! Now that I know how to do it correctly.

I think I'm going to pick up a Cal Newport book after my payday so I can save more money before I buy new stuff. I don't mind reading it physically. Which one will help improve my time management skills the best, guys? I really have no freaking idea which one I should get.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I’ll postpone the date. Because of my procrastination I’m really gonna have to cram this material. I hope it sticks.

I’ll do my absolute best henceforth and I’ll let you know once I make those great grades.
Stop talking about doing it and do it. Or don't. But stop saying how you are going to keep doing something not do it and then come back and say "No this time I REALLY am going to do it!"

Very counterproductive and you are only foolng yourself, IMHO.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop talking about doing it and do it. Or don't. But stop saying how you are going to keep doing something not do it and then come back and say "No this time I REALLY am going to do it!"

Very counterproductive and you are only foolng yourself, IMHO.
To my credit though I’m doing better, did way better on these last 3 tests than I did last semester. I can tell because I was able to answer the questions this time and last semester I was like wtf is this

Last edited:

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which one will help improve my time management skills the best, guys?
How to Become a Straight A Student - known to Study Hacks (his blog) readers as 'the red book'.

You can view the table of contents here. I think you'll find the topics relevant.

The key to any self improvement book isn't to try and do all of the things it suggests at once. You'll become frustrated. Cal's book will suggest MANY ideas that you can use to be better. You must pick 1 or 2 that can improve your life, master them, then pick another 2.

This is the idea of another self help book called the One Thing. There is one thing that you can do that will significantly improve your results. You may be familiar with the 80/20 rule. That's what this is. 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts. So picking the One Thing is picking the 20%.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How to Become a Straight A Student - known to Study Hacks (his blog) readers as 'the red book'.

You can view the table of contents here. I think you'll find the topics relevant.

The key to any self improvement book isn't to try and do all of the things it suggests at once. You'll become frustrated. Cal's book will suggest MANY ideas that you can use to be better. You must pick 1 or 2 that can improve your life, master them, then pick another 2.

This is the idea of another self help book called the One Thing. There is one thing that you can do that will significantly improve your results. You may be familiar with the 80/20 rule. That's what this is. 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts. So picking the One Thing is picking the 20%.
Okay, I’ll try and keep my goals small and realistic.

How to Win at College seemed pretty cool too. I’ll try to pick up both funds permitting.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold Approach 30 & Dating Prospects

Since we've been talking exclusively about school lately, let's change gears and talk about dating. I have 3 prospects at the moment.

I totally forgot to put this in the journal because I was so overwhelmed by school. But I saw a cute new server at the bar that I work at last week. I struck up a conversation with her, and it turns out that we have a ton of mutual friends. She's even a music nerd like me. I've been texting her lately, and she's been responding very positively. So I'm gonna get her out as soon as I get a chance. I will do that next week when school calms down because I still have a lot of schoolwork haunting my life. If I can get her out on a date, bringing her back to my place for a second date would be insanely easy. All I have to do is say "wanna hear some of my music originals?" We can go to a bar first. And then boom, sex. Of course, that would require me actually writing some music that doesn't suck...

Here's how I know she's been responding well:
She always responds to my texts within 5 minutes
She'll engage in the flirty dialogue that I'm having with her
She asks me questions about myself
She was at an event on campus and she actually invited me to it the day after I got her number. I was busy, so I couldn't go but we'll hang out at some point.
After her statements, she'll send me stuff like two blushing emojis in a row

There's that one girl with a boyfriend that I'm pretty sure likes me lol. Been getting lots of IOIs. She has a white boyfriend but we were hanging out and she told me "I like my coffee like I like my men, black." That's hilarious lol. She was legit busy last week but I'll just ask her out again this weekend. We'll go get drinks and then go back to my place.

And then there's that other girl that I already went out and got coffee with. I tried to set up another date with her so that I could go for the lay. She said "Maybe not this week cause I have work today, and I'm going home tomorrow, but definitely sometime next week?" And then that smiling halo emoji. Since she gave me a counteroffer, I think it's pretty safe to assume she's at least somewhat interested. If she weren't she would've just blown me off.

I use a Two Strikes Rule when it comes to this kind of stuff.

One thing I can definitely work on though is knowing when to shut up once I've set the date on my texts. I messed up with that. I'm pretty sure that AMS has a video on that which I need to watch. And no, I don't believe in only texting for logistics...

But anyways, I think I'm doing pretty well! What do you guys think? I'm about to go finish this lab/homework so I can get help from the TAs tomorrow and make sure it's done correctly. I'd like to get a 100 on this Lab 4.

SIDENOTE: I’ve learned that hoes really don’t care about what kind of date you do when you move towards fvcking them. Just hanging out, and drinking A BIT(make sure the girl doesn’t get too drunk) and listening to music at a friends house then coming back to my place to hear my original music(which I reeeeeally need to work on by the way cause I kinda suck) and fvck is totally fine. You don’t have to go out if you don’t want to: although you can if you choose. So I’m not even stressing it! I’m gonna try this on these 3 prospects then post the field reports back here. Ya boi has options now!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.