Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

nicksaiz65 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys who read this journal, will the study and time management skills that I'm learning in school now carry over to my programming job?

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys who read this journal, will the study and time management skills that I'm learning in school now carry over to my programming job?
I believe so.

In this regard, college has two benefits:

1. Very obvious one - to learn fundamentals of a vast knowledge set.
2. Not so obvious but those who catch on are the most rewarded (in many senses) - to learn how to master and apply those fundamentals. To learn to solve problems and to think critically, reasonably and independently. Any job market will reward that, especially a capitalist one. However, benefiting from college in this way takes some initiative. Overcoming personal problems, doing relevant extracurricular projects.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have friends in your classes that can help you with your work? By help I mean answer your questions when you get stuck or show you how to do something - not copying their work.

This is something that I need to work on, I was pretty alone in my classes last term until the end. This term I'm going to focus on establishing strong relationships in the beginning.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have friends in your classes that can help you with your work? By help I mean answer your questions when you get stuck or show you how to do something - not copying their work.

This is something that I need to work on, I was pretty alone in my classes last term until the end. This term I'm going to focus on establishing strong relationships in the beginning.
I do. I could use more though. In general and in classes.

The class was granted an extension on our Databases assignment. I've gotta work on that so I'll talk to you more in depth about that later!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sidenotes on Women that I'm Learning on Tinder

1.) No fvcking compliments. Ever. Just giving out free validation, and I'll get tossed to the side of the road if I do.
2.) The key to getting these hoes is the ability to show indifference(and that you're higher status.) Really, that's what the Game is all about.
3.) I'm not gonna succeed until I really, really play the Numbers Game. And I have to be rejection proof to do that. The only way to be rejection proof is by the Self Improvement
4.) You can't be corny: hold a strong, masculine frame
5.) These lil bitty bytches not cooperating? That's fine. I have to be happy alone and just Self Improve. The bytches will come. I must stay on my purpose and keep grinding
6.) Play these women just like you would play a video game

Speaking of Self Improvement... let's get my money right. Back to Databases!!!!!! I've got 12 hours. I need to learn to set the damned Sonic Boom Alarm Clock that I have.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've Found my Hairstyle

I turned in the program. I decided to give myself a haircut afterwards. I hadn't had a cut in 5 weeks. Hadn't Self Cut in a while either but I need to learn. If I'm gonna pay off my student loans, I've gotta be able to Self Cut. Haircuts can cost nearly $1000 a year if you get them every 2 weeks. $2000 if you like a cut every week, which I do honestly.

Fvck Tapers. A Low Drop Fade with 360 Waves is gonna be my style from now on. I find fades so much easier to cut compared to Tapers. I tried to do a taper at first but it looked awful so I finessed it into a fade. I have to say, I cut a mean ass blend. I'm really happy with how it came out.

I messed up my hairline though. I shouldn't have touched it. My hairline is naturally like a rainbow. I don't know how to fix that. I'll have to consult with internet barbers.

With my fades, I will trust what the Self Cut System 2.0 is telling me.

But long story short I'm saving money and feeling great. With more practice and growth I'll learn the hairline. Then I'll be saving myself thousands of dollars and be fulfilling my dreams of being a Waver/barber.

Before:

After:
Low Drop Fade
Low Drop Fade Sideshot

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How I Want my Hair to Look:

I think I did a damn good job copying the fade considering that this is professional and I have no barber training! Now that my hair is low I need to brush brush brush to get my hair looking like that. Maybe I'll start listening to that new Robert Greene audiobook.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Responsibility

Also, no more of this 6 deadlines in 7 days BS ever again. I'm using Google Calendars now so I can't get blindsided by that stuff ever again

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not feeling school whatsoever today guys... I swear the only thing that gets me out of bed is the desire to be a DJ/PUA and stunt. That's my life I suppose.

Last week was literally the worst week of my life with the deadlines back to back to back. Big deadlines too!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Found my Hairstyle

Sigh, just found out my fade wasn't blended right. Back to the Tapers.

I won't give up. One of my goals is to be a Self Cutting 360 Waver who's killing life. And his **** is on spin. I swear I will learn and perfect this stuff. I want to save money by not going to the barber and be cool by being able to cut my hair whenever.

Low Taper will be the style.

I need to save money, watch barber videos, and have a chop whenever.

I'll wear a hat, let this grow back, and keep brushing in the meantime. If Nick Wavy or Enemy Cutz can do it then so can I.

I have to learn to Self Cut. I will be a Self Cutting Elite Waver, one of the big dogs. Then I'll keep that style for life because it's who I am. I'd rather mess up now and save money in the long run.

I will save this money and get this convenience!!!

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Music Composition

Tried to work on my music purpose today. My compositions suck. I'm not writing another damn note until I read some books on writing music. I've got Writers' Block.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This started in response to your PM. I took it farther. A while back you said the 31st is the last day to withdraw from classes, I think. I am posting here so others will hopefully offer you their feedback and support, as well. You have some big decisions to make, in my view. It is not my area of expertise. Those that are in it, at either end, are more equipped to advise you. I hope they will. This is what came forward for me...

I am going to give you some hard truth... (with a lot of love behind it)

Unless your parents are incredibly rich, I think you should seriously consider withdrawing from college. I really said that. You are wasting their hard earned money. You have no appreciation for how much it costs for you to get D's and withdraw from classes, only to repeat them again and again. It is a waste of your time and a HUGE waste of their money. If you still had scholarships it would be another thing. As I understand you lost those. Don't waste your parents' money. They don't deserve that! You can go watch P/U videos in their basement and not cost them thousands of dollars, as you are now.

You cram at the last minute. You scramble to find a solution of the internet. I don't get the sense, nor do your grades reflect it, that you are truly learning much of anything, that you will retain and will actually be useful to use to perform for a client. You will have a transcript with what ?...a bunch of C's, D's, and W's, and a huge college bill with no real skill, if you actually can scrape by as you are.

You say you want to be a successful CS person. You show no true passion for it. You seem to only do it because a deadline gets to the point that you are going to be fvcked if you don't. Even then, you tend to wait till your fvcked. If this was the first term like that or due to a special circumstance, I'd suggest differently. It's not. How many terms have been like this? Two years, maybe three YEARS worth????

You need to invest in a profession that you are passionate about! If not a lot, at least enough to learn it well, enjoy it and be good at it.

You are not doing what you need to learn what you are there to master. You don't seem to enjoy it. It seems more like a task to get done. How can you be good at it when you don't even take the time to learn it???

Your world/priority is becoming a DJ. You watch youtube videos for hours on end, while your parents are paying good money for you to master a skill so you can do well and support yourself comfortably, out in the world. QUIT WASTING THEIR MONEY!!!! I imagine they work hard for their money. I imagine it is a sacrifice, on some level, for them to cover your college costs, now that you lost your scholarship.

Don't get suicidal and think you are the world's biggest fvck up. You are not! If you get crazy down reading this then call a suicide hotline or go to a counselor on campus. Bypass those thoughts. It's not hopeless. There is always a solution. Open your eyes wider when you are not seeing one.

There is not a nicer way to say these things, at least that I know. I mean well, with all of it.

You need to get honest with yourself. You tell yourself day after day after day how you are going to study and get your assignments done early. They don't interest you or it seems. I wonder if the real world of having a job doing what you are training to do is actually going to be any more interesting to you? You are young and learning and this is the field you are interested in and you have to lock yourself down to the last hours to even engage it. If the real world after college is not going to interest you anymore than what you are doing now, all the more reason to take a break and reevaluate.

I think to be in college bet you are at least 80% into it, bare minimum. Otherwise you are wasting someone's money. Right now your interest seems at 10% on a good day, from where I sit. Your GREATEST interest is in P/U videos, waves and music. That is what fills your head 90% of the time, from my view. Again, you can do that from your parent's basement.

Most of your expenses are paid and you have no connection to how much money is being thrown away, every term that once again, you don't really learn anything. You worry about gaming hoe's and what to text them or not, what waves to have or not, meanwhile thousands of dollars are circling down the drain, because while your body is there at college, your mind and heart is not.

I think you should seriously consider withdrawing. I am not telling you you to. I am saying consider it. Until your head and heart are in it...why are you there? To get a piece a paper diploma with no actual knowledge or skills??

If you are truly passionate about CS and want to pursue it, I suggest you at least get a serious reality check from Marmel and Sacz about what life, day to day is really like vs your idea of what it is going to be like. If it is going to be more of the same, day in and day out, then cut your losses now, or at least your parents' losses now. It's your time invested too. Best to be into something you are excited to wake up and do. Or at least happy and good at it. This would not be it, if it is more of the same.

If you really are into it, but just incredibly distracted, than talk to them about how relevant all the classes you've done poorly in, really are in the long haul. If they are more fluff or things that are outdated you may be able to work it out. If they are foundational then better ask how to get it done so you can truly catch up and repair the foundation that you should already have. You never want to build upon a crappy foundation.

It was recommended you meet up with a counselor and handle some issues. You said you would, but that didn't seem to happen. Avoiding it doesn't help you. The intent was to get you support so you on multiple levels, one being so you could /would do school/life differently. If you decide to stay in college and move forward, I'd suggest you engage such support ASAP. You could seriously benefit simply from the basics of helping you to create and solidify good daily habits for yourself, and to work week by week, to build upon them, with accountability. To really do it vs talk about it.

To me it seems you priorities have been:
1. 70% DJ/ P/U Skills via SS and YouTube
2. 10% Hoes
3. 10% Waves and Music
4. 10% College Classes and Assignments

I am an outside observer with a skewed view. From my perception that's how I see you spending your time/energy. To be successful there, it needs to flip bigtime.

If you do seriously consider withdrawing and even if you don't, I'd recommend you talk to an academic advisor and see where you stand about being able to re-enroll. Would they allow you with your current GPA? Would you be able to automatically re-enroll or would you possibly lose out vs another candidate with better credentials?

If you do stay, where do you stand as far as the college putting you on academic probation? Are you already on it? How far away are you, from the college kicking you out? They do that for poor academics that continue. You best know where you stand so you are not blindsided. Likley better you leave by choice, than because the college kicked you out.

I know there is a lot here. None of it is meant as a personal judgement. I think you need to get yourself in order and make a clear choice about what is REALLY going to serve you, moving forward!!!!

By the way...is this how you got through High School? Is this usual behavior for you? No offense, you come across as incredibly immature and irresponsible for your age. Did you have a rough upbringing? Did you grow up feeling entitled and everything was handled or considered good enough and you always made it through, without REALLY putting in an effort?

Why do you think you are so immature for your age??? Truly??? Think about it and answer it.

Do you simply check out when you feel overwhelmed or uninterested?

What have you really worked for/earned in your life?

I read in one of your comments in the last couple days or so about your dream of being a Barber or wave guy or something. If that is what floats your boat and you are ACTUALLY more of a people person and more of a creative heart, than sitting in front of a computer writing programs by yourself you need to get HONEST about that! REALLY look at that!!! Not everyone can sit in front of a computer day in and day out and love it. Some people need a different level of tangible interaction. Do what will most fulfill your heart!!!! Find a REAL way to translate it into financial success, as well!!!

Food for thought. Lot's to think about.

TL;DR
Get REAL with yourself!!! Not hyped for a few days about what you want/intend to do and say you are going do!
GET REAL ABOUT WHAT IS TRULY GOING ON FOR YOU!!!!
Come up with the solution that will TRULY best serve you and your life!!!!

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick,

I hope these messages find you well. LYD really put the tough love on you here, mate. Lots to think about. Definitely worth considering a lot mentioned and unmentioned here. In your thinking, take your time. I have been practicing this recently as usually the best outcome does not come from sporadic thought.

I have some things to add, but I wanna know what you have to say and what questions you have about what she's posed. So I'll hold off until you respond so that the conversation can fully develop.

Be breezy.

And if this causes you to think negatively about your life... remember that you only get one of these miracles... why waste it by taking it. Make the most of it by living it to the fullest. We are young af, the possibilities are endless. You just need a reality check, then you can go cash that mfer in for some life gains.

This lyrics resonated with me recently:

"What's between heaven and hell? A brand new me."
- Mac Miller, Ascension

"Yeah, they ask me what I'm smilin' for
Well, because I've never been this high before
It's like I never felt alive before
Mhmm, I'd rather have me peace of mind than war
See me and you, we ain't that different
I struck the **** out and then I came back swingin'
Take my time to finish, mind my business
A life ain't a life 'til you live it
I was diggin' me a hole big enough to bury my soul
Weight of the world, I gotta carry my own
My own, with these songs I can carry you home
I'm right here when you scared and alone"
- Mac Miller, 2009

Damn I got quotes/references for everything.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of this stuff you think you need to do physically isn't going to end up fixing yourself on the inside. Until this gets fixed you are probably going to struggle.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@GrowingPains Perfect. ^^^ I agree no rash quick decisions! @nicksaiz65--Tune in to your self inside. What is REALLY true for you?? Have the courage to be 1000% honest with yourself. Don't go looking for a set answer. Get quiet and see what is really inside and really true. No one's expectations. Not yours. Not anyone's. What is really true. It might be a lot of tears, to start! Let them flow!!! Start there! Don't rush it. One step at a time.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[QUOTE="LiveYourDream, post: 2631420, ]
I really appreciate the write-up and I agree with much of what you say: this time I'm going to defend myself a bit though. I honestly think I've been doing much better.

As for starting last minute, I've been doing much better about that. The issues I was having were with OOP Program 1 and Databases. I started OOP 2 Weeks out and Databases a week out. I couldn't figure out OOP for the life of me. I got tutoring, I sat in front of the screen for hours... Just nothing doing. I was able to finish Databases but that was one of the most obnoxious programs I've had the displeasure of doing. I just couldn't solve the program in OOP, it didn't work. So idk what to say on that. I passed everything else and my average was looking like a 78. But take away Program 1 and it becomes a 68. Fvck.

I know it seems all I talk about is DJing from here. But on a real day of my life, I'm actually just running around doing school stuff, classes, et cetera. My mind just tends to wander to Game when I take my breaks so I end up posting on here. I promise I'm not just sitting around watching Game videos lol. It's just my mind tends to wander to it throughout the day and I like to post here to gather my thoughts. As I go throughout the tedium of my day, y'know? The Game stuff helps me take my mind off things for a few minutes. Game is dynamic so I always have new stuff on it. Classes? Study... Do the programs... Not much to say

I'll go ahead and make the discussion public that I was having about these classes. I made a D in Calculus 2 the first time. So I'm retaking it now. But I was looking at the Undergraduate Path and that may be enough to move on. I'd just have to take MATH 3070 instead of MATH 3410. If that's the case, I'm done with Cal 2. Out of every class I've ever taken, there's been none I hate more than Cal 2. It's the most frustrating, annoying, obnoxious class I've ever dealt with.

I hope I don't make a D in Databases. I SHOULD make a C if things go according to my plan. But I'm just preparing for the worst case scenario in case my program bombs or something like that. And if it does, do I have to retake it? If I pass, I'm not looking back. That class is frigging hard and I don't wanna do it again.

I'm sorry but I can't ever give up on this CS degree. If it's not CS, I don't wanna do anything at all. I love music, and cutting hair is cool, but my dream is to be a programmer AND musician. My transcript is pretty bad but I'm just gonna do the out of sight out of mind thing on this one.

I realize I've fvcked up with the money. As soon as I graduate and get a job, I'm gonna live on half my income. With the other half, I will pay off student loans and give my parents $40,000 as an apology.

As for getting thrown out? I'd have to fail absolutely everything next semester. I'm still in the clear for this semester.

And as for getting help I don't have a defense for that. I'm still running from my problems and barely staying afloat with classes.

In high school, I had a 3.6. I was determined to prove to everyone that I was the best. I did that my first semester of college but then the CS stuff got frustrating and I gave up.

I honestly feel like I'm doing better this semester thanks to you guys.

I've been avoiding my advisor like the plague. My transcript is cancer lol. I can't go see her with grades like that! She teaches a lot of the classes I fvcked up in!!! How embarrassing! I told myself I won't talk to her until I have a really good semester.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm not open to feedback or abrasive, but I honestly think this semester I have some things to defend towards myself

@LiveYourDream

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick,

I hope these messages find you well. LYD really put the tough love on you here, mate. Lots to think about. Definitely worth considering a lot mentioned and unmentioned here. In your thinking, take your time. I have been practicing this recently as usually the best outcome does not come from sporadic thought.

I have some things to add, but I wanna know what you have to say and what questions you have about what she's posed. So I'll hold off until you respond so that the conversation can fully develop.

Be breezy.

And if this causes you to think negatively about your life... remember that you only get one of these miracles... why waste it by taking it. Make the most of it by living it to the fullest. We are young af, the possibilities are endless. You just need a reality check, then you can go cash that mfer in for some life gains.

This lyrics resonated with me recently:

"What's between heaven and hell? A brand new me."
- Mac Miller, Ascension

"Yeah, they ask me what I'm smilin' for
Well, because I've never been this high before
It's like I never felt alive before
Mhmm, I'd rather have me peace of mind than war
See me and you, we ain't that different
I struck the **** out and then I came back swingin'
Take my time to finish, mind my business
A life ain't a life 'til you live it
I was diggin' me a hole big enough to bury my soul
Weight of the world, I gotta carry my own
My own, with these songs I can carry you home
I'm right here when you scared and alone"
- Mac Miller, 2009

Damn I got quotes/references for everything.
Mac Miller is awesome. Love his music.

I think this'd be a good direction to turn the conversation as well.

Why am I so obsessed with waves and clothes and all that fun stuff? Y'know, my best friend called me out on this, and it was super similar to what you guys were saying, but he said I'm just hiding and overcompensating. @LiveYourDream you said something about a persona of myself? Well he was like I'm using these clothes, waves, muscles and so on just to hide. I'm just using them as a shield to try and feel better about myself and put up this false front.

But is there anything wrong with that? Honestly? If I were ripped, athletic, had good grades, could dance, was an elite Waver etc. etc. I bet my life that I'd feel confident. Even if it's just a front.

Actually @LiveYourDream now that I think about it... The whole reason I came to SS was "I hate my life. I'm gonna create a new self, destroy the old one, and have that be my facade"

Whether that's a good or bad thing is open to interpretation. That's just the way I see the world tbh.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And to add to this, I have no idea how that would even start. This goes even deeper than half the "inner game" articles I've read

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And @LiveYourDream I'd agree, I am immature. But I have to get a CSC Degree. If I dont, that's equivalent to me giving up on myself. It has to be from my University too. Even if it's not the most fun coding all night(which I did this week) I swear I'll do it. It's funny how all this struggle is for a piece of paper like you said lol.

I was made fun of a lot growing up, which led me to Game. Then I started having some success.

I suspect what happened was that I was so determined to prove that I was the smartest. That anger kept me pushing through school. When I got the grades I wanted, I felt I had proved to myself that I was smart. Then I slacked off and school murdered me.

Are you saying school is supposed to be fun with these breakneck classes? Idk. I always thought it was supposed to be frustrating for everyone.

I know nothing, so I have to rely on the internet to compensate. That's all I can do. I don't know how to socialize, dress, date, study, code... So I figured the internet will solve my problems. I know that sounds super dumb.

I'll be at school a while longer but I'm happy about that tbh. It'll give me longer to work and kill life. And I'll pay my parents back.

I will never ever ever ever ever forgive myself if I don't have a CS Degree

Last edited:

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree @nicksaiz65 you have made some efforts. They were steps in a better direction. I agree. You can be proud of those. I apologize that I did not acknowledge them. I was not intending to say you were the same in your efforts or worse.

To be frank, sometimes you put out 'excuses' that are frankly BS weak cover-ups, for what was a by-product of your own choices all along, adding up. When you engage outings or lots of P/U videos before getting your work done and then wonder what happened when you are at deadline and cramming or missing it. To be frank, you offer excuses sometimes, when you simply should own it. The fact that you act or suggest you are a victim to some outside thing is BS. No one here buys that. Why are you selling it to yourself? You create your world!!!!

I am not pushing you in any one direction. I am not attached or think one is better than the other. You are the captain of your ship. Your current results say the house is on fire. It's time to figure out why?????

You can repaint the house, reroof the house, put in new landscaping, add a pool, invite a bunch of 'hoes' over for a pool party. That is what you are doing @nicksaiz65 Meanwhile YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!!

Getting better at texting, approaching, brushing out your waves while you sit in a chair by the pool and YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.

Trying to logically model and map out a successful diagram with picking up emotional females while YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.

Trying to decide which P/U artist is the one to follow for day game, night game, "hoe" game, while YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.

Cramming for exams and projects, worrying about your fraternity, while YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.

I think you get the point. YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.

You can runaround it, ignore it, look the other way, dress it different, it is still your house and IT IS STILL ON FIRE.

You can look away longer, you can ignore it longer, what do you think happens then????

Best handle it now. Not ion the surface. Not the facade. What is it, in the house that is on fire??? What needs to be attended to??? What is itr that will truly put it out???? What is REALLY NEEDED????

Status
Not open for further replies.