Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NFL Thread

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Teams also make huge revenue, like the Pats, by charging exhorbitant rates on parking, advertising, upperclass box office tickets, visits, fan involvement events, special channels, and yes, how good the team does thereby influencing merchandise sales. The New Orleans Saints FINALLY sold out, JUST because Bush was added to the team. That's the kind of draw a super-player has. They've sold out ALL home games and now have waiting lists for season tickets. The Saints franchise is a tad bit low now b/c of Katrina, poor performance, but is increasing. I'm surprised that the Redskins are so valuable, b/c they suk as a team. Portis was AWESOME on the Broncos and MIGHT have set records and probably would have seen a superbowl BY now had he stayed there. Mark my words. Remember the 5 td game he had and Shannon Sharpe put the KNOCK out belt on him? The rest of the players are just bought and paid for. Moss is a great WR, but he has no QB to chuck the rock to him. Cooley COULD be good, but they went out and overpaid for Lloyd and Randle El, talent, but nothing worth the over $15,000,000 they paid to acquire them. So...the rest of the money MUST come from how swift Snyder is OFF the field.

If it's worth a billion, as the Pats and Skins are worth, and I believe Dallas, and Philly are close, too, then they're generating 100's of millions per year. For those teams NOT generating as much, then the richer teams send money into the pot and its split around the league, such as Arizona.

A-Unit

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GO BEARS :D

It's 6am here, I went to make breakfast while the scores were Bears-14 Vikings-16, when I came back they scored a touchdown and I sh!t myself.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bucs are done for the year already. 0-3, lost their QB, and they have a rookie to replace him. Gruden's offensive line is awful. I hope the rookie qb Gradowski makes it through the season with all of his internal organs.

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I have always contended Simms is too slight in build to endure as a professional QB. Yesterday, I was proven right. He needs to add 10-15 lbs. Every time he takes a sack, he looks like a limp rag doll...my thoughts are with him...he seems like a nice young guy...but how many QB's have to have their spleen removed? How many collapse mid-field?

Hit the weight room, Simms. You have a lot of talent, but you're too skinny.

Gradkowski is going to surprise people. He's bigger and better than Simms. He'll mature just fine as the season progresses.

i agree about simms, but Gradkowski, i dont know cause i dont follow college football to much, if hes as good as you say, we may have a decent season (or whats left of it)

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Dallas and as you can imagine, the story is all over the radio and internet.

He denies ingesting 30+ prescribed pain pills. The police report states that the bottle was observed to be EMPTY.

If I could ask T.O. one question it would be... "If you did'nt try to kill yourself, then where are the fockin' pills?"

I also would'nt mind seeing the toxicology report.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, Seattle at Chicago starts in 3 hours or so. To be honest I don't have a good feeling about this game, although doesn't it seem a coincidence that Shaun Alexander is missing his first game of his 7 year career tonight?

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna be at the Chicago-Seattle game. I think it might be the best game between any two teams so far this year. Here's hopin' for a 4-0 Bears!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Madden Curse :)

I'm 4-0 in my fantasy league now. Oh yeah.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was shocked and dismayed at the Seahawks-Bears game. Hasselbeck looked like his old self, not the master of his offense like he has been most of this season and last. The only thing I can take from this is hope that Stevens and Alexander will be back soon. I'm still not ready to concede that the Bears are a better team than a healthy Seattle, but it's getting close.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Unless something weird happens, the Bears own the NFC. Grossman has been around since 2003, so he's no Rookie. And comparatively, the Bears are better than PITT was when THEY won.

Defense:
Better in all places. They get so much pressure just out of the 4 lineman that they can leave the LBer's back a bit to catch any RB or any over the middle passes. The disruptive line also creates many turnovers for the defense that is fast, physical, and talented (did you see Ricky Manning Jr tip the ball to himself?).

Offense:
Very deep at RB through and through. Benson might turn out to be a bust, but Jones is tough, big, physical, and talented; finally. Peterson, who is a 3rd stringer is capable of starting for many teams in the NFL. Even if 1 RB isn't working they can still rely handily on another one to do his job. Benson hasn't been much, but he does bring 'something' to the table.

And from the passing game, you have Griese and Grossman. Grossman throws a great ball, their TE is servicable, and their WR's are emering. Muhammad is tall, a great possession receiver, and very physical. He towers over most CB's. Berrian has emerged, though he's been around 3 years, and Bradley, last year's #1 pick, can contribute when he gets healthy.

Chicago is the SAME D as last year, with an upgraded offense, and a decent kicker.

I didn't like Seattle going into this year. They're a team that relies too heavily on the STUD RB to be competitive. If SD lost LT, or KC lost LJ, you'd see the same thing occur...the team would be crippled. Yeah, sure they have tons of ok wr's, but that was precisely the problem. Maurice Morris isn't anything special, and his line hasn't been anything but average ( just look @ SA's stats), so what's there to fear? That, and he's smaller than SA. You can see why RBBC is being so prominent today, just look at what NE did to Cincy. Having 3 quality backs is better than having 1 stud wr, and a bunch of bums next to him. If the running game falters, also will, too. But if the running game is free to roam, just like Atlanta, then it opens holes for the Receivers.

As I said I don't see CHI falling off, they have an easy schedule, comparatively, a more-well rounded team, and went farther with alot less talent last year. This year they've only upgraded. There isn't much competition beyond CHI. SEA is ok, but Hasselback isn't such a stud that he can combat a strong D. And NYG are just pathetic, they remind me of my Flag Football team when we get behind and start fighting amongst each other.

A-Unit

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well that was certainly an amazing game to be at! I go to games all the time and I think that one may have been the loudest I've ever been to, including last year's playoff game against the Panthers.

Clearly, the Bears are for real this year. For the first time, I find myself dreaming of Miami... and thinking "it could happen this year..."

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can understand why the seahawks lost. They didn't have Alexander so the defence had no reason to fear the rushing game, ergo more pass coverage. I dont get why they were demolished so bad though. Hopfully they will be better when they get back from the bye week. And Alexander should be back long before playoffs begin.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buffalo is a decent team, McGahee (sp) is a talented RB, Chicago MANHANDLED them.

If the offense keeps the rhythm, and the defense keeps it up. Chicago will be uncontested going into the 'ship. I wouldn't hesitate to put them 14-2, or possibly 15-1 this season. I doubt they'll go undefeated, as the pressure alone is often too much.

BTW - 5-0 in my fantasy league.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Pats and also the Rams, at home in the dome, have a chance to upset the Bears. But for the most part, that schedule looks awful soft, especially the last few games. They will have playoff and probably home field advantage locked during those weeks, and every reason to slack off the last week or two, but on the other hand they can probably beat the bucs, lions, and pack with just their 2nd team players. This year the bad teams are really bad.