Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NFL Thread

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The NFL wants parity among teams, and this year it does not appear that they are getting it. They might tweak the parity rules more, like making the cellar teams keep their draft picks instead of trading them away. Parity makes for close games and tight playoff races, which translate into more money for the league. Close games get better ratings than blowouts, and teams make more merchandising dollars when their playoff chances last until near the end of the season.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I've heard that. They want to re-arrange the cap so that vets can stay on board with the drafting team, or any long-term team, without as much of a cap hit. In previous decades, guys would be kept on the same team, but with Free Agency, and cap-savy Gm's, people manage the cap to buy or overbuy players. We'll see what it does to the NFL. Personally I think poor ownership is the biggest killer of a teams potential.

Look at Oakland.
Look at Washington.
Look at TEN.
Look at Houston.
Look at DET. Millen sux. And the ford Family is very lax. 4 top offensive players in a row for 3 years straight?

Poor drafting, poor scouting, poor management, poor hiring of Coaches (I'm not labeling Kubiak, or Fisher, but HOU didn't want BUSH, who is CLEARLY 100x better than the next RB that early as compared to Mario Williams. Mario isn't 100x better than the nearest DE, even if you need one. Get one in the second round. And Tenn got Young, a poor choice, IMO @ QB.)

Parity, although they force it, is like trying to distribute wealth evenly in the world, and hoping ALL people live the same. We know people in the US have access to anything they desire (for the most part), yet only 5% ever make it in a given year. They can enforce the rules, but they can't force teams to properly manage the team or the cap, or hire talented coaches, or let the GM's draftly properly.

My contention regarding the PATS is, though they let Branch go, they weren't going to TIE up 8+ million in a WR, ine ONE PLAYER, in a PLAYER that doesn't materially effect the teams success. Rather, they'd pay high dollars for the QB and the lines, because THATS where the respective offense and defeneses emerge from. The Pats also will remain GOOD, just like PHILLY has for a decade or decades to come, because they are about the "team." To think the Pats fall off would be to think that Philly could/can/will, too, since I'd seen them with LESS talent and depth than the Pats. Also, we will have MORE cap space should any values arise, on top of MANY picks in this upcoming draft. 2 firsts, a 5th for patrick cobbs to PITT, and other picks for the loss of givens to tenn. They will remain good for awhile, because they constantly bring guys through the system each year, and don't tie up big money in positions that can't materially effect a team. How many games has TO played where his stats were phenomenal, YET, the team lost? Probably half his games. Even in week 1, TO was good, but Dallas LOST, so what good is a guy like that if the REST of the Team can't get it together? Not to mention, Branch isn't as good as TO, not even close. He won't catch as many balls with Hasselback now. His success was that he was not viewed as a number one, so he was open. That, and he's small and hates going over the middle. He's a santana moss, minus the tough-ness.

A-Unit

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only recently when I read the Forbes ranking did I start to think of the NFL teams as investments. What those guys are really doing is selling team merchandise. That's where they make their money. The Forbes ranking is most influenced by annual merchandising revenue. The Redskins are the most expensive team. They sell a lot of t-shirts even when they are bad; the Cowboys are similar. Teams sell for 10-15 times their annual revenue, which by the standards of the stock market and p/e ratios is a very conservative investment.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Teams also make huge revenue, like the Pats, by charging exhorbitant rates on parking, advertising, upperclass box office tickets, visits, fan involvement events, special channels, and yes, how good the team does thereby influencing merchandise sales. The New Orleans Saints FINALLY sold out, JUST because Bush was added to the team. That's the kind of draw a super-player has. They've sold out ALL home games and now have waiting lists for season tickets. The Saints franchise is a tad bit low now b/c of Katrina, poor performance, but is increasing. I'm surprised that the Redskins are so valuable, b/c they suk as a team. Portis was AWESOME on the Broncos and MIGHT have set records and probably would have seen a superbowl BY now had he stayed there. Mark my words. Remember the 5 td game he had and Shannon Sharpe put the KNOCK out belt on him? The rest of the players are just bought and paid for. Moss is a great WR, but he has no QB to chuck the rock to him. Cooley COULD be good, but they went out and overpaid for Lloyd and Randle El, talent, but nothing worth the over $15,000,000 they paid to acquire them. So...the rest of the money MUST come from how swift Snyder is OFF the field.

If it's worth a billion, as the Pats and Skins are worth, and I believe Dallas, and Philly are close, too, then they're generating 100's of millions per year. For those teams NOT generating as much, then the richer teams send money into the pot and its split around the league, such as Arizona.

A-Unit

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GO BEARS :D

It's 6am here, I went to make breakfast while the scores were Bears-14 Vikings-16, when I came back they scored a touchdown and I sh!t myself.

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bucs are done for the year already. 0-3, lost their QB, and they have a rookie to replace him. Gruden's offensive line is awful. I hope the rookie qb Gradowski makes it through the season with all of his internal organs.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
The Bucs are done for the year already. 0-3, lost their QB, and they have a rookie to replace him. Gruden's offensive line is awful. I hope the rookie qb Gradowski makes it through the season with all of his internal organs.

I have always contended Simms is too slight in build to endure as a professional QB. Yesterday, I was proven right. He needs to add 10-15 lbs. Every time he takes a sack, he looks like a limp rag doll...my thoughts are with him...he seems like a nice young guy...but how many QB's have to have their spleen removed? How many collapse mid-field?

Hit the weight room, Simms. You have a lot of talent, but you're too skinny.

Gradkowski is going to surprise people. He's bigger and better than Simms. He'll mature just fine as the season progresses.

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I have always contended Simms is too slight in build to endure as a professional QB. Yesterday, I was proven right. He needs to add 10-15 lbs. Every time he takes a sack, he looks like a limp rag doll...my thoughts are with him...he seems like a nice young guy...but how many QB's have to have their spleen removed? How many collapse mid-field?

Hit the weight room, Simms. You have a lot of talent, but you're too skinny.

Gradkowski is going to surprise people. He's bigger and better than Simms. He'll mature just fine as the season progresses.

i agree about simms, but Gradkowski, i dont know cause i dont follow college football to much, if hes as good as you say, we may have a decent season (or whats left of it)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it that the Bengals are finally better than Pittsburgh. They have endured a lot over the years in Cincinnati.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I like it that the Bengals are finally better than Pittsburgh. They have endured a lot over the years in Cincinnati.
Well, I'll wait on that one. Same thing happened last year...Chad Johnson running his mouth after his team beat Pittsburgh in the regular season...then losing to Pittsburgh in the playoffs...Pittsburgh is good...Cincy is, too...but we'll see who ends up on top.

Last edited:

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
T.O. Attempts Suicide

I'm shocked watching the recent Fox News reports claiming Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide last night. Wow. I consider the guy a rebel, an outspoken person who says and does what he feels. However, the guy has never had off-the-field issues like drug abuse (MICHAEL IRVIN), rape (MARK CHIMURA), or murder (OJ, RAY LEWIS).

I guess he let people get to him. I hope he's allright.

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Dallas and as you can imagine, the story is all over the radio and internet.

He denies ingesting 30+ prescribed pain pills. The police report states that the bottle was observed to be EMPTY.

If I could ask T.O. one question it would be... "If you did'nt try to kill yourself, then where are the fockin' pills?"

I also would'nt mind seeing the toxicology report.

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, Seattle at Chicago starts in 3 hours or so. To be honest I don't have a good feeling about this game, although doesn't it seem a coincidence that Shaun Alexander is missing his first game of his 7 year career tonight?

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna be at the Chicago-Seattle game. I think it might be the best game between any two teams so far this year. Here's hopin' for a 4-0 Bears!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Madden Curse :)

I'm 4-0 in my fantasy league now. Oh yeah.