Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NFL Thread

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but i'm fu<king pumped for tonights game. What's better than Monday Night Football?

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Fu<k all the Bear haters. That's all i'm going to say.
This is why people hate Bears and their fans in the first place.

Anywho, the Bears are good, so damn good. Can anyone say early season benchmark?

Nevertheless, the Caridinals lost that game, the Bears didn't win it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank god the Cards only lost by one. I'd of been out 200 bucks.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i'm saddened by Mike Browns injury that will keep him from playing for the rest of the season, but I hope we can fill that void with Todd Johnson at the safety position.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Thank god the Cards only lost by one. I'd of been out 200 bucks.

Holy. 200 bucks? i think the biggest bet i've ever made was 50

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Holy. 200 bucks? i think the biggest bet i've ever made was 50
Yeah that's not even a big wager here. I see guys lose grands betting on sports out here. Then again I see even more people lose even more at the tables.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I had money to toss around haha

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bears..the Colts..oh man, i'm jizzing my pants.

Boy my Dolphins are playing horribly. Such a weak first half schedule, and only pulling out one unconvincing win.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

My money would still be on the Pats.

Here's why...

The colts CANNOT stop the run. To allow Plummer, who is 1/2 the QB that Tom is to even move the ball is reprehensible. Tatum and Mike Bell are GOOD, but they are PLUG n PLAY Rb's. They are not PURE runners like a Maroney, or a battering ram like Dillon. I may return here next week and be eating crow if Peyton Disassembles our secondary, but I do not see Addai or Rhodes putting anything up on us. You will see Green, Wilfork, and Seymour getting pressure and shutting the 2 unproven runners down. The remaing LB's and CB's will be on Marvin. That won't be easy, but if we limit Peyton to 2td's, it will.

Watching MINNESOTA the other night, and recognizing their schedule, it should have been easy to see why the Pats would light them up.

1) They spread the ball around. The liability people thought we had LAST year, has now become our assets. Our Run Game is strong and diversified between power and speed. Maroney and Faulk can pass-catch, too. There's plenty of Competent Receivers, so no CB can cover or gameplan JUST one. Caldwell, Brown, Jackson, Gabriel, Gaffney, Watson, Thomas, Graham. Who do you cover? You don't need a TO or a Steve Smith, just guys with enough talent to get open on the lesser Corners.

2) MINN has no WR's. Williamson is only in his 2nd year, and did nothing in his 1st to prove he's talented @ the NFL level. Robinson, the big possession did not play. And Travis Taylor is a journeyman who has never reached his full talent. Brad Johnson is a QB who makes SAFE throws, plays ball control, and relies on UNDERNEATH routes, not the deep ball. The Pats took that away, as well as the run game and begged him to beat them Deep. It never happened.

3) The Pats game planned the WEAKNESSES of the Team they play, and didn't fight the strengths. They didn't even run it 20 times. Normally when you hear that, you hear of a time who came from behind and attempted to win or did win the game. But the Pats were in control throughout the whole game, even from the moment they scored, it was over. They stuck to what worked. Alot of commentators would say balance was needed, and if we didn't win, the pundits mights say, "well they needed balance to keep the D respectable," but when you have so many guys you can throw to, with the best QB in the league based on the rings he carries, why would you force something that wasn't going to work anyway? Moreover, to have the OTHER team KNOW you're going to pass alot, and still win is unfathomable.

MINN might be NFC-good, but they're not Superbowl bound.

Sunday night will prove alot out of both teams. It will likely be a gunslinging matchup, but the pats are still DEFENSIVELY more healthy and with a better proven run game to slow it down. The Pats can go tit for tat with the Colts, as was proven against MINN who has a better defense.

I think the Bears are still good, but their greatness hasn't been proven because they haven't played a great team, i.e. Philly, Colts, Denver, the Pats, etc. Beating AZ doesn't really count in my book.

A-Unit

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Chicago is a good example of how defense and special teams are more important than offense.

Bears had a good D last year and they crapped out. The difference this year is their offense.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
It's hilarious reading these foreigners and their comments about how NFL players aren't tough because they wear padding.

Hell, the Cricket players over there wear almost as much padding as an NFL player.

LOL

And I doubt that there are any Rugby players that are 6'4" 270 lbs. that run a 4.5 40 and hit at full speed like in the NFL

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
It's hilarious reading these foreigners and their comments about how NFL players aren't tough because they wear padding.

Hell, the Cricket players over there wear almost as much padding as an NFL player.

LOL

And I doubt that there are any Rugby players that are 6'4" 270 lbs. that run a 4.5 40 and hit at full speed like in the NFL
EXACTLY! Take the games for what they are - both great violent spectacles. Then accept that American football is the toughest sport ever. Simple!

However, cricketers wear padding because the ball is flying straight up at their knees/face/arm/whatever and they compensate for that by catching barehanded, which is pretty damn painful.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as i'm concerned, the play calling and Rex's interception cost us the game on our very last drive. As quoted by Vic Carucci on NFL.com:

BAD IDEA
The Chicago Bears having Rex Grossman attempt a deep pass over the middle, the third intercepted by Asante Samuel to seal the outcome, with 1:52 remaining in their 17-13 loss to the New England Patriots. Grossman already had been intercepted twice and was clearly off target. The Bears were running the ball effectively. After recovering a fumble at their 22-yard line, they were in position to let Thomas Jones carry at least a couple of times to gain some better field position before having Grossman go to the air. Under those circumstances, Grossman could have tried maybe one throw underneath the coverage before taking a desperate shot at the end zone.
Oh well, 2/3 road games is good for me, and we have a chance to clinch the Division this week against Minnesota.