Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is never having been married a problem?

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 55, never been married and no kids. Women always inquire about those two things. I’m honest, so I always say I’ve never been married and I have no kids that I know of (the ”none that I know of” line always gets a laugh).

When you tell a women you’ve never been married is she likely to see this as a fault? Does she think, ”what’s wrong with this guy?” I‘ve read advise before now that it is best to lie and say you are divorced. That seems wrong to me, she will find out eventually and then she will see you as a liar (which you would be!).

Even worse, you tell her you’ve never been married and she says “why not?”, what do you say then?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally this is not a problem. It depends on your relationship goals.

You can easily claim that there hasn't been a situation in your life where you felt like a lifelong partnership made sense. Also, given that, you didn't think it was responsible to bring children into the world when you felt that there was a high probability that you and the mother would separate before the child turned 18.

As long as you're confident and own your situation, it's not a big deal. If you have multiple 2-5 year relationships to your name at this point, that'll help the cause.

Being childless is a bit unusual at age 55 in 2020. When the Millennial generation gets to be age 55 in the 2035-2040 time frame, this will not be much of a problem because childlessness is much more common for Millennials. Right now, there's a wave of 32-38 year old Millennials who are childless now and will likely end up childless.

If you're 55, and interested in women between 45-54, most of them have children. Childlessness didn't really start to become common until the late 1970s births. Many women 45-54 have their kids around 16-25 now. How do you feel about single moms of teens? How do you feel about women are who moms of adult children?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 20 years, I believe this will be much more common.

However, it is 2020, and this is a very small crop of people, likely under 5% whom are never married with no kids. Women are likely to think a couple things, and I think your honesty is what's necessary here.

Is it because you've had several LTRs that didn't work out? Is it because you haven't found a good woman and don't expose yourself to enough opportunities? Or is it because you're an incredibly difficult partner? Or maybe you're a rich playboy that can't be locked down by a woman?

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think its a big deal. I've been married but women are always thrilled to hear I don't have any kids. You are definitely better off being honest than pretending you've been married.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find marriages to be big baggage these days. It's also very common for people just to live together without legal paper and that's great. Most woman will not care about you not being married or with no kids especially in western culture.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you're confident and own your situation, it's not a big deal.
This.
It shouldn't be a problem. Well, i'm sure most women will think to themselves "now, what's wrong with THIS guy" so they start to dig, but if your truth somehow becomes a dealbreaker for her then even better. Saved yourself some time with a shallow (needs to live up to society's expectation) incompatible woman.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why you care? woman don't care if you are a badboy who **** around as long you press the right buttons on her, maybe long term she will eject but that is not your problem.

understand we tell here a woman who put ultimatuns on you to marry fast is a sure way to never marry her, a woman should prove she is worthy for you to keep around, anyone who say marry me or I will leave, you leave she want the tile and for that any sucker will do.

so keep doing your things as long you pull and ahve sex nothing she says matter, only matter if you want her around for long

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why you care? woman don't care if you are a badboy who **** around as long you press the right buttons on her, maybe long term she will eject but that is not your problem.
Most 55 year old guys are not badboys. Old school biker (motorcyclist) types are the big stereotype of older badboys. I wouldn't even call the older white collar playboy types as badboys.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly. From what I’ve gathered from women. A man over 35 & never married is a Red Flag.
I agree, I think most women see it as a red flag.

I asked a close female friend this question and she said it would only be an issue for a women that is looking for a husband. She won’t come out and tell you that is what she wants but she will figure that no guy that old that has never married is likely to do so. If that is true then maybe it’s a good thing that she rejects me quickly because I don’t intend to marry.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think a woman would prefer a man who hasn’t been married or had kids if she’s on the dating market at 55. Less baggage. Easier for the holidays?

Ive read advise before now that it is best to lie and say you are divorced.
Whoever tells you to lie in any circumstance has the worst advice and should just be left out of the discussion. Especially about something so dumb where you would eventually be found out.

Divorces are generally years of intense stress in all areas. Would be incredibly difficult to fabricate that.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most 55 year old guys are not badboys. Old school biker (motorcyclist) types are the big stereotype of older badboys. I wouldn't even call the older white collar playboy types as badboys.
its a example, if he is not don't matter the important is press the right buttons, hell even age diference don't matter, there is woman who love a grampa, all its matter is how fit and how well you do

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Functioning dicck is more important than financially secure. Most women can take care of their own financial needs now.
Do females around this age still have sex? I mean, after menopause, some of them have hard times with self-lube and arousal.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
At 55, she cares more about you being financially secure and having a functioning dik. The past marriage or lack thereof isn't critical at this point.
Well that lifted my spirits, I’m financially secure and everything still works.