Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Intermittent Fasting Issue & Discussion

logicallefty

Reaction score
I have never been a huge breakfast or lunch person. For many years I skipped both meals most days. Then at dinner I ate healthy foods like meat and veggies, very few carbs, and I stayed the same weight for 8 x years. I wasn't loosing because at dinner I was eating TOO MUCH. When I realized that I was almost doing everything correctly for 18:6 intermittent fasting, other than the portion sizes. So a year ago I started decreasing my portions, while still eating the same healthy foods, and I started to loose weight. I am down 60 lbs since the start of 2022. It's been great.

Today, I am still loosing ~1 lb per week and keeping it off. My 6 x hour eating window is 4pm to 10pm, but many days I stop by 7 or 8pm. I have found lately that around 12pm I start to get really weak feeling tired. When I was working from home during the week, I could slip in a nap. Working in an office now, no so easy to do.. I have been pushing through it and not eating until 4pm. But it's getting harder.

My question to you guys is this: Is there anything I can eat during the fasting window (around noon) to tide me over until until my eating window at 4pm? I was thinking maybe I could eat a couple boiled eggs or some nuts at noon to get me by? I haven't done this yet but I have a feeling I am going to have to soon..

Any other suggestions?

Thanks fellas.

LL

Edit: Moving to Health and Fitness from Anything Else (done by accident).

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Habits.jpg

Maybe one of these? I havent tried this particular one but there are different flavors, I like them as breakfast.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A quick 2 cents - fasting is a great way to cleanse without taking anything abrasive

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hmm...technically not really.

You could take some MCT Oil which would likely help with feeling weak and provide you some energy while also likely helping to boost fat loss as well.

I do longer fasts twice a week following a 5:2 plan(usually from after dinner on like a Sunday, for example until breakfast on Tuesday morning--like 32-40 hours) and the only thing I will take with calories is MCT Oil. Has had zero effect on fat loss or weight loss other than potentially increasing it and causing the body to go into ketosis faster.

Another option is you could shift your eating window to earlier in the day. Studies have shown that a morning window is more effective in terms of losing weight/fat because the body is more efficient at burning calories in the morning due to its circadian rhythm than it is at night.

This is why there are old sayings "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper". They didn't know the reasoning behind it or the science but they knew from observations this was correct.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never been a huge breakfast or lunch person. For many years I skipped both meals most days. Then at dinner I ate healthy foods like meat and veggies, very few carbs, and I stayed the same weight for 8 x years. I wasn't loosing because at dinner I was eating TOO MUCH. When I realized that I was almost doing everything correctly for 18:6 intermittent fasting, other than the portion sizes. So a year ago I started decreasing my portions, while still eating the same healthy foods, and I started to loose weight. I am down 60 lbs since the start of 2022. It's been great.

Today, I am still loosing ~1 lb per week and keeping it off. My 6 x hour eating window is 4pm to 10pm, but many days I stop by 7 or 8pm. I have found lately that around 12pm I start to get really weak feeling tired. When I was working from home during the week, I could slip in a nap. Working in an office now, no so easy to do.. I have been pushing through it and not eating until 4pm. But it's getting harder.

My question to you guys is this: Is there anything I can eat during the fasting window (around noon) to tide me over until until my eating window at 4pm? I was thinking maybe I could eat a couple boiled eggs or some nuts at noon to get me by? I haven't done this yet but I have a feeling I am going to have to soon..

Any other suggestions?

Thanks fellas.

LL

Edit: Moving to Health and Fitness from Anything Else (done by accident).
Personally speaking, when I fast the combo of weed and coffee makes my body forget I'm hungry. Ymmv.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost 30 pounds in 2 months doing IF, my windows was 12pm to 6pm. Around 10 I was getting hungry and I typically drank black coffee with a little bit sugar just to kill my hunger.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost 30 pounds in 2 months doing IF, my windows was 12pm to 6pm. Around 10 I was getting hungry and I typically drank black coffee with a little bit sugar just to kill my hunger.
FWIW, there's nothing magical about what time you eat your food; 3,000 calories is still 3,000 calories - even if you eat it all in 4 hours.

But IF has one of the best success rates for dieters because it is a lifestyle change that can be kept up with even afer the weight is lost. For that reason alone, IF works really well.
I do a modified IF with two 30-50g protein 'pulses', one in the morning (eggs) and one in the afternoon (2x scoop protein shake), then I can slam 12-16oz chicken breast in the evening and not have room for much else. I stole the idea from here.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FWIW, there's nothing magical about what time you eat your food; 3,000 calories is still 3,000 calories - even if you eat it all in 4 hours.

But IF has one of the best success rates for dieters because it is a lifestyle change that can be kept up with even afer the weight is lost. For that reason alone, IF works really well.
I do a modified IF with two 30-50g protein 'pulses', one in the morning (eggs) and one in the afternoon (2x scoop protein shake), then I can slam 12-16oz chicken breast in the evening and not have room for much else. I stole the idea from here.
Yeah I know, its just narrows the window of time to eat, I was eating a huge healthy meal, that was at the very most 1,200 calories.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I know, its just narrows the window of time to eat, I was eating a huge healthy meal, that was at the very most 1,200 calories.
What weight are you at? How much protein are you getting in daily?

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What weight are you at? How much protein are you getting in daily?
That was when I was 27, I let myself go due to studying and partying to which I regret not making the gym a priority.

I (Am) 5'6"was 160 at that time and went down to 125. I didn't care about protein or macros, I wasn't well educated, I just wanted to lose weight, I didn't care what it took to get the "six pack" even if it was unhealthy (it was). I was doing heavy lifting, cardio, HIIT, intermittent fasting, and eating 1-2 times per day, sometimes I was doing 48 hrs of fasting.

People thought I had aids, it became an addiction, I wanted to remove that little bit of fat on my lower abs to have more muscle, you know like you see on magazines. Then I started to educate myself on macros, muscle building and it became my lifestyle. 1.5 years ago I started trt then blast & cruise, and its been a great journey.

Attachments

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Actually that isn't true. New research has shown the body burns calories at a higher rate in the morning due to our Circadian Rhythm and people who use time restricted eating windows will get better results if they eat in the morning and then fast later in the day.

Even tho they didn't know why because they didn't know the science behind it, the old saying "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" rings true .

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually that isn't true. New research has shown the body burns calories at a higher rate in the morning due to our Circadian Rhythm and people who use time restricted eating windows will get better results if they eat in the morning and then fast later in the day.
Are you informed of how many calories the differential is? It's a rounding error worth of difference. Feel free to prove me wrong, but Layne Norton has spoken multiple times on this and the data always points in the same direction - that the time of eating is effectively irrelevant. At least by comparison to more important factors like generating a deficit, exercise, sleep, hormones, thermic effect of food, etc. (not ordered).

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Are you informed of how many calories the differential is? It's a rounding error worth of difference. Feel free to prove me wrong, but Layne Norton has spoken multiple times on this and the data always points in the same direction - that the time of eating is effectively irrelevant. At least by comparison to more important factors like generating a deficit, exercise, sleep, hormones, thermic effect of food, etc. (not ordered).
The problem with looking at things in a vacuum is that it is never ONE thing or another that leads to the greatest success and highest efficiency, it is stacking efficiencies on top of each other and their synergies with each other that lead to better results.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm surprised you couldn't lose weight by IM fasting. Did you ever try full OMAD?

As far as your question, no, eating a snack sort of defeats the purpose. You could use stimulants of course, low dose white kratom and nicotine are great appetite suppressants. As another poster suggested, MCT oil could work too.

Maybe focus on trying OMAD and choosing high quality meals that are harder to over-indulge on? Like steak, omelettes, etc. A 1lb steak isn't actually too many calories and it's far more filling than the equivalent in a bag of chips, for instance.

Also, lose*

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm surprised you couldn't lose weight by IM fasting. Did you ever try full OMAD?

As far as your question, no, eating a snack sort of defeats the purpose. You could use stimulants of course, low dose white kratom and nicotine are great appetite suppressants. As another poster suggested, MCT oil could work too.

Maybe focus on trying OMAD and choosing high quality meals that are harder to over-indulge on? Like steak, omelettes, etc. A 1lb steak isn't actually too many calories and it's far more filling than the equivalent in a bag of chips, for instance.

Also, lose*
Ehh...personally the best success I have had is to follow a 5:2 program. Where you simply do full fasts for 2 days and then eat normally the other 5.

OMAD is simply not going to be enough food for anyone who is eating things that are nutrient dense. You just can't get enough calories in one meal. If you are eating processed crap, then sure...it's easy to eat enough in a single meal.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with looking at things in a vacuum is that it is never ONE thing or another that leads to the greatest success and highest efficiency, it is stacking efficiencies on top of each other and their synergies with each other that lead to better results.
my dude, the time of day at which you eat has very little to do with how many calories are burned. VERY little.

If memory serves, it could burn maybe 100calories extra by eating in the morning. Do this for 35 days and you may have lost 1lb.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ehh...personally the best success I have had is to follow a 5:2 program. Where you simply do full fasts for 2 days and then eat normally the other 5.

OMAD is simply not going to be enough food for anyone who is eating things that are nutrient dense. You just can't get enough calories in one meal. If you are eating processed crap, then sure...it's easy to eat enough in a single meal.
OMAD is doable if you eat calorically dense foods like ground beef, butter, cheese, etc.