Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'd like some opinions on something I did during an approach.

Igetit!

Reaction score
What's up fellas,

Wow,I'm so used to dishing out advice it seems kinda weird to be on the receiving end. Anyway,here the deal....

I went to this retail store who's name rhymes with "smal-mart" about two hours ago to do some shopping. While I was there,I saw this woman who works there who I thought was cute,but just never approached.

Well while I was shopping,I saw her off in a clothing section to herself,so I decided to go and talk to her. I saw her from behind,circled around to where I would be walking past her with groceries in tow.

As I was walking by her,I noticed she didn't have any shoes on,and she was working in the clothing section that was carpetted.

So anyway,I approach her and the convo went something like this....

Me:Uh...you don't have any shoes on.
her:Shhhh. My shoes make my feet hurt when I've been standing around all day.
Me:Well aren't you on the job?
her:Yeah,but they won't say anything if they don't know.
Me:Well you're feet don't stink,do they?
her: (she ****ed her head to the side and just looked at me)
Me;Well as long as your feet don't stink,you're ok. Hey,do you guys sell bowling shoes here?
Her:No we don't. In fact,since they've moved everything around,the shoe department sucks.
Me:Hmm. Oh well.
her:I don't work over in the shoe department,I work over here in the clothing section. I can't sell you shoes,I'm more into things like this....

(then she picked this teeny-tiny kinda see though black top).

Me:Oh...ok...
her:I can't sell you shoes,but I can sell you lingerie.

Now this kind of shocked me. I'm used to being the sexual one,yet this woman,WHO WAS ON THE JOB,was being suggestive to me.

This just goes along with my belief that women have sexualness boiling underneath,but are afraid to show it out of fear of being labeled a slvt,and that they'll only show to men who make them feel comfortable enough to show it.

Anyway,back to the approach.

me:Woah...hold up lady,I don't go that route. But forget about that,I have a question for you. So umm...what's the deal with you? Are you married with a hundred kids,or what?

her: (she laughs) Um,now. I have 99 kids,lol. No,I'm not married.
me:Ok,well look. If I want to see you,if I want to take you out,are you cool with that,or what?
her:Maybe.
me:Uhh...maybe?
her:Well,I don't know you.
me:I know you don't know me. That's the whole point of going out,to get to know eack other. I don't know you either. All I know is I like the way you look. I mean hey,if you're not interested,then just tell me and I'll go on about my business.

her:No,I'm interested. I mean I wouldn't still be standing here talking to you if I wasn't.

me:Alright,that's cool. Now let me ask you this...Let's say that hyperthetically,the two of us get together and I take you out,or whatever.
Now if I take you out,do I have to spend the whole date trying to be nice and be a gentleman?
her:What do you mean?
me:Ok,you know how some guys will take a woman out and they'll start trying to hug on her and kiss her like 5 minutes into the date? Well you don't have to worry,I'm not like that.

her:....
me:You don't have to worry about that with me. I mean I usually wait like,I don't know,what....10...15 minutes.
her: (BURST OUT LAUGHING)
me:What? Is that too long?
her:Well what if I'm the kind of girl who as soon as I get into the car with you,I turn and try to jump on you?

Now this threw me for a loop guys. I wasn't expecting that.

Let's continue....

Me:Oooh,ok. So it's like that,huh? Hmm. Well,I think I could work with that. Yeah,that definately has possibilities.

So anyway,I asked for her number,and she wanted to put it into my cell,but I didn't have it on me. Then she asked for my number,and told me she'd text me her number,and she did it right there while I was standing with her.

Now here's what I'd like some opinions on....

I stay only 5 minutes from that store. When I got home,I checked my cell,and apparently I didn't get her text.

I don't think she tried to give me the slip or anything like that because she genuinely seemed interested. She offered to give me her number,but since I didn't have my cell on me,nor did I have a pen or paper,she said she'd text me her number.

I gave her both my cell and my home phone,so it's possible she tried to text to the wrong one. She even put my name in her cell,I stood there and spelled it out while she typed it in and saw it.

My only concern is this....once I saw that I didn't have her number in my cell,I went back to the store. I found her,and she said,"Hey,I know you"

Then said,"Hey,I never got that text".

She had a surprised look on her face,and then said,"Huh? Well I sent it. Are you sure you didn't get it?".

Then I showed her my most recently received messages,and that her's wasn't there.

So she gave me her number,and I put it into my cell. Then she offered me her other cell phone number (she has two cells),but I told her that one was enough,told her I'd give her a call later,and then left.

My question is,do you guys think that my returning back to the store to make sure I had her number was ok to do?

I ask that becuase i know that that could be be misinterpeted as being needy or clingy.

I didn't stay there and talk and talk and talk with her. I just told her that I didn't receive her text,I made sure I had her number,then I told her I'd call her later,then left.

I just hope me making sure I had her number didn't come off as neediness.

It if did and it turns out she's turn off simply because of that,then so what,I don't care. I can just approach someone else.

Anyway,opinions please.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't mean you are needy and clingy man. You went back to get her number that you never received. What were you suppose to do? Wait? Forget about it? Just call her and get this over with. She sounds like a sluvt. Good find. Now if you could read my thread and give an opinion, I would appreciate it.

thecurtainfalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Igetit!, you're my favorite active poster here so I'll do my best to toss my two cents in, although IMO your judgment probably trumps anything we could tell ya.

On the one hand, I think that you had nothing to lose by going back to the store. If you don't go back, you don't get the number/date and the girl is lost to you (unless you go back at an undetermined time and hope she's there). If you do go back and it creeps her out, you also don't get the date. So from that standpoint, it's a sh!tty situation and you're damned either way but I understand why you went back.

That being said, I think it probably wasn't the best thing for her impression of you, as you suspected, because although you and I know that you don't really have anything invested in this interaction, to her it may have seemed a little weird especially because it was a fast cold approach where you have zero social proof working in your favor and you don't really know her.

I had something happen to me that is vaguely similar - I had gone out on a date with this girl from Plenty of Fish and it went GREAT... I mean fvcking fantastic. One of my better first dates ever. A couple days later I got an email from her on the site asking when we could hang again. I went to type my reply, but when I hit send, the message disappeared. No copy in my outbox, nothing. Starting to sweat at the possibility that my computer or the site's servers were prohibiting me from continuing to contact this high-IL girl, I started from scratch and re-wrote my message. Again it didn't appear to be sent. So I re-wrote a third e-mail. This time I copied the text to my clipboard in case it happened again.

It happened again - no trace of my message being sent. So I copy/pasted it again... no success. And again. And again.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but 36 hours later when their servers caught up, she had about 25 messages from me in her inbox, and horrifically, three differently worded versions to boot. Each one was sent about 5-10 minutes apart from like 10pm-2am, LOL!!

Despite our fantastic date, I NEVER heard from her again.

It sucks but sometimes the universe bends you over and c0ckblocks you. Hopefully this wasn't one of those times for you but I wanted to share my 2 cents and experience.

Cheers

Igetit!

Reaction score
Falcon25 said:
It doesn't mean you're needy or clingy man.
Yeah,I agree Falcon. This thing is this though....

I know I'm not needy,but I was trying to look at things from her point of view.

When I went back there,I made sure not to just stand there and "talk". I told her I didn't get her text,I got her number,then I left.

If I had just stayed there and talked and talked and talked,then I DEFINATELY would have come off as needy.

I actually thought about not going back just to avoid looking needy,but then I wouldn't have had a way of getting back in touch with her.

But it's not a big deal. I mean I've know her less than 4 hours,so it's not like I'm emotionally invested in her. So if me returning to the store to make sure I have her number gets misinterpeted as neediness and causes her to lose interest,then so be it.

I don't care.

thecurtainfalls said:
Hey Igetit!, you're my favorite active poster here so I'll do my best to toss my two cents in, although IMO your judgment probably trumps anything we could tell ya.
Thanks man,and don't downplay your knowledge.

I know it may seem like I know a lot,but I don't know everything.

I have room to grow just like everybody else.

thecurtainfalls said:
On the one hand, I think that you had nothing to lose by going back to the store. If you don't go back, you don't get the number/date and the girl is lost to you (unless you go back at an undetermined time and hope she's there). If you do go back and it creeps her out, you also don't get the date. So from that standpoint, it's a sh!tty situation and you're damned either way but I understand why you went back.
Yep,this makes perfect sense. Like you said,I figured I didn't have anything to lose. She seemed ok though. I mean she did offer me not only the number to the cell she had with her,but also the number to her other cell,and this was on the second time I saw her.

thecurtainfalls said:
That being said, I think it probably wasn't the best thing for her impression of you, as you suspected, because although you and I know that you don't really have anything invested in this interaction, to her it may have seemed a little weird especially because it was a fast cold approach where you have zero social proof working in your favor and you don't really know her.
Yeah,this is true. I HATE logistical problems like this,but hey,it's part of the game.

the curtainfalls said:
I had something happen to me that is vaguely similar - I had gone out on a date with this girl from Plenty of Fish and it went GREAT... I mean fvcking fantastic. One of my better first dates ever. A couple days later I got an email from her on the site asking when we could hang again. I went to type my reply, but when I hit send, the message disappeared. No copy in my outbox, nothing. Starting to sweat at the possibility that my computer or the site's servers were prohibiting me from continuing to contact this high-IL girl, I started from scratch and re-wrote my message. Again it didn't appear to be sent. So I re-wrote a third e-mail. This time I copied the text to my clipboard in case it happened again.

It happened again - no trace of my message being sent. So I copy/pasted it again... no success. And again. And again.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but 36 hours later when their servers caught up, she had about 25 messages from me in her inbox, and horrifically, three differently worded versions to boot. Each one was sent about 5-10 minutes apart from like 10pm-2am, LOL!!

It sucks but sometimes the universe bends you over and c0ckblocks you.
Wow,that was a bad situation.

Hmm. I think I'd rather have the situation I'm in than have that little problem you had,lol. :crackup:

thecurtainfalls said:
Hopefully this wasn't one of those times for you but I wanted to share my 2 cents and experience.

Cheers
Thanks. I hope it isn't one of those times either,but we'll see.

46and2aheadofme

Don Juan
Reaction score
thecurtainfalls said:

It sucks but sometimes the universe bends you over and c0ckblocks you. Hopefully this wasn't one of those times for you but I wanted to share my 2 cents and experience.

Cheers
I laughed pretty hard at that.....Pretty brutal.

To OP: I agree with the curtain- you didn't really have anything to lose from going back and confirming that you had her number. I think if her IL was still high from your initial interaction, it shouldn't matter that you may have looked a little needy.

Guess all that left is to find out right?

flint

Don Juan
Reaction score
I kind of like the "I've got nothing to lose" angle on this one. If you didn't go back you were probably out of the gaqme with her. But even if she does think you're needy now, as long as she's willing to go out and do something with you you'll naturally show her you're not needy without trying. And even if she does blow you off or something it's not the end of the world as you know. Overall I think you did alright.

The only thing I might have done differently was maybe went back and bou7ght something silly like deoderant and put it in the bag so it looked like you just forgot something, and while you were there you decided to stop by and talk to her again. But I don't think it was a big deal either way.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my first thought when i read this was "there's acctually pretty women working in Wal-mart"?haha not around here at least! i don't think you have anything to worry about by going back. i would have probably waited a day and then gone back, and bumped into her again and mentioned i never got her text, but would have had something to buy as if that's why i came in there, not to tell her i didnt get her text. i tried a similar approach as yours awhile back but i don't think the girl took me seriously. she thought of me as a joker or just messing around. that was frustrating as hell! i also love it when women give you the line of "but i don't know you". you combated it the same way i do when i am told that. or i'll say "oh so you've known all of your friends/guys youve dated since the day you were born huh?".

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! - I really enjoyed reading about your approach and seeing your sense of humor and how you dealt with the girl's resistance because she doesn't know you. I'm inspired. Bravo!

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
But it's not a big deal. I mean I've know her less than 4 hours,so it's not like I'm emotionally invested in her. So if me returning to the store to make sure I have her number gets misinterpeted as neediness and causes her to lose interest,then so be it.

I don't care.

THIS, THIS, THIS.

This is what sets you apart from everyone that could possibly post the same thing as you as their first post in SoSuave.

See, an AFC would have been way too anxious, come across as too needy, but you saw something you wanted and you went for it, but with a non-chalant attitude.

It's the fact that you could walk away from it and not care. You're not hung up on whether you two will actually go out or not, you just want honest opinions on the actual interaction.

Most of the posters here would ask: Do I still have a chance? Should I text? Should I call?

You are just trying to point to a specific situation and to "grade" the interaction and whether it was "too much".

Like I said before, the difference between you and "needy" was that you just don't care of the result.

I know some people say "I would have come back the next day"... but no, I wouldn't have. I'm guessing this was the same day, correct? Because I totally would have hit while the iron was still hot, specially since you lived so close.

Besides, if you came off as confident as it seems you did, she wouldn't take it as a sign of "neediness" rather as a sign of "interest".

"Wow, he didn't have a text so he actually came back just to get it?"

It all depends on the process.

You GOT the number...
The question is... what are you going to do with it now?

Igetit!

Reaction score
flint: I agree. To me,it's easy to not have anything to lose,especially when you didn't invest anything in the girl in the first place.

Espi: #1,agreed.

As for #2,well...I think that may be a bit out of my league to do man,;crackup:.

Donnie Darko said:
Igetit! - I really enjoyed reading about your approach and seeing your sense of humor and seeing how you dealt with the girl's resistance because she doesn't know you. I'm inspired. Bravo!
Yeah,I don't know why girl's always seem to throw out the "I don't know you" line. To me,that's stupid. Of course she doesn't know me,that's the point of a date,to get to know each other.

Luckily I was able to bypass her objection,and just hit her emotions by telling her I liked the way she looked.

Ha,ha,good ole' emotions. They'll overwhelm logic eveytime,:crackup:.

Kailex said:
THIS, THIS, THIS.

This is what sets you apart from everyone that could possibly post the same thing as you as their first post in SoSuave.

See, an AFC would have been way too anxious, come across as too needy, but you saw something you wanted and you went for it, but with a non-chalant attitude.
Well I know better than approach a girl anxiously. If I had approach her all nervous and scared,she would have sensed the fear on me,and been turned off.

It would have been over with before I even opened my mouth.

Kailex said:
It's the fact that you could walk away from it and not care. You're not hung up on whether you two will actually go out or not, you just want honest opinions on the actual interaction.
Well with me,I just go in there and DIRECTLY tell the girl what I want...from the getgo. The problem that most guys have is that they INVEST THEMSELVES into the girl/situation FIRST.

They'll spend weeks and weeks and sometimes even months just laughing,talking,and joking around,just tap dancing around what they truely want with a girl.

They invest all that time FIRST,then when they finally get the nerve to ask her out,they're all shaking and twisting and a bundle of nerves because they feel they've got a lot to lose.

I don't do that. I just throw in a little comfort,then ask her out.

If she's interested,cool,if not,then I'll just ask someone else.

Kailex said:
I know some people say "I would have come back the next day"... but no, I wouldn't have. I'm guessing this was the same day, correct? Because I totally would have hit while the iron was still hot, specially since you lived so close.
Yep,it was the same day

This thing is,I asked her what would be a good time to get ahold of her,then I told her I'd call her at a specific time.

If I had waited until the next day to go see her again to get her number,then time I told her I'd call her would have done passed.

Kailex said:
Besides, if you came off as confident as it seems you did, she wouldn't take it as a sign of "neediness" rather as a sign of "interest".

"Wow, he didn't have a text so he actually came back just to get it?"
Yeah,this is what I thought as well.

Kailex said:
You GOT the number...
The question is... what are you going to do with it now?
I'm going to give her a call and see what up.

During the approach,we compared our work schedules to see when we'd both be able to hang out. So if she did that,gave me her number,offered me a second number to her second cell,TYPED MY NAME into her phone,then I think it'd be safe to assume she's interested.

But you never know with girl,right? Lol.

We'll see.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep this updated.

Even if it's only one time that you two go out, it's a perfect example of the "Rule of no Absolutes". I'm sure a few people would be quick to jump on the "You went back for the number so that was AFC" bandwagon.

I think the fact that you got the number and was offered a second number is a clear sign of interest.

Well with me,I just go in there and DIRECTLY tell the girl what I want...from the getgo. The problem that most guys have is that they INVEST THEMSELVES into the girl/situation FIRST.
THIS is the main problem. Someone else would have probably stared at her for minutes and thought up in their mind all different sorts of scenarios where she is his girlfriend and how beautiful she is and this and that... you went in for the interaction and were out right away.

To be honest, I think it would have been truly AFC if you had NOT gone back, and then sat there wondering over and over and over if she was going to call you because she (apparently) had your number. And then even more AFC to post on here asking us if you should go back to get it.

(Of course, I know and some of the other posters know YOU won't do that, but I'm not saying others wouldn't have)

You took matters into your own hands and in a confident manner.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Kailex said:
Keep this updated.

Well UPDATE TIME.

I just called her about 30 minutes ago. It turns out I was right.

During the approach,I gave her both my cell and home phone numbers,and as it turns out,she tried to send a text to my HOME PHONE,which is a landline that doesn't receive texts.

Simple misunderstanding.

Anyway,we talked for about 20 or 30 minutes,and boy,this woman is dirty,I mean sex-obsessed.

It's like every 2 minutes,she threw in a sexual innuendo. I couldn't even get to know the girl. I mean I wanted her to feel comfortable enough to open up sexually without feeling like a slvt and all,but sheeeesh.

Anyway,we talked a little about our jobs,where she grew up,and MY hobbies and interests.

We have a date set up for tomorrow,I.H.O.P.,of all places. We're going to go there,have a cup of coffee and chill for a bit.

I guess returning to get her number wasn't that big of a deal after all.

Kailex said:
I think the fact that you got the number and was offered a second number is a clear sign of interest.
Yeah,me too.

Kailex said:
To be honest, I think it would have been truly AFC if you had NOT gone back,
This is an excellent point.

I actually thought about not going back up there in order to avoid looking AFC-ish,but then I figured,"well what difference does it make? If I stay here and do nothing,I won't be able to contact her again,but if I go and end up looking needy and make her lose interest,the results are the same.

At least by going back up there I'll have a chance"

So I returned to the store.

Kailex said:
You took matters into your own hands and in a confident manner.
Yeah,I figured I'd take action instead of letting "what if" scenarios make me do nothing.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO this was a very amateur pick-up. I see it as lucky he got as far as he did. Going back for the # is not an issue for me here. Rather, I would like to focus on some things he could have done differently from the start.

Igetit! said:

This was good that you payed attention and used an authentic observation rather than a canned opener

Her response gave you many opportunities, but instead you chose to get into some sort of debate over store policy

You could have said something like "We clearly we need to get you on your back asap." Or any number of playful sexually suggestive comments. Notice the use of the word WE. You are locking yourself in with her. If you said "You should go take a break then and sit down somewhere," then you are excluding yourself from the equation

Depending on how you said this, it could be kind of a funny neg. But there was no need to stay on the subject of her feet, unless it was a quick positive comment, or something like "I promise not to tell. I am good at keeping secrets." You would of course move a little closer as you said this, and be staring directly into her eyes with a small smirk.

Me;Well as long as your feet don't stink,you're ok. Hey,do you guys sell bowling shoes here?
Her:No we don't. In fact,since they've moved everything around,the shoe department sucks.
her:I don't work over in the shoe department,I work over here in the clothing section. I can't sell you shoes,I'm more into things like this....

Now this was sheer dumb luck. This was the best thing that could have happened, but you really didn't earn this.

Now this kind of shocked me. I'm used to being the sexual one,yet this woman,WHO WAS ON THE JOB,was being suggestive to me.

This just goes along with my belief that women have sexualness boiling underneath,but are afraid to show it out of fear of being labeled a slvt,and that they'll only show to men who make them feel comfortable enough to show it.

Being shocked that women are sexual is a bigger issue for you than wondering if it is ok to go back for a number

me:Woah...hold up lady,I don't go that route. But forget about that,I have a question for you. So umm...what's the deal with you? Are you married with a hundred kids,or what?

I cant think of a dumber,more irrelevant thing to say as this. Why would you take her sexually suggestive move, and start talking about kids and husbands. You should have stayed with that lingerie subject and taken it a step further. How bout something like, "Ok, you pick one out, and i'll try it on for you later. We'll just add to the list of secrets we are keeping together." Luckily for you she is easy to work with.

me:Ok,well look. If I want to see you,if I want to take you out,are you cool with that,or what?

Bro, never ask for a date or approval. Dont give her the opportunity to reject you. Instead say something like, "Well, now that i've seen your feet, and we have all these secrets together, it seems like we are going to end up hanging out some time."

Maybe I should get your number then

Well here is your opportunity. But I have to warn you, I'm a little dangerous."

Her: Really, why is that.

You: Women typically cant help themselves around me. Most dates I go on I end up getting jumped on in the first five minutes. So, If you promise to behave yourself, we can hang out some time.

Get her number end of story. Dont ever leave it up to her to call you. Go get a pen, write it down, whatever you have to do. Or take her phone from her and call yours. Dont leave it to chance, and you wouldnt have had to go back

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't read through all the replies but it looks like things worked out good.

Couple points I wanted to make:

1) I'm not a big fan of going places without my cell SPECIFICALLY because I don't like depending on technology when I'm closing. Although it doesn't happen a lot, I've been in your situation at least 4-5 times over the past few years. And it sucks because you KNOW the girl was interested, but then again you don't want to come off as needy as you mentioned.

2) Why didn't you go old school? She was/is highly interested, so why not tell her to grab a pen and small piece of paper and write down her number? I did the not to long ago and it worked like a charm...

-------------------------------------------------------

In your situation what really benefited you was the strong opening; rapport building and the sexual swing the conversation took. Her interest was/is high, so even if you had the number and went back to the store and acted like you forgot to pick up something, just so you could run into her again for a few minutes (not that you'd do this or its advisable) she STILL would've been jockin' you because you peaked her interest.

Lots of newbies over-analyze situations just like this and do the whole wait 3 days to call because they think it will increase the girl's interest. After 8 strong years in the game I can tell you without a doubt the most important part of securing a 1st date with a girl is your initial PU; if that's strong you can get away with murder.

And you better bang this byatch; she's begging for it! :D

Nice pick up; good flow and way to not get rattled.

PIMP

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mistic said:
IMO this was a very amateur pick-up. I see it as lucky he got as far as he did. Going back for the # is not an issue for me here. Rather, I would like to focus on some things he could have done differently from the start.
You appear to be a troll. This is why no one listens to you.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit i hope things workout for you, man. i follow your posts and advice as best i can and even though i havent had the success ive hoped for, ive had SOME at least. i tried to pickup a girl in walmart awhile back but it didnt go well. here's what happened. you can compare it to your encounter.

setting the scene: i was grocery shopping in walmart, but only had a loaf of bread in my cart. i accidently bumped into this really pretty girl as she was coming around the corner of the isle i was going down next. classic encounter, right? well, didnt workout so well.

me: oh i'm sorry, excuse me(after bumping into her cart with my cart. said this with a friendly smile)

her: that's ok

me: (after noticing her cart was FULL, i mean FULL of food) i know where to go eat if i ever get hungry.(said this jokingly).

her: haha

and then she walked on past me. there was no awkward hesitation after my last comment, and i figured she wasnt interested if she didn't offer me something to reply to other then "haha". i got thrown off because i was expecting a reply of some sort from her but got nothing, and plus she began to walk past me at this point. i couldn't think of anything to say to stop her and continue the encounter, so i just played it off and began on my way too. what i'm getting at is Igetit had the girl give him responses that he could develop a conversation with. if i had made the comment about her having no shoes i probably would have gotten just a "i know", instead of the playful answer he got from her.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Igetit!

This was good that you payed attention and used an authentic observation rather than a canned opener

Her response gave you many opportunities, but instead you chose to get into some sort of debate over store policy

You could have said something like "We clearly we need to get you on your back asap."

LOL! Bro the only thing that's amatuer is your advice! 99% chance he would've been shut down if he replied with your suggestion here because there was absolutely no rapport. Unless she was highly sexually interested in him (which we later found out that she was or is also a slvt) this would've got him no where.

Or any number of playful sexually suggestive comments. Notice the use of the word WE. You are locking yourself in with her. If you said "You should go take a break then and sit down somewhere," then you are excluding yourself from the equation

Again this advice, while not terrible, would've have made a difference at this point.

Depending on how you said this, it could be kind of a funny neg. But there was no need to stay on the subject of her feet, unless it was a quick positive comment, or something like "I promise not to tell. I am good at keeping secrets." You would of course move a little closer as you said this, and be staring directly into her eyes with a small smirk.

Dude, your advice is freakin' horrible so far!! Its making me laugh as I type this! LOL Notice the difference between his reply and your suggested reply? He's asking her a question, while also showing her he's not intimidated by her... asking questions... helps to keep the conversation flowing. And again, you have to build some rapport in any pick up before you can jump right into sexual innuedos.

Now this was sheer dumb luck. This was the best thing that could have happened, but you really didn't earn this.

It wasn't luck; it was looks + seduction building attraction and making her feel comfortable.

Being shocked that women are sexual is a bigger issue for you than wondering if it is ok to go back for a number

Looks like you didn't understand what he meant by that. Of course he knows women are sexual beings and have the desire to have sex just as much, if not more than guys; BUT he was shocked to have this girl aggressively swing the conversation in the direction so early.

I cant think of a dumber,more irrelevant thing to say as this. Why would you take her sexually suggestive move, and start talking about kids and husbands. You should have stayed with that lingerie subject and taken it a step further. How bout something like, "Ok, you pick one out, and i'll try it on for you later. We'll just add to the list of secrets we are keeping together." Luckily for you she is easy to work with.

I agree with you to an extent here. I would've taken it a different direction than he decided to, but everyone has a slightly different style.

Bro, never ask for a date or approval. Dont give her the opportunity to reject you. Instead say something like, "Well, now that i've seen your feet, and we have all these secrets together, it seems like we are going to end up hanging out some time."

Again I agree with you here; never ask a girl for anything.

Maybe I should get your number then

Well here is your opportunity. But I have to warn you, I'm a little dangerous."

LOL.... your not James Bond bro, lay of seductionfornewbies.com so much.

Her: Really, why is that.

You: Women typically cant help themselves around me. Most dates I go on I end up getting jumped on in the first five minutes. So, If you promise to behave yourself, we can hang out some time.

LMAO!!! I was starting to think you don't give THAT bad of advice, but the last two responses from you have re-confirmed that notion.

Get her number end of story. Dont ever leave it up to her to call you. Go get a pen, write it down, whatever you have to do. Or take her phone from her and call yours. Dont leave it to chance, and you wouldnt have had to go back

I agree with that as well.....

PIMP

Reaction score
Mistic, excellent advice and exactly what I was thinking!

IGetIt!, the "slutty" girl from the store simply thought you were hot, and thus no matter what you said, no matter how you said it, and no matter what you did, she would be interested in you nonetheless.

What I'd like to know is, why are you taking a slutty girl who wants to fvck, to IHOP for "coffee and to just relax". IHOP = NO ISOLATION = NO SEX

You need to always always always ALWAYS ALWAYS either go to her place, or ask her to your place to watch some movies with drinks.

You should have said the following when making the date: "Hey I got a ton of great movies, lets hang out at my place! We can drink some wine too, which do you prefer red or white?"

The way you are inviting her to your place, you are basically TELLING her that she's gonna go to your place, and the REAL question you are asking is what kind of wine she likes........you see how I just did that?

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you didn't care like you say you don't then you wouldn't be asking us if it came off as needy.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
Igetit i hope things workout for you, man. i follow your posts and advice as best i can and even though i havent had the success ive hoped for, ive had SOME at least. i tried to pickup a girl in walmart awhile back but it didnt go well. here's what happened. you can compare it to your encounter.

setting the scene: i was grocery shopping in walmart, but only had a loaf of bread in my cart. i accidently bumped into this really pretty girl as she was coming around the corner of the isle i was going down next. classic encounter, right? well, didnt workout so well.

me: oh i'm sorry, excuse me(after bumping into her cart with my cart. said this with a friendly smile)

her: that's ok

me: (after noticing her cart was FULL, i mean FULL of food) i know where to go eat if i ever get hungry.(said this jokingly).

her: haha

and then she walked
robert dude you need to be more ****y and funny - why apoligise? a waek response- you could have in a C+F way accused her of crashing into you or something and busted on her...
ur 2nd line was kinda lame....thus only a "HAHA" response