Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'd like some opinions on something I did during an approach.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Mistic said:
You are a smart guy, Igetit. Yougetit. How you feel is exactly what makes the difference when communicating to a female. In your situation I would have felt great that she gave me the opportunity to use a line like "We need to get you on your back right away." I would say it so casually, lightheartedly, but at the same dead serious in a mischievous playful way, that it would be well received.

Your analogy here is spot on, and it never occurred to me to think of it that way. Thanks.

No prob man.

There could be 50 different ways and methods of how to go about approaching a girl,and ALL 50 OF THEM VALID,but it's up to each guy to choose the one that HE FEELS MOST COMFORTABLE WITH because it's HIS EMOTIONAL STATE behind the approach,WHATEVER the method may be.

That's all I was tryng to say.

Black Dog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I get all those Rock n Roll songs....hell any song.....accusing women of 'black magic' or being 'witches' etc. You need to bring the correct mindset and bring a proper vibe with you, and toss that vibe back & forth with a girl, cuz she picks up on those emotions.....yea I've read a couple articles about how girls can "mind read" but really its dealing with your state of being am I correct?

Thanks a lot IGetIt that really clears things up, and I'll be able to pick up on a conversation with a girl from all different angles in the future, rather than just what I say/

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no master DJ, nor do I post here regularly anymore (when I have the time, that'll damn sure change), but I'll toss my two cents in.

I dig the approach. I've done approaches like that before - search for the conversation point, or an unintentional peacock, break ice with it, talk circles, get #, split - and it's worked. Not 100%, but it still works. Mostly on girls who are just looking for something quick and simple. which is always nice.

But, I digress.

Personally, I wouldn't have gone back to get the number again. But, I always carry my cell on me. And a pen, just in case. For you, though, if you have the swagger to pull that off and not come across as "that guy", more power to you. We all do it differently.

Call her, fvck her, repeat.

Edit: I just realized how old a post this is... whoops. My point still stands, though.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
My question is,do you guys think that my returning back to the store to make sure I had her number was ok to do?

I ask that becuase i know that that could be be misinterpeted as being needy or clingy.
If she has even the beginnings of interest or attraction to you, your returning to get her number will be "felt" by her as confident and persistent.
A woman who likes you will ALWAYS be pleased to see you.
I've found that you can almost do no wrong in the early stages with a woman who likes you enough.

Have faith fellas. IF you have "something" going with a woman you practically can't blow it.

Secondly, if she wanted to block you or avoid you or blow you off, she had plenty of opportunities to do that. No mention of a b/f ...etc.
Instead she offered you two cell numbers.
Interested women will always act accordingly .

Now what do you think ?

Igetit!

Reaction score
This thread is a 1000 years old,so why this "Marvin Gaye" dude decided to dig it up again from the past,I don't know.

But if he got something out of it,then good for him.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
What's up fellas,...
Well, if you are interested in a lady's pov... I like you Igetit!, which you know by now. So I am glad to weigh in here, and "see" you in action. I have not read the replies, and I am feeling slightly A.D.D. right now, so I can't give a deep, detailed response. But quickly, some feedback:

1. No, going back was not the wrong course of action. Women like men who are persistent. She showed a lot of signs of genuinely being interested, and as long as you knew how to react if you decided to view you as creepy, well, I like your confidence and re-approach here.

2. Her wittiness and verbal sparring was out of your league. She seemed playful, fun, and extremely witty. Your responses were kind of lame, and also I think that you should have been just as playful and not obviously sex oriented back. She took the route of the aggressor for fun, and I think it would have been more seductive to see you making her feel like a pervert (playfully). I don't know if I am getting this across as well as I'd like, but basically if she loses interest here, my guess would be it's because she baited you and you revealed your narrow intentions too soon. You were too easy.

My 2cents!

(dammit I see this thread is old as hell. whatev's)

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
You appear to be a troll. This is why no one listens to you.

to be honest i agree with mistic, everything he highlights rings true and was exactly what i was thinking when reading through the post.

dont get me wrong noone gives better advice then "IGETIT" but when ur instructing urself its always much harder, i can tell you exactly what u need to do but if i was to do it myself its never the same.

im only on this topic to read through his advices because its so good but the whole maybe thing during the pickup was very very undecisive especially bringing up reasons for her to exclude u (GOT A HUSBAND OR BOYFREIND?) even if she did you shouldnt be the one to bring it up

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
What's up fellas,

Wow,I'm so used to dishing out advice it seems kinda weird to be on the receiving end. Anyway,here the deal....

I went to this retail store who's name rhymes with "smal-mart" about two hours ago to do some shopping. While I was there,I saw this woman who works there who I thought was cute,but just never approached.

Well while I was shopping,I saw her off in a clothing section to herself,so I decided to go and talk to her. I saw her from behind,circled around to where I would be walking past her with groceries in tow.

As I was walking by her,I noticed she didn't have any shoes on,and she was working in the clothing section that was carpetted.

So anyway,I approach her and the convo went something like this....

Me:Uh...you don't have any shoes on.
her:Shhhh. My shoes make my feet hurt when I've been standing around all day.
Me:Well aren't you on the job?
her:Yeah,but they won't say anything if they don't know.
Me:Well you're feet don't stink,do they?
her: (she ****ed her head to the side and just looked at me)
Me;Well as long as your feet don't stink,you're ok. Hey,do you guys sell bowling shoes here?
Her:No we don't. In fact,since they've moved everything around,the shoe department sucks.
Me:Hmm. Oh well.
her:I don't work over in the shoe department,I work over here in the clothing section. I can't sell you shoes,I'm more into things like this....

(then she picked this teeny-tiny kinda see though black top).

Me:Oh...ok...
her:I can't sell you shoes,but I can sell you lingerie.

Now this kind of shocked me. I'm used to being the sexual one,yet this woman,WHO WAS ON THE JOB,was being suggestive to me.

This just goes along with my belief that women have sexualness boiling underneath,but are afraid to show it out of fear of being labeled a slvt,and that they'll only show to men who make them feel comfortable enough to show it.

Anyway,back to the approach.

her:I can't sell you shoes,but I can sell you lingerie.
me:Woah...hold up lady,I don't go that route. But forget about that,I have a question for you. So umm...what's the deal with you? Are you married with a hundred kids,or what?

her: (she laughs) Um,now. I have 99 kids,lol. No,I'm not married.
me:Ok,well look. If I want to see you,if I want to take you out,are you cool with that,or what?
her:Maybe.
me:Uhh...maybe?
her:Well,I don't know you.
me:I know you don't know me. That's the whole point of going out,to get to know eack other. I don't know you either. All I know is I like the way you look. I mean hey,if you're not interested,then just tell me and I'll go on about my business.

her:No,I'm interested. I mean I wouldn't still be standing here talking to you if I wasn't.

me:Alright,that's cool. Now let me ask you this...Let's say that hyperthetically,the two of us get together and I take you out,or whatever.
Now if I take you out,do I have to spend the whole date trying to be nice and be a gentleman?
her:What do you mean?
me:Ok,you know how some guys will take a woman out and they'll start trying to hug on her and kiss her like 5 minutes into the date? Well you don't have to worry,I'm not like that.

her:....
me:You don't have to worry about that with me. I mean I usually wait like,I don't know,what....10...15 minutes.
her: (BURST OUT LAUGHING)
me:What? Is that too long?
her:Well what if I'm the kind of girl who as soon as I get into the car with you,I turn and try to jump on you?

Now this threw me for a loop guys. I wasn't expecting that.

Let's continue....

Me:Oooh,ok. So it's like that,huh? Hmm. Well,I think I could work with that. Yeah,that definately has possibilities.

So anyway,I asked for her number,and she wanted to put it into my cell,but I didn't have it on me. Then she asked for my number,and told me she'd text me her number,and she did it right there while I was standing with her.

Now here's what I'd like some opinions on....

I stay only 5 minutes from that store. When I got home,I checked my cell,and apparently I didn't get her text.

I don't think she tried to give me the slip or anything like that because she genuinely seemed interested. She offered to give me her number,but since I didn't have my cell on me,nor did I have a pen or paper,she said she'd text me her number.

I gave her both my cell and my home phone,so it's possible she tried to text to the wrong one. She even put my name in her cell,I stood there and spelled it out while she typed it in and saw it.

My only concern is this....once I saw that I didn't have her number in my cell,I went back to the store. I found her,and she said,"Hey,I know you"

Then said,"Hey,I never got that text".

She had a surprised look on her face,and then said,"Huh? Well I sent it. Are you sure you didn't get it?".

Then I showed her my most recently received messages,and that her's wasn't there.

So she gave me her number,and I put it into my cell. Then she offered me her other cell phone number (she has two cells),but I told her that one was enough,told her I'd give her a call later,and then left.

My question is,do you guys think that my returning back to the store to make sure I had her number was ok to do?

I ask that becuase i know that that could be be misinterpeted as being needy or clingy.

I didn't stay there and talk and talk and talk with her. I just told her that I didn't receive her text,I made sure I had her number,then I told her I'd call her later,then left.

I just hope me making sure I had her number didn't come off as neediness.

It if did and it turns out she's turn off simply because of that,then so what,I don't care. I can just approach someone else.

Anyway,opinions please.

You just did what you had to do to get what you wanted. You weren't stalking her or anything. You were showing her you were interested. You wanted her number...and Igetit got it. Simple. There's waay too much over-analizing done on here.

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your style man. Especially how you went in direct after doing a cold approach. That's something I gotta work on! VERY NICE ! :D