Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I told a female colleague she was the ‘mother of the office’

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday everyone in my office was working late and our only female colleague decided to buy a load of snacks and drinks to help get us through the remainder of the day. I complimented her saying ‘she was like the mother of the office’ and was met with a stern ‘please don’t say that’ by her and a similar comment from a male senior... I’m informed that this is now a sexest thing to say..Is it?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday everyone in my office was working late and our only female colleague decided to buy a load of snacks and drinks to help get us through the remainder of the day. I complimented her saying ‘she was like the mother of the office’ and was met with a stern ‘please don’t say that’ by her and a similar comment from a male senior... I’m informed that this is now a sexest thing to say..Is it?
Yes, it is. She told you this directly. I’d apologize to her in a sincere tone and say you won’t make a comment like that again.

This is NOT the “fight” to pick in regards to right vs wrong. The me too movement is costing men their jobs every day. Companies will fire you immediately at the first wind of sexual harassment.

Also, that was a shvtty compliment. Graciousness is - “thank you for the snacks. I appreciate it.” You sounded like an ungrateful dvck.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How on earth is that sexist/sexual harassment?

If anything she's probably p!ssed because she doesn't want to be seen as old

She sounds like a bag of misery. I would have a FIELD day with her

The me too movement is costing men their jobs every day.
It's costing women their jobs too. Some companies won't hire them

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How on earth is that sexist/sexual harassment?
“Mother” is not something you’d say to a man.

If anything she's probably p!ssed because she doesn't want to be seen as old

She sounds like a bag of misery. I would have a FIELD day with her
It doesn’t matter why she is pissed. Pissing off coworkers creates an uncomfortable work environment. This is amplified even more when females are in question. No one wants to work with an aszhole.

It's costing women their jobs too. Some companies won't hire them
Evidence?

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not looking for an argument here, I’m looking to be educated and have this rationalised as to why it’s offensive..

maybe I’m being dumb but I really don’t get it

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It doesn’t matter why she is pissed. Pissing off coworkers creates an uncomfortable work environment. This is amplified even more when females are in question. No one wants to work with an aszhole.

Evidence?
I could write a big reply but I'm just going to say I don't care

Some people are just looking to be offended

And Forbes is my evidence. Google it

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not looking for an argument here, I’m looking to be educated and have this rationalised as to why it’s offensive..

maybe I’m being dumb but I really don’t get it
Don’t compliment women ever in a work environment. It’s inappropriate. Why did you feel the need to say that rather than a simple thank you?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like she was a little oversensitive. I mean I really don't see anything that offensive about it. Special snowflakes and all.
What it reminds me of more than anything else is a neg.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a male did the same would you say “you’re like the daddy of the office”? :eek:
I saw females saying that to they bosses and teacher in college, since he really did helped everyone in there.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Billtx49

Reaction score
No i'd probably use the word mother again.
Rather than assigning roles for office work behavior, a simple Thanks for thinking about us, it was very considerate, would have been more than sufficient …

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is that it was unprofessional. Simple as that. Businesses aren't families and you're not there to play house. I'm sure you meant no offense by the comment, and probably meant it as a compliment, so consider it a simple lesson.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While it was unprofessional she is a b*tch. Steer clear from her and now you know at this office you have to keep things extremely professional, sounds like you work with a bunch of SJW’s.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is that it was unprofessional. Simple as that. Businesses aren't families and you're not there to play house. I'm sure you meant no offense by the comment, and probably meant it as a compliment, so consider it a simple lesson.
So if one guy in the office decides to bring the post up from the reception every morning out of his choice, and after saying thank you I say to him 'you are like the postman of the office', is that offensive?

Why is jokingly giving a role, offensive? I want to get down to why this is actually offensive and unprofessional? What is the reason for this etiquette? What does it prevent, what does it achieve?

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While it was unprofessional she is a b*tch. Steer clear from her and now you know at this office you have to keep things extremely professional, sounds like you work with a bunch of SJW’s.
I actually work in a really chilled office. Its not professional or corporate whatsoever, apart from the work we do. We wear what we want, work flexible hours, make dis tasteful jokes out of the other guys and get them back. (we do software development, so think your typical computer geeks) I guess that's partly why I don't get the reaction of this woman.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually work in a really chilled office. Its not professional or corporate whatsoever, apart from the work we do. We wear what we want, work flexible hours, make dis tasteful jokes out of the other guys and get them back. (we do software development, so think your typical computer geeks) I guess that's partly why I don't get the reaction of this woman.
You are looking for a logical answer. I can’t explain why, it just is asking for trouble to refer to women at work as or describe them as anything other than your coworker.
20 years ago this comment would have not been an issue at all but we live in hypersensitive times and women like this h*e at your job are looking for any reason they can to say “me too”