The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.
Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.
Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
hmmmSugar is toxic and fattening....keep it to a minimum.
Caffeine giveth and taketh away like all drugs. I quit coffee two years ago and haven't looked back. *Awesome samspade, good job, great example to set, thanks very much for that.* Energy levels are much more normal, and I enjoy the morning without "needing" a coffee to feel normal. Everyone is different but that's where I was.
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
this sounds like the good lifeIt's a great feeling. I was simply too reliant on it. And not only that but it made me irritable...not just in the morning but throughout the day.
But I quit by gradually reducing my intake, then switching to decaf, until finally none at all.
So many people act like it's a necessity, but when you were a kid you didn't need it. Nobody was born drinking coffee.
I'm still not a morning person but I wake up and adjust much easier, and I sleep better at night. The little lulls in energy I have are nowhere near as drastic. Of course I don't have the quick energy jolt of caffeine either. Everything just feels more normal.
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.
Sugar and carbs makes folks fat huh?Lay off the sugar. I don't put sugar in anything anymore and haven't for years. I don't miss it or the sugar crashes at all, and this coming from a guy who would put down a 12 pack of cokes in 2 days or less. If I drank like that today I'd probably be 250 lbs, your body will thank you later for the sugar you don't eat today.
I drink quite a bit of coffee, but I drink it straight black.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Yes, found that screen time challenging, glad I'm moving more now.I'm having one a day also. Weaker than my normal strength.
Working security in office, nothing to do because doors are locked. Start at 08:45, lasted til about 1530 before I needed a coffee.
Couple occasions in the past I have been able to cut it out completely at work. I've went a week or two back then with no çoffee, but then slowly crept back on it. I must have thought "ive proved my point, now i can relax"
Sometimes I think we might just be fed up at staring at the screen all day
fatty fat; bloated fat with cellulite.Sugar and carbs makes folks fat huh?
Yep yep.fatty fat; bloated fat with cellulite.
Went a week with no coffee. Starting to slowly get back on it now though. Had a cup yesterday and one today.Yes, found that screen time challenging, glad I'm moving more now.
Keep up the good work Rainman4707.
Heard at meetings that its dangerous to rationalise that its ok to start again....with any substance. I'm going to go with the allergy excuse/reason to turn down coffee once I'm 'off' it.
Me too/me also.Went a week with no coffee. Starting to slowly get back on it now though. Had a cup yesterday and one today.
What kept me off it was the poster that mentioned "we didn't NEED coffee when we were younger" so I thought..yeah I shouldn't need it now either.
Didnt sit in an office all day when i was younger though
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.