Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

i lost energy

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Down to 2 - 16 oz instant...not percolated, it has more caffeine....coffees with S werve "sugar" and unsweetened almond milk per day.
A few more instant decaf with no added S werve "sugar" and unsweetened almond milk per day.

Just switched from sweetened vanilla almond milk to the unsweetened.

Will be saving a good amount of dollars per month, not going through coffee drive-throughs too. Will be controlling the addition of dairy(potential dietary trigger/energy sapper for me, won't know until I do that expensive lab work)instead of my almond milk in the drivethru coffees too.

This works. Reduce slowly. Make small, incremental changes but stick to the changes.

Trust yourself. You're right, this is robbing your energy. Believe in yourself. You can do this.

Coffee and mainstream sugar and conventional, hormone-laden dairy affects everyone a little differently. Especially if you've been using for awhile.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sugar is toxic and fattening....keep it to a minimum.

Caffeine giveth and taketh away like all drugs. I quit coffee two years ago and haven't looked back. Energy levels are much more normal, and I enjoy the morning without "needing" a coffee to feel normal. Everyone is different but that's where I was.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Sugar is toxic and fattening....keep it to a minimum.

Caffeine giveth and taketh away like all drugs. I quit coffee two years ago and haven't looked back. *Awesome samspade, good job, great example to set, thanks very much for that.* Energy levels are much more normal, and I enjoy the morning without "needing" a coffee to feel normal. Everyone is different but that's where I was.
hmmm

to not need coffee

I don't know that feeling yet. Long time ago I did, but I had to experience a week of tearing, excruciating caffeine withdrawal headaches and nausea.

My replacement hot drink was something called Ink a. I haven't seen that for decades. It was just tasty enough to be a good replacement. I think it had roasted chicory root in it. Looked like coffee, smelled good, etc.

Sugar knows where it can go. Thankfully, I've trained myself to just not even have it in my abode now for over 25 years. But I have 3 other "sugars" here. The S werve, the honey and the maple syrup.

Crazy how toxic and addicting sugar is.
In her book 'Potatoes not P rozac' Mrs. Desmaison encourages eating of protein and serotonin producing foods like potatoes to replace sugar cravings/addictions.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm

to not need coffee

I don't know that feeling yet. Long time ago I did, but I had to experience a week of tearing, excruciating caffeine withdrawal headaches and nausea.
It's a great feeling. I was simply too reliant on it. And not only that but it made me irritable...not just in the morning but throughout the day.

But I quit by gradually reducing my intake, then switching to decaf, until finally none at all.

So many people act like it's a necessity, but when you were a kid you didn't need it. Nobody was born drinking coffee.

I'm still not a morning person but I wake up and adjust much easier, and I sleep better at night. The little lulls in energy I have are nowhere near as drastic. Of course I don't have the quick energy jolt of caffeine either. Everything just feels more normal.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In southern Italy I'm something of a pariah for not drinking an espresso at the bar every morning. I simply never got into the habit of coffee, having grown up in the UK. I hate tea but coffee is nice. I can take it or leave it.

I used to work the late shift Saturday night in a bakery, then the early shift next morning. It wasn't even legal. I had no more than two hour's sleep in between. That's when coffee became my secret weapon. My late stepdad would keep a jug of espresso he'd made, in the fridge, and I'd pour myself a whole glass and gulp it down like a maniac. I, a non coffee drinker at the best of times, was drinking five times the normal dose and it showed by the time I got to work (on foot as I'd sold my car, forty odd minutes in the freezing dark, sometimes under the rain).

At work I became an animal, completing a full day's shift without a second's pause. No breaks, no food. Then I'd walk home and collapse face-down on the bed without changing out of my work uniform, and fall asleep.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
It's a great feeling. I was simply too reliant on it. And not only that but it made me irritable...not just in the morning but throughout the day.

But I quit by gradually reducing my intake, then switching to decaf, until finally none at all.

So many people act like it's a necessity, but when you were a kid you didn't need it. Nobody was born drinking coffee.

I'm still not a morning person but I wake up and adjust much easier, and I sleep better at night. The little lulls in energy I have are nowhere near as drastic. Of course I don't have the quick energy jolt of caffeine either. Everything just feels more normal.
this sounds like the good life
one day I will be there again. If I can quit smoking, I can quit coffee.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a bunch of soi bois in here. If coffee gives u that many issues then something else is wrong. I drink a stout cup of instant coffee with a good bit of sugar every morning followed by some good jogging and a workout then a few cups of maeng da kratom until the evening. Very happy with this.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
only one soi boy in this thread zinc4 and you're reading her post right now.#staythefvckawayfromallfoodsdrinkscontainingsoy

Day in your life sounds good man, saw your posts in Cola's reveal thread. Like everyone else working hard, hard to improve themselves here, keep up the good work.
Nice alternative suggestion. I'd like to not need any stimulant or energy booster besides regular good sleeps and good workouts.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll play devil's advocate here and bring up the positives of coffee. It helps speed up your metabolism (hence why some have to **** after drinking it) promoting weight loss, alertness, and has shown to decrease risk of certain cancers and strokes. Which is why I drink it in moderation, about 1 cup a day and if I'm really tired I'll have no more than 2 cups.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm having one a day also. Weaker than my normal strength.
Working security in office, nothing to do because doors are locked. Start at 08:45, lasted til about 1530 before I needed a coffee.

Couple occasions in the past I have been able to cut it out completely at work. I've went a week or two back then with no çoffee, but then slowly crept back on it. I must have thought "ive proved my point, now i can relax"

Sometimes I think we might just be fed up at staring at the screen all day

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lay off the sugar. I don't put sugar in anything anymore and haven't for years. I don't miss it or the sugar crashes at all, and this coming from a guy who would put down a 12 pack of cokes in 2 days or less. If I drank like that today I'd probably be 250 lbs, your body will thank you later for the sugar you don't eat today.

I drink quite a bit of coffee, but I drink it straight black.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lay off the sugar. I don't put sugar in anything anymore and haven't for years. I don't miss it or the sugar crashes at all, and this coming from a guy who would put down a 12 pack of cokes in 2 days or less. If I drank like that today I'd probably be 250 lbs, your body will thank you later for the sugar you don't eat today.

I drink quite a bit of coffee, but I drink it straight black.
Sugar and carbs makes folks fat huh?

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I'm having one a day also. Weaker than my normal strength.
Working security in office, nothing to do because doors are locked. Start at 08:45, lasted til about 1530 before I needed a coffee.

Couple occasions in the past I have been able to cut it out completely at work. I've went a week or two back then with no çoffee, but then slowly crept back on it. I must have thought "ive proved my point, now i can relax"

Sometimes I think we might just be fed up at staring at the screen all day
Yes, found that screen time challenging, glad I'm moving more now.
Keep up the good work Rainman4707.

Heard at meetings that its dangerous to rationalise that its ok to start again....with any substance. I'm going to go with the allergy excuse/reason to turn down coffee once I'm 'off' it.