I just hate life at this point

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to ask. How can one be against corporate greed (see: capitalism) yet identify as a "conservative libertarian"? Isn't the entire basis of libertarian thought "less government more freedom", aka less intervention so private entities can push policies that benefit shareholders and not society?

B

BlueAlpha1

I have to ask. How can one be against corporate greed (see: capitalism) yet identify as a "conservative libertarian"? Isn't the entire basis of libertarian thought "less government more freedom", aka less intervention so private entities can push policies that benefit shareholders and not society?
I didn't say anything about intervention. I am not for government intervening to stop corporate greed because then you get all sorts of programs that are overreach like affirmative action. A corporation should be free to be greedy, and citizens should be free to either work or not work for them. I don't want to change the economic system, we need to change the stigma that says anybody who says "**** this, this system is not for me" is lazy. A guy like me or OP should not be guilt-tripped because we don't want to work 50 hours a week playing office politics for 40 years. But to anybody who wants that, have at it.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about intervention. I am not for government intervening to stop corporate greed because then you get all sorts of programs that are overreach like affirmative action. A corporation should be free to be greedy, and citizens should be free to either work or not work for them. I don't want to change the economic system, we need to change the stigma that says anybody who says "**** this, this system is not for me" is lazy. A guy like me or OP should not be guilt-tripped because we don't want to work 50 hours a week playing office politics for 40 years. But to anybody who wants that, have at it.
So basically you think that some weak sauce principles about freedom are more important than outcomes...that response was a retarded shoulder shrug at a problem that we could solve to improve the lives of everyone. The irony of your opinion and line of thinking is that corporations have more overreach into society than our government could ever hope to have. In case you haven't noticed corporations do much more than solely offer employment, or not offer employment, to people. Even the corporations that we will never work for, will influence our lives in some way. Does net neutrality ring any bells? That's just one example.

B

BlueAlpha1

So basically you think that some weak sauce principles about freedom are more important than outcomes...that response was a retarded shoulder shrug at a problem that we could solve to improve the lives of everyone. The irony of your opinion and line of thinking is that corporations have more overreach into society than our government could ever hope to have. In case you haven't noticed corporations do much more than solely offer employment, or not offer employment, to people. Even the corporations that we will never work for, will influence our lives in some way. Does net neutrality ring any bells? That's just one example.
What is this babble? You're all over the place here.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you talk in vague generalities about "outcomes" and "improving the lives of everyone." You asked me how a libertarian could be anti-capitalist. Very easily and I explained it. I refuse to work 9-5 at a day job because some old men have some outdated ideas about hard work, but I don't care if other people want to slave away in this system. Got it now?

And let's reserve accusations of retardation for people who say "weak sauce"

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
OP needs to improve his diet. When you eat right and your liver is not overloaded with toxins, you wake up super early. I get up at 3:30am like clockwork (and I never use an alarm clock), and I get to work by 5. The other day I worked until 6:30pm and then went out and did shots, and still showed up at 5am the next day. I wasn't always like this. Hardly. I used to want to sleep until 10 and still felt tired after.

And for the love of God get out of your parents house.

Mr_Stinky

Don Juan
Reaction score
OP needs to improve his diet. When you eat right and your liver is not overloaded with toxins, you wake up super early. I get up at 3:30am like clockwork (and I never use an alarm clock), and I get to work by 5. The other day I worked until 6:30pm and then went out and did shots, and still showed up at 5am the next day. I wasn't always like this. Hardly. I used to want to sleep until 10 and still felt tired after.

And for the love of God get out of your parents house.
I second this. Cleaning up your diet can have an enormous impact on your mental well being. Have your system fueled with clean energy is of the utmost importance

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.returnofkings.com/75222/why-we-should-strive-for-mass-unemployment

Hey TicTac (and marmel75 for that matter), head over to the link above to read why we should be striving for 80% unemployment.

UH OH...that's gonna ruffle some feathers here...
It's easy enough to bandy about these theories that never will happen so they can never be proved wrong.

I can come up with theories about what would happen if humans moved to and lived on Saturn, and nobody could ever disprove them because they've never occurred.